Customers Also Bought
What Comes in the Box?
Zen-O™ Oxygen Concentrator Standard Components
- Zen-O Unit
- AC Power Supply
- DC Power Supply
- Zen-O Carry Bag
- Pull Cart
- User Manual
- 3 Year or 15,000 Hour Warranty
- 1 Year Battery Warranty
Zen-O Portable Oxygen Concentrator - (Product Number: RS-00502-G-S)
Zen-O Portable Concentrator offers both continuous and pulse flow for oxygen therapy patients. The Zen-O offers 2 liters per minute (LPM), meeting the oxygen demands for most patients. The Zen-O is designed for respiratory disorders such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), providing oxygen on demand for patients both at home or on the go. Its lightweight structure and small size make it easy to bring with you in its carry-bag or pull cart that comes standard with your order.
Zen-O Portable Oxygen Concentrator offers greater operational efficiency than many of the competing devices on the market. The maximum outlet pressure is 20.5 psi, able to push oxygen through extended tubing. Zen-O concentration levels range from 87 to 96 percent. Noise emission is at 42 decibels (ISO 3744 standard).
The AC power adapter functions using from 100 to 240 volts on 50 to 60 Hz systems. The DC power adapter provides for use in automobiles, boats and RV’s. A 12-cell battery will power the Zen-O for 4 hours with 2 LPM of oxygen at 18 breaths per minute (BPM) while in pulse flow mode. Add a battery, and the Zen-O will allow you to operate away from home for up to 8 hours.
The Zen-O Oxygen Concentrator is manufactured by GCE with easy to replace sieve beds that can be exchanged using simple tools in under 5 minutes. The replaceable sieve beds can save you hundreds of dollars over other brands. Zen-O™ uses advanced technology in its construction to adjust the amount of oxygen delivered according to a patient’s breath rate. When the patient needs more oxygen, the Zen-O machine automatically responds by increasing the O2 output.
Description of Zen-O Components
- Zen-O Portable Oxygen Concentrator weighs less than 9 pounds and offers continuous or pulse flow.
- AC power adapter is adjustable to a range of 100 to 240 volts and 50 to 60 Hz.
- DC power adapter powers your machine while in a car, RV, or boat.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery has 12-cells, providing a 4-hour duration.
- Carry bag is attractive and provides a protective cover, allowing you to carry as a shoulder bag or mount in the cart.
- Cart is small, lightweight, and easy to maneuver through crowded areas.
- User manual provides instruction for setup and operation.
Compare the Zen-O Product Bundles
Zen-O with One 12-Cell Battery
- Cart Weight: 14.96 lbs. (unit, battery, carry case, and cart)
- Carry Weight: 10.73 lbs. (unit, battery, and carry case)
- Battery Duration: 4 hours (fully charged batteries at pulse flow setting 2)
- Battery Recharge Time: 3 to 4.5 hours
Zen-O with Two 12-Cell Batteries
- Cart Weight: 16.41 lbs. (unit, two batteries, carry case, and cart)
- Carry Weight: 12.18 lbs. (unit, two batteries, and carry case)
- Battery Duration: 8 hours (fully charged batteries at pulse flow setting 2)
- Battery Recharge Time: 3 to 4.5 hours
Features and Benefits
- Zen-O Dual-mode operation with up to 2 liters of oxygen in pulse or continuous flow.
- Easy to use LCD panel.
- Global support with locations in Latin America, China, Europe, Africa, and North America with replacement parts and accessories.
- Field replaceable sieve bed in under 5 minutes using simple tools.
- Audible and visual alarms prompt the user of necessary action, including low battery, service required, and no breath detected.
- Durable machine with rugged construction.
- Reliable with a 3-year warranty.
- Supports 13 different languages—English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Turkish, and Czech.
Size and Weight
- Width: 8.3 Inch
- Height: 12.3 Inch
- Depth: 6.6 Inch
- Weight: 8.8 Pounds.
- Battery Weight: 1.45 Pounds
- Carry Bag Weight: 0.48 Pounds
- Cart Weight: 2.78 Pounds
- O2 Output (maximum): 2 LPM Continuous Flow and 22 mL Pulse Flow at 20 BPM
- O2 Concentration Levels: 87 to 96%
- Maximum Outlet Pressure: 20.5 PSI
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 9,000 Feet Above Sea Level
- Noise: 42 dBA at Setting 2
How to Operate
- Average Power Consumption
- Power Consumption Continuous Flow at Setting 2: 133 Watts and 140 Watts While Charging
- Power Consumption Pulse Flow at Setting 2: 25 Watts and 70 Watts While Charging
- AC Input 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- AC Output: 24 VDC, 6.25 A
- DC Adapter Input: 11.5 -16 VDC
- DC Output: 19 VDC, 7.9 A
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 12 Cell
- Battery Duration Pulse Flow: 4 Hours at Setting 2
- Battery Duration Continuous Flow: 0.75 Hours at Setting 2
- Battery Recharge Time While In Use Pulse Flow: 3 Hours
- Battery Recharge Time While In Use Continuous Flow: 3 to 4.5 Hours
- Alarms: Low Oxygen Purity, No Breath Detected, Low Battery, Service Required
- FAA Approved
Manufacturing and Dependability
- Product Numbers: RS-00502-G-S, RS-00502-G-D
- Manufacturer: GCE
- Brand: Zen-O
- Made in the United Kingdom
- HCPCS Code: E1390
- Warranty: 3 Years or 15,000 Hours
- Battery Warranty: 1 Year
- Medical Grade Product - Requires a Physician's Prescription for Purchase
Product Use and Design
The design of this portable oxygen concentrator is to provide supplemental oxygen to O2 patients or who have chronic pulmonary disease. Use the concentrator only for adult oxygen therapy. This device treats oxygen patients at home in accordance with a clinician’s prescription or instructions. This concentrator is non-sterile. It is a prescription-only device designed for indoor and outdoor use.
