Other Tegaderm product(s)
Tegaderm 1616 IV Oval Dressing with Border is a transparent film dressing with a medium size coverage area of 4 x 4-3/4 Inch. This I.V. dressing is designed with a thin film backing and a non-stick area around the catheter site. The transparency offers observation of the IV insertion site by caregivers to monitor and reduce the frequency of dressing changes. Less dressing changes provide patients with less trauma and more comfort. Manufactured by 3M, the Telgaderm 1616 dressing has a non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive border to secure it to the IV site. This oval IV dressing stabilizes the catheter to the body to minimize catheter movement and prevent dislodgement.
The Tegaderm 1616 IV dressing provides a sterile barrier to external contaminants, including viruses, bacteria and liquids. It also provides a waterproof barrier and offers a 7 day wear time. 3M manufactures other Tegaderm IV Dressings with Border, including Tegaderm 1633, 3M 1635 Dressing and 1655 Oval I.V. Dressing.
Features & Benefits
- Dressing flexes with the skin for greater patient comfort.
- Transparent to allow observation of the catheter site.
- Conforms with the curves of the body.
- Sterile tape strips enhance securing of catheters or IV's.
- Notch design provides for a better seal around the catheter.
- Reinforced notches reduce mechanical stress from heavy catheters.
- Reinforced with a soft cloth fabric, designed to reduce edge lift and increase patient comfort.
- Semi-occlusive and waterproof to protect against external contaminants.
- Semi-permeable allow exchage of moisture vapor, oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Unique transparent “picture-frame” allows precise and secure placement.
- Minimizes application time.
- Protects the puncture site.
- Gentle adhesive.
- Product Number: 1616.
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.75 Inch.
- Shape: Oval.
- Color: Transparent.
- Application: I.V. Dressing.
- Material: Silicone coated paper liner, polyethylene-cellulose silicone carrier liner, acylate polymer, urethane polymer, polyester backing, rayon backing, polyethylene film.
- Transparent film contained by 2 paper liners.
- Solubility in water: Nil.
- Fire hazard: No.
- Manufacturer: 3M.
- Brand: Tegaderm IV with Border.
- UNSPSC Code: 42311505.
- HCPCS Code: A6257.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3M Sub Brand Tegaderm
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents
- Tegaderm Full Line of IV Dressings contains a chart of the sizes and profiles of these transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm Application Guide displays a profile for each IV dressing and its corresponding item number.
- Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Application and Removal Guide provides step-by-step instructions for properly applying transparent dressings.
- 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings FAQ's for IV applications.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!