DeVilbiss 5 Liter Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor (product ID #525DS)
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator is the smallest size home oxygen concentrator on the market. That makes the DeVilbiss Concentrator easier to transfer from room to room. The small size of this concentrator makes it less obtrusive in the home and produces an oxygen output of 5 liters per minute (LPM). Containing a recessed humidifier nook, this home oxygen concentrator is equipped with a two-piece cabinet for ease of maintenance. The DeVilbiss Home Oxygen Concentrator is feature rich and comes at a low price, making it our best selling home oxygen machine. In fact, the DeVilbiss Concentrator ranked first in a Comparison of Top Home Oxygen Concentrators. DeVilbiss Oxygen 5 Liter Concentrator comes with a 3 year warranty. This at-home concentrator is ideal for patients who lead an active lifestyle.
5 Liter Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor Components
- 5 Liter Concentrator
- Oxygen Sensor
- Three Year Warranty
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Features
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Features & Benefits
- Robust design for improved durability.
- Exclusive DeVilbiss OSD® (Oxygen Sensing Device) standard on every unit — increases accuracy and reliability for longer service intervals.
- Exceptional compressor durability.
- Quiet operation.
- Intake filter features a translucent back to allow technician to quickly determine if the filter is dirty.
- Readily accessible patient controls and protected cannula fitting.
- Low maintenance requirements - weekly cabinet filter cleaning.
- Recessed humidifier nook prevents damage.
- Easy to assemble/disassemble two-piece cabinet for ease of maintenance.
- Lockable flow meter.
- Low, pediatric flow meter available by special order (515LF-607). Call 877-418-9187.
- Proven rotary valve design.
- Convenient top and side handles for easy transport.
- Accommodates up to a 50-foot cannula (15.3 meters).
- Pressure-compensated flow meter to ensure accurate flow display.
- Pressure-relief valve and thermal protection on the compressor.
- Flame-retardant cabinet.
- Double insulated unit; two-prong plug.
- Alarm functions do not require a battery.
- Lowest price 5 liter oxygen concentrator.
- Ranked #1 in concentrator review and comparison. Top 10 Home Oxygen Concentrator Review
- Top seller.
DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Specifications
DeVilbiss Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor Specifications
- DeVilbiss Concentrator Product Number: 525DS.
- Weight: 37 Pounds.
- Width: 14 Inches.
- Height: 23 Inches.
- Depth: 12 Inches.
- Noise: 48 dBA.
- Oxygen Output (max): 5 LPM.
- Oxygen Outlet Pressure: 8.5 psig.
- Oxygen Purity: 93 Percent +/- 3 Percent.
- Power Consumption: 310W (270W @ 2.5 LPM or less).
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- HCPCS Code: E1390.
Oxygen Concentrator Additional Resources
Oxygen Concentrator Resources
Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist - Questions about the DeVilbiss 5 Liter Concentrator or any of the other oxygen concentrators can be answered by telephone with one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist. These trained specialists are re-evaluated every six months to ensure they are on top of the latest technology and the newest oxygen therapy delivery devices. These certified specialist can help you with questions about pulse flow oxygen, continuous flow oxygen, oxygen concentration levels, high altitude operation, oxygen therapy while traveling, as well as questions about specific concentrator specifications. Call toll free to 877-418-9187 to reach one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist.
Rental Program - If you would like to "kick the tires" by trying out a particular concentrator before actually purchasing it, try our rental program. Vitality Medical rents by the week with no limitation on the number of weeks. Try before you buy and take all the time you need to test, try and learn how to use one of the leading edge portable oxygen concentrators on the market. Often oxygen patients want to take a portable oxygen concentrator with them while traveling since home oxygen concentrators are too bulky and do not work with many foreign power grids. Vitality Medical has several lightweight portables approved by the FAA for airline travel that can be operated 24/7 while on your vacation. Call today for details at 877-418-9187.
Vitality Medical Buy Back Program - Not 100% satisfied with the concentrator you purchased? Let us make it right! Vitality Medical will buy your concentrator back and help you determine a better fit.
Oxygen Concentrator Loaner Program - Should your concentrator need to be repaired, Vitality Medical provides a concentrator on-loan for you to use while your concentrator is repaired. Whether your concentrator is under warranty or not, our customers have access to the Vitality Medical Loaner Program.
Easy Warranty Processing - Should your oxygen concentrator require repair while it is under warranty, just give us a call on our toll free line to set up your warranty repair at 877-418-9187. Remember, Vitality Medical offers a free loaner while your concentrator is being repaired. Warranty processing is only for concentrators purchased from Vitality Medical.
Oxygen Concentrator Rankings and Comparison Charts - If you would like to see a list of the top ranking oxygen concentrator choices along with detailed reviews, concentrator rankings and side-by-side comparisons, visit the links to our oxygen comparison studies below for detailed information.