- Do not use this O2 machine to serve as life support or for life-sustaining.
- Do not use in an operating room or surgical environment.
- Do not use with infants or children.
- Do not use in conjunction with flammable materials or flammable anesthetic.
- Disassembly can create an electric shock hazard and will void the warranty.
- Do not disassemble or modify the Zen-O device or any of its accessories.
- Do not attempt any maintenance other than the tasks described in the User Manual.
- Open flames during oxygen therapy are dangerous and are likely to result in fire or death.
- Do not allow open flames within 2 meters of the Zen-O oxygen machine or any oxygen-carrying accessory.
- Oxygen makes it easier for a fire to start and spread.
- Do not leave the nasal cannula on bed coverings or chair cushions with the unit on, but not in use; the oxygen will make the materials flammable. Turn the unit off when not in use to prevent oxygen enrichment.
- Critical! Explosion hazard. Do not use in the presence of flammable anesthetics!
- Do not use this device in the presence of pollutants or fumes.
- Do not submerge this device in liquid. Do not expose to water or precipitation.
- Do not expose to dusty conditions.
- Do not use a device or any accessory that shows any sign of damage.
- Do not use lubricants on this device or any of its accessories.
- Keep away from heat sources (fireplaces, radiant heaters, etc.) that could cause the operating temperature at or near the device to exceed 40°C (104°F).
- Keep away from lint or other loose material that could block the intake vents.
- Do not use the Zen-O device while sleeping unless prescribed by your clinician.
Product Safety Instructions
- The device must be used in the carry bag to protect from liquid intrusion from rain or spills.
- There is a risk of fire associated with oxygen equipment and therapy. Do not use near sparks or open flames.
- The settings of Zen-O™ Portable Oxygen Concentrator RS-00500 might not correspond with continuous flow oxygen.
- Wind or strong drafts can adversely affect accurate delivery of oxygen therapy. 6. Geriatrics or any other patient unable to communicate discomfort can require additional monitoring to avoid harm.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) during oxygen therapy is dangerous and is likely to result in facial burns, serious injury, or death of the patient and others from fire.
- Do not allow smoking or open flames within the same room as the portable oxygen machine or any oxygen-carrying accessories.
- Use only water-based lotions that are oxygen compatible, before and during oxygen therapy. Never use petroleum or oil-based creams or salves when operating the device to avoid the risk of fire and burns.
- Use of this device at an altitude above 2,700 m (9,000 feet), or outside the temperature range of 5°C (41°F) to 40°C (104°F), or outside the humidity range of 5% to 93% may adversely affect the flowrate and percentage of oxygen and consequently the quality of therapy.
- When not in use, store the device in a clean, dry environment between -20°C and 60°C (-4°F and 140°F). Use or storage outside of the valid conditions may damage the product.
- Install at least one battery before using this device.
- If feeling ill or experiencing discomfort while using this device, contact your clinician or seek medical assistance immediately to avoid harm.
- Your home oxygen provider must verify the compatibility of the device and all accessories before use.
- Ensure the oxygen flow setting is set correctly to the physician prescribed setting before each use.
- The electrical cord and tubing could present a tripping or strangulation hazard. Keep away from children and pets.
- Contact your distributor for servicing by authorized personnel.
- Use only spare parts recommended by the manufacturer to ensure proper function and to avoid the risk of fire and burns.
- The display may be difficult to read under bright lighting conditions (sunlight, interior lights, etc.). Move away from direct sun for viewing the screen.
- Non-prescribed oxygen therapy can be hazardous under certain circumstances. Use this device only when prescribed by a clinician.
- Patients with a fast breathing rate requiring a higher oxygen setting may require more oxygen than this device can produce.
- Technical Description. This device may not be appropriate in that case. Consult your clinician for alternative treatment.
- Always operate the device at the setting prescribed by a clinician. Do not alter the setting unless prescribed. Your physician should periodically reassess your flow settings.
- Have an alternate source of oxygen available in the event of a power outage or mechanical failure. Consult your home oxygen provider or clinician for an appropriate backup system.
- This device may not reach specified oxygen concentration purity until it has been in use for up to 2 minutes at set flowrate.
- This device is designed for use by one patient at a time.
