Customers Also Bought
What is Primapore Dressing?
Primapore Adhesive Wound Dressings, also referred to as Primapore Bandages, are for post-operative wounds. They also work well for cuts, lacerations and sutured wounds. Primapore is a conforming dressing that adapts to the location of the wound. It is effective in awkward shaped body areas like elbows. The dressing flexibility helps the patient maintain full range of motion while donning this wound protector.
Primapore is an effective I.V. site dressing. Its water-resistent backing repels water and external contaminants. The 2 x 3 Inch size dressing is suitable as a peripheral dressing, while the 4 x 3-1/8 and 6 x 3-1/8 dressings are suitable for central line dressings. This one-step island dressing prevents site contamination. It combines tape and gauze for and easy-to-use IV dressing.
Primapore dressings are easy to use. There is protection paper with a slit in the middle so forceps and fingers do not touch the dressing pad nor the low allergy acrylic adhesive. This keeps the wound dressing clean to minimize risk of infection and allows for easier application to the wound. The pad is thick to reduce the amount of strike-through, making the patient more comfortable. The thick pad also adds protection against trauma. While the pad may be thick and padded, it is very soft and breathable allowing quicker healing while maintaining comfort for the patient.
The design of the Primapore bandage combines an absorbent pad with a soft fixative layer. This soft layer is comfortable to the patient. The absorbent pad is thick, minimizing fluid strike-through. The pad protects the wound from trauma and accidental bumps. The wound contact layer allows for blood and exudate to pass through to the absorbent pad, maintaining a moist wound environment to promote healing. This wound dressing also works great as a secondary dressings over a gel, ointment, paste or primary dressing such as the Medihoney Paste.
Product Features & Benefits
- Conformable Dressing for All Wound Sites
- Soft and Comfortable
- Flexible Dressing
- Non-Woven Layer, Non-Restrictive to Body Movement
- Highly Absorbent
- Minimizes Fluid Strikethrough
- Low Adherent Contact Layer
- Minimizes Disruption and Trauma to the Underlying Tissue Upon Removal
- Reduces Risk of Pain During Dressing Changes
- Reduces Risk of Dressing Lifting or Snagging
- Rounded Corners Help Keep Dressing in Place
- Spilt Protecting Paper for Easy Application
- Easy Open Packaging
- Low Allergy
- Soft Breathable Cover
- Product Numbers: 7133, 66000317, 66000318, 66000319, 66000321, 66007140
- Size Options: 2 x 3, 4 x 3-1/8, 6 x 3-1/8, 4 x 8, 4 x 11-3/4, 4 x 13-3/4 Inch
- Shape: Rectangle
- Packaging: Individually Wrapped Sterile Dressing
- Color: White
- Application: Adhesive Dressing
- Material: Polyester
- Acrylic Adhesive
- Sterile Dressing
- Sterilization: Ethylene Oxide
- HCPCS: A6254, A6255
- Brand: Primapore
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- Opsite Post Op
- Easy to Use
- Non-woven dressing
- Low allergy adhesive
- Highly absorbent pad
- Low-adherent pad
- Supports patients with sensitive skin
- Aseptic dressing
- Low adherent dressing requiring careful removal
- Skin maceration
- Not suitable for high exudating wounds
- If wound fluid dries, dressing may adhere to the wound
Indications for the Primapore Wound Dressing
- Dry to medium exudating wounds
- Protect surgical incisions
- Protect recently healed wounds
- Post-operative wounds
- Minor Cuts
- Puncture Sites
- Secondary Dressing Over Gels or Ointments
- Secondary Dressing Over Primary Dressing
- Moderate to high exudating wounds
- Fully healed wound with no risk of wound breakdown
- When exudate containment exceeds dressing capability
- Peel away the protective papers to expose the non-adherent absorbent pad.
- Holding the backing papers at each end of the dressing, position the dressing over the wound area and remove the release papers.
- Gently smooth the dressing into place, applying light pressure (especially around the edges).
- Do not stretch the dressing on application to prevent trauma to the underlying skin.
What to Buy with Primapore Dressing
Manuals and Documents
- Product Flyer contains features and benefits.
- Brochure contains product highlights.
- Catalog Page displays product options.
- Application Instructions outlines steps for proper wound appication.
- HCPCS Code Letter and Medicare fee schedule.
- MSDS contains the material safety data.
- Additional Information