Other Tegaderm product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Tegaderm 1626W Transparent Film Dressing 4 x 4-3/4, by 3M, is a transparent film dressing shaped like a rectangle. This dressing is designed for various uses including, which will help secure IVs, to reduce movement that can cause problems. It also helps with wound healing by keeping skin from breaking down. This is possible because the dressing is breathable. It allows oxygen in while moisture vapor and carbon dioxide exit. Although it is breathable it is waterproof and prevents fluids as well as viruses and bacteria from entering the site. This selective barrier helps keep the skin safe and infection-free. In addition, this film dressing utilizes Tegaderm's unique and intuitive frame delivery system. The frame delivery system is so intuitive, patients can easily apply it to themselves if needed. Another feature is that the adhesive is latex-free and hypoallergenic.
The transparency of the dressing makes monitoring the wound easier and does not require changing the dressing to do so. This promotes longer periods of time between dressing changes, and promotes fewer changes. The longer the dressing stays undisturbed, the more efficient the healing process can be. It also reduces chances of contaminants getting to the wound.
The Tegaderm 1626W IV dressing provides a sterile barrier to external contaminants, including viruses, bacteria and liquids. It also provides a waterproof barrier and offers a 7 day wear time. 3M manufactures other Tegaderm IV Dressings with Border, including Tegaderm 1633, 3M 1635 Dressing and 1655 Oval I.V. Dressing.
Features and Benefits
- Transparency Promotes Easy Monitoring of Wound or IV Site
- Selective Barrier Promotes Healing While Preventing Infection
- Various Uses Include IV Securement and Wound Dressing
- Frame Delivery System Makes Application Easy
- Product Number: 1626W.
- Width: 4 Inch.
- Length: 4.75 Inch.
- Shape: Rectangle.
- Color: Transparent.
- Application: CVC or PICC dressing.
- HCPCS: A6258.
- Manufacturer: 3M.
- Brand: Tegaderm.
Manuals and Documents
- Tegaderm Full Line of IV Dressings contains a chart of the sizes and profiles of these transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm Application Guide displays a profile for each IV dressing and its corresponding item number.
- Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Application and Removal Guide provides step-by-step instructions for properly applying transparent dressings.
- 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings FAQ's for IV applications.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI have fragile skin. A few days ago I ripped the area below my elbow. I went to Patient Care and stera strips were put on. A day later I cleaned the area as directed and put on another bandage. It was very uncomfortable. I remembered I had some 3M tegaderm bandages large enough to cover the area. ( The tegaderm is about 7 years old but still looks ok. ) Will it be safe to use?Question by: Eleanor Bunker on Sep 1, 2016 9:31:36 PMWe do not employ any medical professionals and therefore cannot answer any specific questions regarding this item. It's best in this case to contact your physician for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Nov 29, 2016 10:22:00 AM
Based on your history