Other Carex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
What is the Carex Original Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack?
The Original Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack is a dual purpose hot and cold therapy wrap for bodily pain relief. This item's intended purpose is to alleviate both muscle aches and chronic pain. This Original Bed Buddy neck wrap and back wrap can be heated up in the microwave with water for moist heat therapy or placed in the freezer for cold therapy. This hot and cold therapy wrap can be used on the neck, low back, or anywhere else that requires tension relief. It is filled with buckwheat, which makes it supple and form-fitting. The Original Bed Buddy Pack easily conforms to the body wherever it is placed for user ease and comfort.
The Bed Buddy comes in both scented and unscented options. The white colored pack comes scent-free, while the Bliss Pink version comes with a relaxing lavender, cherry blossom, and rose mix. The Balance Orange wrap comes embedded with vanilla, coconut, almond, and nutmeg. Finally, the Fresh Green includes a refreshing blend of eucalyptus, lemongrass, and rosemary. All fragrances are derived from 100% natural sources, such as herbs, flowers, and grains.
The Original Bed Buddy is both safe and easy to use for simple and quick pain relief. It is also an environmentally-friendly, reusable option. Since this item is not disposable, users don't have to worry about continually repurchasing single use hot and cold packs.
Carex provides many options. Customers interested in the Original Bed Buddy Pack may also be interested in the adjustable Bed Buddy Moist Heat Therapy Back Wrap. This item features a handy securing strap so the wrap doesn't slide around or fall off the user.
100% Natural Herbal Fragrance Options
- White: Fragrance Free
- Bliss Pink: Lavender, Cherry Blossom, Rose
- Fresh Green: Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Rosemary
- Balance Orange: Vanilla, Coconut, Almond, Nutmeg
Product Features and Benefits
- Microwavable Pain Relief Wrap
- Alleviates Muscle Aches and Chronic Pain
- Hot and Cold Therapy Options
- Doctor Recommended Moist Heat
- Fragrance-Free and Fragranced Alternatives Available
- Four Fragrance Selections from Natural Herbs, Grains, and Flowers
- Supple and Body-Conforming
- Easy to Use
- Safe to Use (Use as Directed)
How Does this Product Help with Pain Management?
Moist Heat Therapy
Heat therapy created by treatment devices such as The Original Bed Buddy heat pad dilates the blood vessels and increases blood flow to the area that is being treated. This in turn carries nutrients to those parts of the body to quicken healing and allows muscles to relax. Heat therapy is typically the best choice for chronic Muscle and Joint Pain Relief.Moist heat therapy, specifically, is recommended by doctors as it is more effective than dry heat therapy. This type of heat therapy has been shown to increase blood flow and help heal injuries in addition to relieving pain. Moist heat has the additional benefit of working faster. Dry heat may take up to eight hours to create the same effects that moist heat therapy has in just two hours.
Heat therapy is typically the best option for the following conditions:
- Chronic Muscle Pain
- Chronic Joint Pain
- Stiff Joints
Cold therapy, such as that provided by the Carex Bed Buddy, helps decrease blood flow, reduce inflammation, and numb the affected area. It is often the best choice for recent injuries, particularly in the first 48 hours. Cold therapy helps decrease swelling around injuries, such as sprains.
Cold therapy is typically the best option for the following conditions:
Note: Avoid cold therapy if you have a nerve disorder that affects proper blood-flow. Avoid applying cold therapy to open wounds and areas that may cramp.
How to Use this Product
Note: 1/4 cup of water is REQUIRED for microwaving this heat wrap. Always microwave this item on a clean, microwave-safe dish.
Moist Heat Therapy
- Step 1: Fold pack in half and place it on a microwave-safe dish.
- Step 2: Fill a microwave safe dish with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Step 3: Place heat wrap on the microwave-safe dish in the microwave.
- Step 4: Place 1/4 of water in the microwave.
- Step 5: Microwave heat pack. Use the chart below to determine microwave time.
- Step 6: If the heat pad needs to be reheated, you can reheat it for 15 seconds at a time to maintain its temperature. Do not reheat the wrap more than once every 10 minutes.
- Step 7: Test the temperature of the product on your wrist before application. If it is too hot, wait until it is a comfortable temperature.
- Step 8: Apply the microwave heat pack to the affected area for no more than fifteen to twenty minutes unless otherwise advised by a healthcare professional. If you would like to reheat this item, allow it to return to room temperature first. If you experience any discomfort, discontinue using the product.
- Step 9: If you plan on using the Orignal Bed Buddy heat pad for moist heat therapy again, store it at room temperature. If you would like to try cold therapy next use, store it in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer.
- Step 1: Put the Carex Bed Buddy therapy wrap inside a sealed plastic bag.
- Step 2: Place the plastic bag inside the freezer and leave to chill for at least 8 hours.
- Step 3: Test the wrap's temperature on your wrist before use. If it is too cold, wait until it is a comfortable temperature.
- Step 4: Apply the product to the affected area for no more than fifteen to twenty minutes. If you would like to reapply the wrap, put it back in the freezer and wait an hour. If you experience any discomfort, discontinue using the product.
- Step 5: Refreeze the item for future cold therapy use or keep at room temperature for future heat therapy.
- Wipe with a damp cloth to spot clean it.
- If the product leaks or swells, gets soiled by something that could lead to overheating, or attains a burnt popcorn smell, discard it.
- Never immerse in water or liquid solutions.
- Sunmark Arthritis Pain Relief Caplets: 650 mg Acetaminophen-based painkillers.
- Go Work Insoles by Superfeet: Insoles that help alleviate heel, arch, and lower back pain.
- Lower Back Decompression Belt by Dr. Ho Now: Applies both traction and compression to the low-back for low-back stability and pain relief.
- Muscle and Joint Relief Gel by New World Imports: A quick-release, menthol-based muscle and joint ache relief gel.
- TENs + EMS Back Pain Relief System by Dr. Ho Now: An EMS and TENs combination system for back pain, muscle soreness, and headache relief.
- Will the Original Bed Buddy microwave heat pack get my shirt wet if I want to use it over my clothing?
Yes, there is a chance your clothing may get slightly damp if you use this product over your clothing instead of under it.
- What type of grain is used in The Orignal Bed Buddy heat pad?
The grain used in this item is buckwheat.
- Can I wash this product?
Do not submerge this product in water. However, you may wipe it down with a damp towel to clean it.
- Can I sleep with the Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack?
Yes, it is safe to sleep with this hot and cold wrap.
- Is this item returnable?
Due to hygiene-related issues, this item is non-returnable.
- Manufacturer: Carex
- Brand: Bed Buddy
- Item Number: BBF1998-12, BBF1994-03, BBF1995-03, BBF1996-03
- Application: Hot and Cold Therapy
- Conditions: Pain Relief
- Colors: White, Pink, Green, Orange
- White Scent: Unscented
- Fresh Green Scent: Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Rosemary
- Bliss Pink Scent: Lavender, Cherry Blossom, Rose
- Balance Orange Scent: Vanilla, Conconut, Almond, Nutmeg
- Reusable: Yes
- Height: 1 Inch
- Width: 23 Inch
- Depth: 4.25 Inch
- Product Weight: 2 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 2.21 lbs
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
Bed Buddy Hot & Cold Wrap Product Video (0:57 minutes)
- Additional Information