- Oxygen Concentrator Expertise at Vitality Medical
- Comparison Chart of the Top 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrators displays oxygen performance, size, weight, operating factors and dependability.
- Case R, Hausmann R. Use of a portable oxygen concentrator with a fixed minute volume oxygen conserving device to deliver oxygen to exercising pulmonary rehabilitation patients (abstract). Respir Care 2005;50(11):1510.
- Chatburn RL, Williams TJ. Performance comparison of 4 portable oxygen concentrators. Respir Care 2010;55(4):433–442.
- Leblanc CJ, Lavallée LG, King JA, Taylor-Sussex RE, Woolnough A, McKim DA. A comparative study of 3 portable oxygen concentrators during a 6-minute walk test in patients with chronic lung disease. Respir Care. 2013 Oct;58(10):1598-605. doi: 10.4187/respcare.02275. Epub 2013 Apr 2.
- McCoy R, Petty T, Gay P. Respironics white paper. Comparison of three portable oxygen concentrators on exercising patients. Andover, MA: Philips Respironics; 2008.
- O'Donnell DE, Hernandez P, Kaplan A, Aaron S, Bourbeau J, Marciniuk D, et al. Canadian Thoracic Society recommendations for management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - 2008 update - highlights for primary care. Can Respir J 2008;15(Suppl A):1A–8A.
- Nasilowski J, Przybylowski T, Zielinski J, Chazan R. Comparing supplementary oxygen benefits from a portable oxygen concentrator and a liquid oxygen portable device during a walk test in COPD patients on long-term oxygen therapy. Respir Med 2008;102(7):1021–1025.
- Petty TL, Bliss PL. Ambulatory oxygen therapy, exercise, and survival with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (the Nocturnal Oxygen Therapy Trial revisited). Respir Care 2000;45(2):204–211.
- William C. Pruitt. Long-Term Oxygen Therapy: In a Perfect World. Respir Care, October 2013 58:10 1711-1713
DeVilbiss Concentrator Resources
- DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Brochure provides the features and benefits of this oxygen device.
- Oxygen Concentrator User Instruction Guide offers guidence in operating and maintaining the DeVilbiss Concentrator.
- DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Maintenance Log is a handy matrix to record maintenance performed on your oxygen machine.
- 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Troubleshooting Guide displays common symtoms and easy fixes.
- 525DS Concentrator Specifications offers a chart with key specificaitons for this stationary 5 liter oxygen concentrator.
- DeVilbiss Manufacturer's Web Page describing the 525DS Compact Home Oxygen Concentrator.
DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Shipping Video (2:20 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsDo The Expelled gases from this machine concentrate within the home and cause breathing problems for others within the home? We have a Nuvo Light Mark V currently, since the machine has been in the home everyone has been experiencing headaches and tiredness.Question by: Craig on Mar 19, 2016 2:37:31 PMAccording to a statement from the manufacturer: The gasses expelled from a concentrator are what is found in normal air less the amount of O2 that the user has taken in. Unless there is none of extremely like circulation of air from the outside air there should be no problem. Any specific information about the concentrator they are using should be directed to the manufacture.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Feb 13, 2017 8:38:00 AMWhat is the cost to electric bill with continuous use @ 3 liters.Question by: Pat earls on Jun 4, 2016 4:19:32 PMHello Mr. Earls: In order to accurately answer that question, multiple items need to be known. The answer is based on your LPM setting, the amount of hours the concentrator is being used, knowing how many watts are being used based on that usage, then using multiple (but simple) math solutions to come up with a total cost. For accurate information, we suggest researching American Medical Sales and Repair.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 29, 2016 3:24:00 PMRequired maintenance ?Question by: James Carcione on Jun 10, 2016 9:41:13 PMThere is a two-year manufacturer maintenance on the compressor that's recommended. Other than that, simple upkeep on the filters.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 26, 2016 3:03:00 PMCan more than one person use this and what other products would you need if they can? (not at the same time)Question by: Stacy on Jun 21, 2016 5:28:00 PMIt is possible to have more than one person use the same machine, though not at the same time. It's preferential to have separate masks and tubing as a precaution. If two people were to use it with an adapter, the oxygen received by each person would be greatly reduced.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 31, 2016 3:12:00 PMIs this unit had a built in humidifier?Question by: Lee on Jul 3, 2016 11:58:00 PMThis item does not have a built-in humidifier. We recommend purchasing the Oxygen Starter Kit with this item if you don't already have accessories from a previous concentrator. http://www.vitalitymedical.com/invacare-oxygen-concentrator-starter-kit.htmlAnswer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 18, 2016 2:07:00 PMwhat comes with this unitQuestion by: dean on May 20, 2016 9:16:20 PMEach purchase includes the oxygen concentrator and an oxygen sensor. All other parts/components will need to be purchased separately.