Customers Also Bought
Endopath XCEL Trocars with OPTIVIEW Technology is an excellent tool for many surgical procedures, offering a clear view of what you're working on while remaining in complete control of the procedure. The XCEL is specifically designed to reduce or get rid of any smudges on the lens. This often occurs when the instrument is being reinserted after being cleaned, taking away a common undesired occurrence in surgical procedures. By being able to provide a level of cleanliness to your endoscope, it will reduce the need to frequently wipe the camera, keeping the procedural flow going and leading to fewer distractions. Designed with the camera port in mind, Optiview's main function is to wipe away and absorb any build up of fluids inside the trocar. The XCEL with OPTIVIEW works as a single-use unit with a radiolucent sleeve and bladeless obturator. The obturator contains a clear tapered optical area as well.
Available in both five and 12-millimeter sizes, the Endopath XCEL works well with a 0-degree endoscope and gives the user more visibility of each individual tissue layer as it's being inserted. The bladeless model is more evasive in its insertion method by separating rather than cutting through the individual skin layers. This allows for a cleaner entry into the area without any bleeding. This also means the fascial closure is not required and will result in lower site herniation. The seal at the top is universal, reducing the need for caps and maintaining insufflation in order to accommodate a wide range of instrument sizes; typically ranging from 4.9 - 12.9 millimeters. The insertion area has an integrated stability thread design that will maximize wall retention for minimal trocar slip-outs.
The XCEL Trocar is available in two different diameters and three different lengths to better meet patient needs. Vitality Medical also carries other Laparoscopic Trocars that may offer other advantageous needed for specific patients, including the Endopath XCEL Dilating Tip Trocar, the Ethicon Endoparth XCEL, the Enodpath EXCEL Universal, and Bladeless Trocars.
Product Features and Benefits
- Offers Complete Control of Surgical Procedures
- Designed to Reduce or Get Rid of Lens Smudge
- Eliminates the Need for Multiple Reinsertions
- No Need for Multiple Camera Wipes, Saving Time
- Will Wipe, Wisk and Absorb any Fluid Build Up
- Bladeless Optical Tip for Better Site Entry
- Most Compatible with 0-Degree Endoscopes
- Offers More Visibility of Tissue Layers
- Cleaner Entry Means Reduced Site Herniation
- Universal Seal Reduces the Need for a Cap
- Maintains Insufflation for a Variety of Sizes
- Integrated Stability Thread Design for Retention
- Minimal Trocar Slip-Outs for Little Skin Damage
- Product Numbers: 2B5LT, 2B5ST, 2B5XT, 2B12LT, 2B12XT
- Available Lengths: 75 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm
- Available Diameters: 5 mm, 12 mm
- Instrument Range: 4.7 - 12.9 mm
- Sleeve Type: Stability
- Bladeless Entry: Yes
- Universal Seal: Yes
- OPTIVIEW Camera: Yes
- Optical Element: Tapered
- Tip Type: Bladeless Optical
- Manufacturer: Ethicon
- Product Brochure offer product features and benefits.
- Product Fact Sheet provides addtional information about product features
- Product Portfolio displays product options.
Echelon Flex Powered Endopath Stapler in VATS (1:46 minutes)
XCEL Dilating Tip Trocar Usage Review Video (1:31 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!