Customers Also Bought
Stander Security Pole and Pivoting Curve Grab Bar Overview
The Stander Security Pole is a Mobility Assist Aid that can be used almost anywhere in the home. This product is a perfect choice for users who have limited mobility and who need extra support to step out of a shower or stand up from a bed, couch, or toilet. This product reaches from floor to ceiling, is height adjustable, includes an extension piece, and can be fitted to ceilings anywhere between seven and ten feet in height. An I-shaped top support makes it extra stable and versatile. The Stander Security Pole & Curve Grab Bar is mounted through tension and includes mark-free, skid-resistant pads, so it does not cause damage to ceilings or floors, can be mounted virtually anywhere in-home within its height range, and can be easily removed and moved to another location when needed. This means it can also be broken down for travel and visiting family or friends on vacation. This product comes with screws for those who would like a more permanent installation, but permanent installation is not required.
This product is built sensibly and with enhanced safety and convenience features. The grab bar swivels and locks into place every 45 degrees so users can adjust the grab bar as their needs change. As a result, one can adjust the bar to be grasped from several angles. For instance, one might stand this security pole near a toilet and shower and swivel the grab bar between the two, as needed.
The Stander Security Pole and Curve Grab Bar is made out of durable and rust-resistant zinc-coated steel and has a 300-pound weight capacity. It is coated in a resilient powder coat paint and both black and white color options are available. It also can be purchased with or without a grab bar. The four handgrip levels provide added support and stability. Finally, this product is very easy to set-up and requires no additional tools for installation.
What Comes in the Box?
This product is very easy to assemble and requires no additional tools for assembly. Parts include:
- Extension Tube
- Pre-Attached Grab Bar (If Purchased)
- Base Tension Plate
- Upper Tension Frame
- Cotter Pin
- Clevis Pin
Who Would Find this Product Useful?
Users with limited mobility and who have trouble standing without extra support may find this product useful. It is versatile and can be used as a bathroom or Bed Assist pole or to help the user stand virtually anywhere else in their home. Users should be able to grip the handle of this assist handle with at least one hand and stand with assistance. Users with the following conditions may fall under those categories:
- Age-Related Reduced Mobility
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Stroke Recovery
- And Many More
Features and Benefits
- Floor to Ceiling Standing Aid
- Bathroom and Bedside Support
- Damage-Free Tension Mounted Design
- Stable I-Shaped Top
- Swivel Grab Bar
- 360° ° Rotation
- Can Be Mounted Anywhere in Home
- Locks In Place Every 45 Degrees
- Extension Piece Included
- 7 - 10 Foot Ceiling Fit
- Permanent Installation Optional
- Screws Included, but Not Required
- Skid-Resistant Pads
- Durable, Zinc-Coated Steel
- Rust-Resistant Material
- Long-Lasting Powder Coat Paint Finish
- Quick and Easy Set-Up
- Tool-Free Installation
- 300 lb Weight Capacity
- Takes Up Little Room
- Easy to Clean
- May Increase User Independence
- I-Fit-Shower Chair: A backless shower chair with a small footprint that is easy to fit in almost any shower. This product includes anti-slip rubber tips for safety and stability. Tools are not required for assembly.
- FabSafe Fall Mat: A high-density foam bedside mat that helps reduce injury if a patient falls out of bed. An anti-microbial version is available.
- Avivo Shower Sandal Footscrubber: A shower foot scrubber that helps users clean their feet without having to reach or bend.
- Drive Home Bed Assist Handle: An adjustable sit-sit-to stand bed handle with rubber-tipped feet that fits most standard home beds. This item has a long horizontal support bar that slides under a mattress for easy installation.
- Medline Tub Grab Bar: This item comes in two style options: lock-to-side or bi-level.
- Stander Assist-A-Tray: A couch grab handle that provides sit-to-stand support. It also acts as a side table as it is designed with an integrated, multipurpose swivel tray.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this product be used in the shower?
This product is not designed for shower use.
Will this product damage the ceiling or floor?
No. This item includes skid resistant pads and does not use bolts or screws. It is instead tension mounted, so it does not damage ceilings or floors.
What ceiling heights does this item accommodate?
This product can be used for ceilings that range between seven and ten feet in height. DO NOT use this item on ceiling that are lower or higher than this height.
What is the height of the highest and lowest points?
The lowest point of the grab bar reaches 32.5 inches off the ground. the Highest point reaches 52 inches off of the ground.
Can this item be installed using a vaulted ceiling?
This product is not compatible with vaulted ceilings.
Can this item be set-up anywhere in a house?
Because this product is a tension pole, it can be set up almost anywhere in the house but cannot be set up in the shower. Ceilings must be between seven and ten feet in height.
- Fall Risk
- Limited Mobility
Fall risks are increases significantly if this item is not installed properly. Always read the full set of user manual instructions and safety information before installing and using this product.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure contains product details and specifications.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
Bathroom Safety Tips for Seniors (10:22 minutes)
Customer Testimonial (2:17 minutes)
Assembly Instructions - Tension-mounted Transfer Pole (1:11 minutes)
Comparison to other Bathroom Transfer Poles (2:32 minutes)
Tension-mounted Transfer Pole and Bathroom Grab Bar (0:56 minutes)
- Manufacturer: Stander
- Item Number: 1100B, 1100W, 1150-B, 1150-W
- Application: Sit-to-Stand Assistance
- Type: Bed Rail
- Style: Tension Mounted; Curved Grab Bar Optional
- Material: Zinc-Plated Steel, Powder-Coat Paint
- Color: Black or White
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Weight: 22 lbs
- Ceiling Height Fit: 7 - 10 ft
- Package Length: 54 Inch
- Package Width: 12.5 Inch
- Package Height: 3.25 Inch
All of Stander products come with an “Unconditional” Lifetime Warranty! If you are unsatisfied for ANY reason, you can send it back for a full refund; No Questions Asked.
- Additional Information