Customers Also Bought
The VenaFlow Elite Calf Cuffs are calf cuffs designed to work with the VenaFlow Elite System compress the legs to help prevent deep vein thrombosis, also known as DVT, (blood clots that form in the leg veins). Preventing blood clots can be lifesaving. These calf cuffs use a combination of graduated sequential compression and rapid inflation compression techniques. The VenaFlow Elite Calf Cuffs rapidly and intermittently inflate and deflate with a to create on-and-off pressure on the calves. This system helps increase blood flow to the legs by instigating and mimicking the body’s natural blood flow patterns, particularly those that occur while walking. This can be especially helpful for those who are bedridden. VenaFlow Elite calf cuffs are made from a soft, flexible, and breathable fabric, so users can be ensured that they will remain comfortable as they use their calf cuffs. These DVT sleeves are lightweight and easy to carry for travel.
Several types of VenaFlow Elite Calf Cuffs are available. This diverse array of cuffs include standard (19-inch circumference), extra-large (22-inch circumference), and bariatric (30-inch circumference) sizes of calf cuffs. In addition, there is a 29-inch circumference cuff that covers and compresses both the calf and the thigh. The standard and extra-large cuffs also come in a sterile version to further ensure patient health and safety. The standard VenaFlow Elite calf cuff also comes in an affordable, padded foam version. The standard, extra-large, bariatric, foam, calf cuffs, and thigh calf cuffs are sold in pairs, while the sterile calf cuffs are sold individually.
Conveniently, the VenaFlow Elite automatically detects the attached cuff and adjusts pressure accordingly, so users don’t need to worry about adjustment knobs when they attach or change their VenaFlow Elite calf cuffs. Because all of the calf cuffs easily pair with just one machine, customization is a simple process that reduces waste and cost.
What Other Actions Can I Take Against DVT?
As suggested by WebMD, patients with DVT should talk to their doctors about anticoagulant or blood thinner prescriptions. This type of drug can help prevent blood clots from increasing in size. These are typically given initially as a shot by a doctor and then are taken as pills (typically for about three months).
Another great option is compression stockings, such as these DJ Orthopedics compression stockings. These stalkings may reduce swelling, help their wearers with pain relief, and prevent future blood clots from forming. Compression stockings come in varying types and fits and with varying levels of pressure, so users may want to look at our full selection of Compression Stockings before making their selection.
Checking your blood pressure regularly (at least once per year) is an important preventative measure against the development DVT. In addition, losing weight and quitting smoking can help prevent blood clots and prevent them from advancing. If you have to sit for long periods, be sure to stand and walk around whenever possible. Flexing your legs and ankles can also be helpful. Exercise, especially consistent exercise, is a great remedy for DVT.
SourcesBeckerman, J. (2018, July 30). DVT Prevention & Home Care: How To Prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis. Retrieved May 11, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/dvt/deep-vein-thrombosis-prevent-dvt#1 Pichardo, G. (2020, January 26). What You Can Do About DVT. Retrieved May 11, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/dvt/what-to-do-treat-dvt#1
Features and Benefits
- Compatible with the VenaFlow Elite System
- Designed to Prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Intermittently and Rapidly Inflat and Deflate
- Increase Blood Flow
- Made from Flexible, Breathable, Soft fabric
- Several Sizes Available
- Calf and Thigh Version Available
- Sterile Versions Available in Standard and XL Sizes
- Standard Size Available in Foam Version
- All Cuffs Pair with One Machine and Can Be Exchanged
- VenaFlow Elite Automatically Detects the Attached Cuff
- Manufacturer: DJ Orthopedics
- Brand: Aircast
- Item Numbers: 3040, 3041, 3042, 3043, 3044, 3045, 3050
- Indication: Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Contraindications: Known or Suspected DVT, Pulmonary Edema, Thrombophlebitis, Severe Arteriosclerosis, Sever Congestive Heart Failure, or an Active Infection
- Calf Cuff Length: 11.5 Inch
- Thigh Calf Cuff Length: 21 Inch
- Calf Cuff Circumference: 19 Inch
- Sterile Calf Cuff: 19 Inch
- Calf Cuff XL: 22 Inch
- Bariatric Calf Cuff: 30 Inch
- Sterile Calf Cuff XL: 22 Inch
- Foam Calf Cuff: 19 Inch
- Thigh Cuff: 29 Inch
- Color: Blue
VenaFlow Elite DVT Prevention Device (0:20 minutes)
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Pamphlet contains product information.
- Additional Information