Cidex is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson for disinfecting in hospitals and as a surgical instrument sterilization solution for Patient Care. Cidex is a fast and effective way to Disinfect and Sterilize a wide variety of medical devices and instruments. Cidex Disinfectant comes in three options to meet individual sterilization needs: Cidex Plus 28-Day Activated Dialdehyde Disinfectant, Cidex 14-Day Alkaline Glutaraldehyde for Non Corrosive Disinfecting, Cidex OPA for Instrument Reprocessing. A brief summary of each Cidex Disinfectant option is provided below:
- Cidex Plus 28-Day is a 3.4% glutaraldehyde solution. Cidex Plus is a high-level microbicidal disinfectant destroying harmful microorganisms within 20 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius.
- Cidex 14-Day uses a 2.4% alkaline glutaraldehyde solution to destroys 99.8% of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in 45 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius.
- Cidex OPA uses a ortho-phthalaldehyde solution. Cidex OPA is compatible with a wide range of medical devices. Requiring no activation or mixing, Cidex OPA destroys Mycobacteruim tuberculosis in 12 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex is one of the most popular Hospital Grade Disinfectant on the market. Cidex rapidly disinfects surgical tools and other medical instruments. Cidex can stay active for 14 days (Cidex 14-Day) or 28 days (Cidex Plus). OPA Cidex has an open-bottle shelf-life of 75 days. Cidex has a broad kill spectrum and is effective and safe for a wide variety of medical instruments and devices, including endoscopes.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex Features and Benefits
- Fast acting & reliable disinfectants.
- 14 to 75 day reuse life.
- High level of disinfection within minutes.
- Non-corrosive options - Cidex 14-Day Solution and Cidex 28-Day Solution.
- Cidex OPA Solution can be used straight from the bottle for extra efficiency.
- Cidex OPA requires no activation or mixing.
- Cidex Plus 28 Day Solution works quickly to disinfect metal and plastic devices as well as elastomers.
- Destroys all vegetative forms of bacteria.
- Ideal for physicians offices, dentists, hospitals and clinics.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex Micro Organism Effectiveness
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Mycobacterium bovis
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- Poliovirus Type 1
- Rhinovirus Type 42
- Adenovirus Type 2
- Vaccinia (Wyeth)
- Coxsackievirus Type B-3
- Influenza Virus [Hong Kong]
- Herpes Simplex Types 1 and 2