Other Theraworx product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Theraworx Relief Foam is an over-the-counter remedy that relieves and prevents muscle cramps and spasms. Tested clinically for effectiveness, Theraworx Relief relieves foot and leg cramps, Charlie Horses, cramps and spasms associated with Restless Leg Syndrome, and post-cramp muscle soreness. With daily use, Theraworx Relief has been scientifically proven to prevent muscle cramps. This application is easy to use for effective relief from leg muscle cramps.
Pharmacies are finding this product in high demand. Many people are finding this topical cramp formula brings relief and alleviates symptoms.
"Theraworx Relief Foam has been accelerating and is the fastest-growing SKU in external pain in the chain drug category, and Theraworx Relief Spray is also off to a strong start," he says. "Theraworx Relief is providing an incremental lift to the external pain/topical pain relief category in the drug channel. There has been a surge in patients and consumers approaching their pharmacist asking them to order Theraworx Relief."
"[M]illions of Americans suffer from daily episodes of muscle cramps and spasms in the legs and feet, and one in 10 adults suffer from symptoms associated with restless legs syndrome. "For our seniors who are affected by these two conditions, the prescription options are on the Beers List and generally not recommended.... Theraworx Relief offers a clinically proven, topical O-T-C solution that has not existed until now. Theraworx Relief can prevent or quickly relieve symptoms in affected patients."1
No Prescription Required
Theraworx Relief Foam is a non-prescription application that is finding broad use in hospitals, clinics, and homecare. It does not have a strong odor but provides a faint scent of green apples. It quickly dries on your skin. The formula is fast-absorbing, leaving behind no residue or mess.
This topical homeopathic solution appears to offer Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and patients a truly obtainable and beneficial option to treat NLC [Nocturnal Leg Cramps].2
Theraworx Relief's topical formula confines itself to local action. As a topical magnesium sulfate, it only affects the application area. There is no mess or strong odor, either. It also dries quickly and doesn't leave behind any residue.
This product is also available in a spray formula called Theraworks Relief Spray. Avadim manufactures both of these products. This company also manufactures a skin and wound cleanser formula called Theraworx Protect. Vitality Medical offers many Skin Cleansers and Wound Cleanser products for your consideration.
Theraworx Relief Foam Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Contains magnesium Sulfate (Magnesia Sulphurica) 6x (0.05%) HPUS. Purpose: Muscle Soreness Relief, The letters H.P.U.S indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the homeopathic pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Colloidal Silver, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Allantoin, Beta Glucan, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Lauryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG/PPG-4/12 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance).
Product Features & Benefits
- Fast relief for leg, foot and other muscle cramps
- Easy to use
- When used daily, it prevents new muscle cramps and spasms
- Reduces soreness after a cramp or spasm
- Non-toxic formula
- Locally acting application
- Total-body-safe Ingredients
- Targeted Muscle Cramp Relief
- Gentle Formula
- Clinically Tested
- Use Anywhere on the Body
- Apply as Often as Needed
- Light Green Apple Scent
- Provides Relief within Minutes
- Foaming Cream for Muscle Spasms
- Leg Cramp Cream Foam Application
- Absorbs Quickly and Leaves No Residue
- Product Numbers: TWR-08Z, TWRCD-44P
- Size: 7.1 oz
- Container: Bottle
- Application: Prevent muscle cramps; releases muscle tightness; reduces muscle soreness.
- Made in USA
- Patients with Muscle Cramps
- Muscle Tightness
- Muscle Soreness
- Muscle Spasms
- Charlie Horses
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- For external use only.
- When using this product avoid eye contact. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not store at temperatures above 120 degrees F.
- Use only as directed.
- Not for ingestion. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- If unintended effects occur, stop use and consult your doctor.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
This application is easy to use. It employs three simple steps for application. 1) Shake bottle and squirt into your hand, 2) rub on the affected area until absorbed, and 3) repeat.
- Shake well and apply 2-3 pumps onto the entire muscle area.
