Other Opsite product(s)
IV3000 Moisture Responsive Catheter Dressings
IV3000 provides a range of IV dressings designed to meet the demands of modern IV site care. These specialized dressings can be applied to difficult areas of the body to secure catheters, IV’s, tubes, and other medical instruments. The transparency of the dressing allows caregivers to monitor the insertion site. The IV3000 is waterproof and allows patients to shower with the dressing in position. It also manages moisture, allowing excess moisture to escape as vapor. The IV3000 comes in four different options to fit the application required by the patient as shown below.
- Ported Dressings provide non-woven wings to reinforce around the catheter. An slot is provided to fit the cannula port. Each product includes two sterile securing strips to fix the catheter or tubing at the catheter site.
- Non-Ported is a one-handed application peripheral catheter (4007) or and central catheter (4008) dressing. This product comes comes with a fixation and documentation label. It prevents skin maceration or irritation to provide greater patient comfort.
- Reinforced Handle (Orange Handles) are used for peripheral, central/jugular and PICC/epidural applications. They come with 2 fixation strips and a documentation label.
- Frame Delivery for peripheral (59410082) or central (59410882) applications allows the dressing to be positioned accurately over the catheter providing quick, easy, aseptic application. IV3000 Frame Delivery provides greater fixation, strength and security with the inclusion of two integral securing strips and a documentation label. The adhesive utilizes a unique pattern spread for comfort and ease of removal.
IV 3000 Features and Benefits
- Transparent film acts as a barrier to bacteria including Methicillin-Resistant Staphyloccus Aureus (MRSA).
- High MVTR (typically 11,000g/m2 minimum per 24hrs at 37°C).
- Reduces risk of infection by preventing moisture accumulation.
- Waterproof, conformable and comfortable for the patient.
- Feature two securing strips and a documentation label.
- Some versions feature supporting wings.
- May support peripheral, central, PICC, or epidural catheters.
- Product Number: 4925, 4973, 4007, 4008, 4969, 66004009, 59410082, 59410882.
- Ported Size Options: Central, 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Inch.
- Non-Ported, One-Hand Size Options: Peripheral 2 3⁄8 x 2 3⁄4 Inch, Central 4 x 4 3⁄4 Inch.
- Reinforced Handle Size Options: PICC/Epidural 4 x 8 Inch and Central/Jugular 4 x 5 Inch.
- Frame Delivery Size Options: Peripheral 2 3⁄8 x 2 3⁄4 Inch and Central 4 x 4 3⁄4 Inch.
- Shape: Rectangle.
- Material: Polyurethane.
- Application: Transparent Film Dressing with Grid.
- Delivery Method: 2 Tab Delivery.
- Adhesive Film.
- HCPCS codes: A6257, A6258.
- Brand: IV3000.
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew.
Manuals and Documents
- Brochure for Catheter Dressings contains highlights for this advanced wound care product.
- Smith & Nephew Flyer provides information about this transparent grid pattern dressing product.
- Product Options contains list of dressing options and wound moisture information.
- Moisture Responsive Catheter Dressing provides information about moisture studies for this product.
- Standard Product Information contains manufacturer product information.
- Smith & Nephew Visual Infusion Phlebitis Score provides details about the product's performance.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew Sub Brand Opsite
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!