Customers Also Bought
What is Tubigrip?
Tubigrip Tubular Bandage is a multi-purpose Tubular Bandage designed to provide tissue support in treating strains, sprains, soft tissue injuries, general edema, post-burn scarring, joint effusions, and ribcage injuries. Tubigrip is also used for pressure dressings and arm fixation. This tubular bandage is manufactured by Molnlycke, a leading manufacturer of wound care products, including Compression Dressings, Tubular Gauze and other medical supplies. Molnlycke Tubigrip is made from cotton with covered elastic threads laid into the fabric to form free-moving spirals. The fabric is available in two color options—natural and beige.
Tubigrip Elastic Tubular Bandages provide lasting, effective support with complete freedom of movement for the patient. Once the Tubigrip bandage has been applied, the fabric moves and adjusts to the contours of the body and distributes support evenly over the surface of the wrapped area. This stretch bandage is easy to use and quick to fit and stays securely in place without pins or tapes. Tubigrip support bandages can easily be reapplied after washing, without loss of effectiveness. Below is a helpful sizing chart matched to various parts of the body.
Always use a double layer and apply Tubigrip with a 2–3cm overlap. Tubular Bandage Applicators may be used to make application easier over bulky dressings or painful joints.
Product Features & Benefits
- Provides Comfortable, Effective Tissue Support
- Easy to Apply and Reapply
- Full Range of Sizes to Suit Any Application
- No Pins or Tapes Required
- Washable (Without Loss of Effectiveness)
- Choice of Two Colors for Patient Preference
- Product Numbers: 1434, 1435, 1436, 1437, 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443, 1446, 1448, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453, 1520, 1522, 1523, 1528.
- Width Options: 1.5 to 7 Inches
- Length Options: 1 or 10 Meters
- Bandage Sizes: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, K, L
- Body Sizes: Infant feet and arms to large trunks
- Materials: Viscose, Elastane and Polyamide
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- 3 Levels of Pressure Support
- Low Pressure: 5 to 10 mmHg
- Medium Pressure: 10 to 20 mmHg
- High Pressure: up to 30 mmHg
Tubigrip Sizing and Application Charts
Manuals and Documents
- Tubigrip Sizing & Application Guide is available to help you select the appropriate size and pressure for the condition being treated.
How to use Tubigrip™ Elasticated Tubular Bandage Video (2:02 minutes)
How to Apply Tubigrip to a Leg Video (2:28 minutes)
This video is designed to teach you how to correctly put on a Tubigrip. The Tubigrip can be placed on with a tight hose underneath, but nothing else should be underneath the Tubigrip. You'll notice that the pieces are marked with the correct leg and the correct leg portions. We're going to start with the thigh first. Pull the sleeve to the mid-thigh. Then roll the rest of the Tubigrip over the first layer until there is approximately one inch above the first layer. Be sure the sleeve fits from the tibial tubercle which is the bump right below the knee joint to the mid-thigh. Next, we'll place it on the lower leg portion which is marked with calf. Bring the first layer up to the tibial tubercle so that it is just overlapping the thigh Tubigrip. Then bring the second layer over so that it overlaps the first layer, approximately one inch. The fit should be from the base of the big toe to above the tibial tubercle. Lower leg Tubigrip should not extend above the knee.