Other Natura product(s)
The SUR-FIT Stomahesive Flexible Skin Barrier with Cut-to-Fit Opening and White Tape Collar is a preferred skin barrier with some benefits that make the application process and adhesive strength a whole lot better.
Before applying a new barrier, make sure you have cleaned the stoma area with a disinfectant, removing bacteria that can cause irritations and complications. Once cleaned, attach your skin barrier to your stoma, the flexible skin barrier contours to formed or semi-formed stomas; reducing the risk of skin irritations by excess or leakage. When the barrier is applied it will emit a snapping sound, this sound confirms the barrier and the bag have made a connection to each other and are properly sealed; accidents can happen if the bag is not properly connected to the barrier.
The cut-to-fit design of the opening gives you the option of cutting and adjusting the barrier to your stoma size. Cutting to select your stoma size can be a little bit tricky if you are not too familiar with your stoma. An opening that is too tight can cause discomfort and an improper seal; too big can cause leaks and irritation. ConvaTec offers videos and charts so you can use your best judgement when cutting to fit.
Whichever product you select, ConvaTec has offered many variations of barriers for 2-piece stoma bags. The barrier can be used to fit many lifestyles, whether you are active, traveling, a nighttime wearer, you can find a barrier that can fit your specific needs.
Product Features and Benefits
- For Formed or Semi-Formed Stomas
- Flexible Design
- Holds On Tight to Skin for a Better Seal
- Helps Prevent Against Skin Irritation
- Coupling Rings Makes Snapping Sound When Attached Securely
- Manufacturer: ConvaTec
- Brand: Sur-Fit Natura
- Product SKU: 125257, 125258, 125259, 125260, 125261
- Adhesive Type: Stomahesive, White Tape
- Application: Colostomy Barrier
- Barrier Material: Hydrocolloid
- Barrier Shape: Flat
- Barrier Type: Trim To Fit, Standard Wear
- Flange Size: 1-1/4 Inch Flange
- Opening Size: Up to 1/2 to 3/4 Inch Stoma
- System Match: Sur-Fit Natura
- Additional Information
Manufacturer ConvaTec Sub Brand Natura
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!