Tubifast Tubular Retention Dressing, by Molnlycke, is a highly elastic material that is designed to slip over an arm or leg as a means of securing a wound dressing to the skin. This a multi-functional product is ideal for those who have persistent wounds and need long-term wound management.
The Tubifast is constructed with the 2-Way Stretch Construction where the woven elastic bands are placed radially and longitudinal for the most adaptive conformity for the varying contours of the body's extremities. Any part of the arm and leg can be secured simply by slipping the limb through and positioned around the proper area. This high-tech tubular bandage can also be used for patch wrapping and fitted for an under-cast stockinette.
This retention dressing holds wound dressing materials securely without compressing or constricting the skin. There is no need to supplement with tape, pins or ties. The material is manufactured from rayon and has very fine elastane threads knitted into the fabric to provide light elasticity. The light, open weave fabric allows air to circulate over the skin, helping to avoid skin maceration. Each size is indicated by color (see Specifications).
Tubifast Tubular Retention Dressing Features and Benefits
- The retention dressing will effectively secure most wound dressing to a arm or leg area.
- There is no need to use any other securing devices like tape or pins.
- It is made of a two way stretch system for the best body conformity.
- It can be used for patch wrapping and fitted for an under-cast stockinette.
- It will fit either arm or leg.
Tubifast Tubular Retention Dressing Specifications
- Product Number: 2434, 2436, 2438, 2440, 2444
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- 1.5 Inch x 11 yards: Red Line
- 2 Inch x 11 yards: Green Line
- 3 Inch x 11 yards: Blue Line
- 4.5 Inch x 11 yards: Yellow Line
- 8 Inch x 11 yards: Purple Line
- Material: Rayon and Elastane
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!