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 19, 2016 3:11:00 PMCan I use it as an oxygen facial? Do you have a spa facial mask to buy separately ?Question by: Quincy on Feb 23, 2017 1:36:00 PMThis item has not been known to be used for oxygen facials. We do not sell the accessories for such a procedure.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Dec 6, 2017 8:29:00 AMMy husband needs a 6 lpm continuous flow at night with bipap - Have been told that the 5 liter DeVilbess can be set up to 6 liter. Is that true?Question by: Jo on Oct 19, 2016 10:27:06 AMThe highest continuous flow setting on the DeVilbiss 5L is five liters per minute. There are other options available that will go higher for continuous flow.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 3, 2017 2:27:00 PMI see 300W but at what voltage? 110 AC?Question by: dennis on Jun 20, 2017 7:59:00 PM115 is the voltage, according to the manufacturer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 21, 2017 8:52:00 AMI see 300W but at what voltage? 110 AC? o 220 AC?Question by: natacha lovera on Sep 19, 2017 5:24:00 PMOur listed wattage is 310 with the voltage at 120 VAC.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Dec 11, 2017 7:27:00 AMDoes the ins cover any of the expense on the buying the machineQuestion by: Carol Burns on Nov 7, 2017 2:02:00 PMIn an effort to keep our prices low, we do not bill Medicare or insurance companies. Feel free to contact your local insurance company for information about reimbursement.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Feb 21, 2018 8:30:00 AMWhat is the maximum altitude that the 525DS-Q can be used at?Question by: Michael Moore on Mar 10, 2017 2:13:00 PMThe 525DS-Q works at altitudes between 0-13,123 feet above sea level.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 3, 2018 10:11:00 AMWhat is the maximum altitude where the DeVilbiss 525DS. I need something that will function at 9,000 feet. If this model will not work, what models do you have that will work at 9,000.
Thank youQuestion by: Kevin Mason on Jun 4, 2017 5:40:00 AMThe Devilbiss 525DS will operate at a maximum height of 13,123 feet above sea level.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 6, 2017 10:33:00 AMThe advertisement I clicked on said price was $490.00, but this description says $599.00. So which is it?
Question by: Laeighta on Jul 24, 2017 5:28:00 AMWe offer several discounts on items such as this one through an advertisement or by email. For the best possible price, please contact customer care at 800-397-5899.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 24, 2017 11:13:00 AMWill this unit support a 50' tubing line?Question by: Paula on Jun 28, 2017 9:54:00 PMThis item is able to work with 50 foot tubing.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 29, 2017 12:13:00 PMDo I need a Medical prescription? How do I send the prescription to you?Question by: HUMBERTO ROMO on Mar 15, 2017 4:54:00 PMThis item does require a prescription before ordering. It can be either faxed or emailed to us; our fax number is 888-383-7335. You can email your prescription to [email protected]Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 15, 2017 8:41:00 AMWhen traveling for a weekend trip this unit does not fit in our trunk and we have to put it in the back seat. Can the unit be laid flat or on its side to fit in trunk?Question by: Kathy Frommeyer on Jul 4, 2017 9:48:00 AMThe unit can be shifted around to fit any space necessary, so long it's not being used during travel. Usage requires the item remain in an upright position.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 5, 2017 9:11:00 AMDo you have bundles with both stationary & travel units?
Question by: joy on Jul 15, 2016 2:17:00 PMPlease contact customer service for this question. 800-397-5899Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Nov 2, 2016 4:25:00 PMHow is the unit powered?Question by: Rosita Hyland on May 1, 2016 6:48:42 PMThere is a power cord attached to the machine that will allow you to plug the machine into an outlet.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 26, 2016 2:46:00 PMWill this product work with the CPAP masks that selling on this website? thanksQuestion by: terry on Jun 5, 2016 7:55:03 AMOxygen Concentrators are able to be used with a CPAP mask. You'll need to run through a list of instructions for the proper connection; however.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 5, 2016 3:10:00 PM
1. In addition to the expected white noise hum of the motor, there's a noise every 4-5 seconds that sounds kind of like something hard is being hit with a pick. I asked, but have had no response to the question if this is normal. To sleep with it (the point in my case), I'll need to drown out that noise somehow.
2. The cabinet was not assembled properly and plastic parts that should be inside are outside. The directions say don't open the cabinet under any circumstances. Again, I've had no response or acknowledgement of my email on these matters, sent to two different (apparently correct) addresses 5 days ago.
- it seems to deliver oxygen as advertised
- noise, shabby construction
It's not that quiet. I still here the thump of the pump and the constant drone of the machine running. My old rental unit was quieter.
- Quite efficient