Ethicon's ENDOPATH XCEL Bladeless Trocars are sterile, single-use surgical instruments with an obturator and radiolucent sleeve and piston handle that works well with endoscopic procedures. The trocar's several safety features make it a perfect usage tool for surgeons and will leave patients with little to no scarring afterward. The top of the trocar has a durable universal seal that helps maintain the integrity of the endoscopic tube upon entry. Without the need of a reducer cap, the bladeless trocar is able to reduce drag force by a minimum of 24 percent. It's also able to handle a broad range of instrument sizes, ranging anywhere from 4.9 to 12.9 millimeters. The top is completed with a recessed stop cock valve to essentially rid the tool of any inadvertent opening or closing of the valve during surgery. A low-profile housing area gives the surgeon the ability to reach further into the patient with their instruments if needed.
The mid-portion has an integrated stability thread design that will maintain its integrity throughout the procedure. The threads work as a barrier between the patient's skin tissues and the instrument, meaning it won't slip around or out of the surgical site during the procedure. A bladeless optical tip at the bottom means a fascial closure is not required and will result in a low port site herniation rate. It also minimizes abdominal wall and vessel trauma by separating the tissue fibers rather than cutting through them. This method slowly pushes the tissue and vessels aside, resulting in less bleeding during entry or exit.
The ENDOPATH Bladeless Trocar is available in five diameters, three lengths and two sleeve types for the ultimate choice in tool selection. Each box contains six (6) single-use trocars. Vitality Medical carries other Laparoscopic Trocars to aid in treating specific patient needs, including thethe Ethicon Endoparth XCEL, the Enodpath EXCEL Universal, Bladeless Trocars with Stability Sleeves, and Bladeless Trocars with Optiview Technology.
Product Features and Benefits
- Less Invasive Entry/Exit During Procedures
- Multiple Diameters and Sleeve Types Available
- Seal Also Eliminates Need for Reducer Cap
- Reduces Drag Force by at Least 24 Percent
- Handles a Wide Range of Instrument Sizes
- Recessed Stop Cock Valve Avoids Openings
- Low Profile Housing for More Instrument Reach
- Stability Thread Design to Reduce Slip-Outs
- Works as a Barrier Between Tissue Walls
- Durable Seal Maintains Tool Integrity
- Bladeless Tip for Easier Entry/Exit
- Causes Minimal Scarring to the Patient
- Product Numbers: B5LT, B5ST, B5XT, B8LT, B11LT, B11LTH, B12LT, B12LTH, B12SRT, B12XT, B15LT, B11LP, B11LPH, B12LP, B12LPH
- Available Lengths: 75 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm
- Available Diameters: 5 mm, 8mm, 11mm, 12 mm
- Endoscope Fitting: 0-Degree
- Sleeve Type: Stability, Smooth
- Universal Seal: Yes
- OPTIVIEW Camera: No
- Units per Box: 6 (Six)
- Brand: Endopath XCEL
- Manufacturer: Ethicon
Manuals and Documents
- Product Fact Sheet contains product features and product options chart.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!