- If you are unable to hear or see alarms, do not have normal tactile sensitivity, or cannot communicate discomfort, consult a clinician before using this device.
- If oxygen concentration drops below the specified level, an alarm will indicate this condition. If the alarm persists, stop using this device, switch to an alternate source of oxygen, and contact your home oxygen provider.
- Only use approved accessories and cannula with this device. See approved accessories list in the User Manual. Using unapproved accessories or cannula may impair the performance of this device.
- This device is not suitable for use with a humidifier or nebulizer. Using a humidifier or nebulizer with this device may diminish performance and may damage the concentrator.
- Always follow cannula manufacturer’s instructions for proper use.
- Replace the cannula on a regular basis. Replace the cannula as often as specified by your home oxygen provider or clinician.
- Check that this device operates on the battery after disconnecting from the power source.
- Only charge the battery in this device or an approved charger. (See approved accessories list.)
- Remove the battery if the device will not be in use for more than seven days. Store the battery in a cool, dry place.
- Do not use cleaning agents other than those specified in this manual. Allow the cleaning solution to dry from the cleaned surface before use.
- Always turn off this device when not in use.
- Always disconnect power and turn off this device before cleaning.
- Do not obstruct air intake or exhaust vents when operating this device. Blockage can cause a buildup of internal heat and shut down or damage this device.
- Do not place objects on top of this device.
- Keep away from children and pets to prevent damage to the device and accessories or inadvertent setting changes.
- Keep the device away from pets and pests.
- This device is rated IP22 while used in the carry bag. Do not use in dusty or wet conditions.
- Always use in a well-ventilated location.
- Always follow the maintenance schedule as specified in Chapter 10.1. Routine Maintenance.
- If this device indicates an abnormal condition, see User Manual, Troubleshooting.
- Use caution when touching this device in high ambient temperatures.
- Re-use of this device by a new patient is Okay. See the User Manual for cleaning and preparing the equipment. Also, check local laws and prescriptions before delivering to a new patient.
- If an extension cord is necessary, use a UL listed 15 amp or higher cord. Do not connect any other devices on the same extension.
- Do not use a multi-socket extension cord.
- Inhale through the nose for the Zen-O concentrator to work most effectively. Inhaling through the mouth may result in less effective oxygen therapy.
- The Zen-O unit can operate in either continuous flow or pulse flow. Your clinician will provide you with specific instructions for these two modes of operation.
Vitality Medical - A Better Place to Buy
Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist - Trained specialist are available to answer your questions about any of these oxygen therapy devices. A certified specialist can help you determine which options can best meet your needs. Call toll-free to 800-397-5899.
Rental Program - rent a lightweight portable concentrator for your next vacation. Several models are 24/7 oxygen machines. We rent by the week with no limitation on the number of weeks. Also, our rental program allows you the opportunity to try before you buy! Call today for details at 800-397-5899.
Vitality Medical Buy Back Program - If you are not 100% satisfied with the machine you purchase; Vitality Medical will buy it back and help you determine a better fit.
Loaner Program - If your device requires a repair or service by a professional technician during the warranty period, Vitality Medical will provide a loaner for you to use during the repair period.
Easy Warranty Processing - If something goes wrong with your device while it is under warranty, give us a call on our toll-free number 800-397-5899 to set up your repair. Remember, Vitality Medical offers a free loaner during repairs. Note: warranty processing is only for concentrators purchased from Vitality Medical.
Concentrator Rankings and Comparison Charts - If you would like to see a list of the top-ranking concentrators, reviews, rankings, and side-by-side comparisons, visit the links to our comparison studies below for detailed information.
- O2 Concentrator Comparison Chart includes the top-ranking brands on the market with a side-by-side comparison chart.
- Ranking Pulse Flow Oxygen Concentrators provides reviews and detailed comparison charts.
- Ranking Continuous Flow Machines offers a detailed review and comparison of each model currently on the market.
- Continuous Flow Macines displays prices, product descriptions and specifications.
- What Is Pulse Dose Oxygen? This article defines pulse dose oxygen and provides a useful shopper's guide for concentrators.
List of Accessories
Only use power supplies/adapters or accessories specified in the Zen-p User Manual. Using accessories that are not specified may create a hazard or negatively affect the performance of the device. Click the following link to purchase GCE OEM Accessories and Replacement Parts.
- Rechargeable battery (RS-00501)
- AC power supply, North America cord (RS-00522)
- DC power supply (RS-00508)
- Carry bag (RS-00509)
- Pull cart (RS-00507)
- North America power cord (RS-00503)
- External battery charger, US (RS-00515)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer GCE Group Ships Free Yes Oxygen Flow Continuous Flow, Pulse Flow
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents
- GCE Zen-O Flyer discusses the features and benefits.
- Zeno-O Brochure contains specifications, components and features.
- RS-00502-G-S Zen-O User Manual offers detailed info for users.
- Zen-O Technical Manual covers set up, operation, maintenance, and service schedule.
- Troubleshooting Guide has corrections for common problems and alarms.
- GCE Group News Release for US distribution.
- Community Q&A