- Briskly rub in until absorbed. Allow formula to air-dry.
- Repeat as needed.
What are the ingredients in Theraworx Relief?
The active ingredient for this product is magnesium sulfate.
Magnesium is the fourth most abundant essential mineral in the body. It is distributed approximately one half in the bone and one half in the muscle and other soft tissues; less than one percent is in the blood.1 Studies estimate that 75 percent of Americans do not meet the recommended dietary allowance of magneisum, which has raised concern about the health effects of magnesium deficiency.
Magnesium is the second most abundant intracellular divalent cation and is a cofactor for more than 300 metabolic reactions in the body. These processes include protein synthesis, cellular energy production and storage, cell growth and reproduction, DNA and RNA synthesis, and stabilization of mitochondrial membranes.3
Other ingredients formulated for patients with all skin types—include: Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Colloidal Silver, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Allantoin, Beta Glucan, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Lauryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG/PPG-4/12 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance).
Who can use Theraworx Relief?
This product serves children from age 2-years to adults.
Does Theraworx Relief have an odor?
Theraworx Relief has a very light green-apple scent.
Does Theraworx Relief require a prescription?
No. Theraworx Relief is not a prescription drug and is available over-the-counter.
How long does it take for Theraworx Relief to work?
Participants in clinical trails noticed a significant reduction in the frequency of their leg and foot cramps within the first 2-weeks of daily use. The product also works quickly to release muscle tightness at the time of a cramp and most people feel relief within minutes.
Does the Theraworx Relief have a cold or hot sensation or work for Hot or Cold therapy?
No, this product does not have a heating or cooling sensation. Many products with a heating or cooling sensation just distract the nerves, whereas Theraworx Relief works with the body’s own natural functions to prevent muscle cramps and spasms, release muscle tightness at the time of a cramp or spasm, and even reduce muscle soreness after a cramp or spasm occurs.
Does insurance reimburse for Theraworx Relief?
Some insurance plans approve this product for reimbursement. Since every HSA and FSA plan is different, check with your pharmacist or benefits provider to find out if your plan will reimburse you.
Does Theraworx Relief work for restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
In a research study including patients diagnosed with RLS, this formulation reduced symptoms commonly associated with and accompanying RLS, including muscle cramps and spasms.
- 1Bill Schiffner, Theraworx Relief getting high marks for pain relief. Chain Drug Review. March 18, 2019.
- 2Topp, Robert, Heidi Sterling, and Jena L. Slaski." Integrative Journal of Nursing and Health The Effect of a Topical Homeopathic Solution on Nocturnal Leg Cramps and Associated Symptoms." Int J Nur Health 1.1 (2018): 25-34.
- 3Guerrera, Mary P., Stella Lucia Volpe, and Jun James Mao." Therapeutic uses of magnesium." American family physician. 80.2 (2009).
- Bill Schiffner, Theraworx Relief getting high marks for pain relief. Chain Drug Review. March 18, 2019. (Last Accessed on September 27, 2019)
- Topp, Robert, Heidi Sterling, and Jena L. Slaski. "Integrative Journal of Nursing and Health The Effect of a Topical Homeopathic Solution on Nocturnal Leg Cramps and Associated Symptoms." Int J Nur Health 1.1 (2018): 25-34. (Last Accessed on September 27, 2019)
- Guerrera, Mary P., Stella Lucia Volpe, and Jun James Mao. "Therapeutic uses of magnesium." American family physician 80.2 (2009). (Last Accessed on September 25, 2019)
- Sontag, Stephen J., and Jean N. Wanner. "The cause of leg cramps and knee pains: an hypothesis and effective treatment." Medical hypotheses 25.1 (1988): 35-41. (Last Accessed on September 23, 2019)
Thigh Cramps Application Video (1:00 minutes)
Hamstring Application Video (1:04 minutes)
Calf Application Video (1:00 minute)
Foot Application Video (1:01 minutes)
Theraworx Relief Review Video (3:48 minutes)
- Additional Information