Other Securi-T product(s)
- Securi-T 1-Piece Drainable Pouch w/ Extended Wear Barrier - 12-Inch Opaque
- Securi-T Flat Wafers for Two-Piece Pouching Systems
- Securi-T Two-piece Drainable Pouch with Filter 12 L, 2-1/4 Flange, Transparent
- Flexible Wafer with Tan Collar
- Securi-T Urostomy Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Transparent
Customers Also Bought
The Securi-T Closed-End Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching System is a choice ostomy pouch by Hollister (formerly Genairex). These ostomy bags come in three flange size options (1-3/4 inch, 2-1/4 inch, and 2 3/4 inch) and can be purchased with or without filters. Those with filters include thirty filter covers. This pouch is a closed-end pouch, meaning that it is disposable. This makes it a great option for users who don't have time to clean their ostomy pouch with every use. Two-Piece ostomy systems make the change out and clean-up process of ostomy bags a simple, quick, and painless process.
This Securi-T ostomy pouch is designed for a two-piece ostomy system. The two-piece design of this product is another ostomy bag feature that makes changing out these pouches much easier and faster. This is because the second piece, the ostomy wafter (also known as a flange or skin barrier), only needs to be changed out every two to four days. Fewer wafer changes have the added benefit of being gentler on the user's skin and so can be an especially great choice for those whose skin is sensitive and prone to breakdown. In addition, this ostomy bag is built for comfort with a soft, flexible panel that won't degrade skin.
The Securi-T Closed-End Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching System is also a great choice for those who are active. This is because it is easy to change bags out to different sizes for activities such as swimming or intimate activities. This Securi-T ostomy pouch is also opaque and skin-toned. The ability to change this ostomy pouch out for a different size combined with its opacity translates to an inconspicuous design for discreet use.
The Securi-T Closed-End Pouch is perfect for users who have a colostomy and whose waste is solid, but should not be used with a urostomy or ileostomy.
Tips for Ordering Ostomy Products
- It is best practice to keep an extra two-weeks of ostomy supplies on hand at all times.
- Maintain a list of the supplies you use. Include manufacturer names, order numbers, and supply sources for easy ordering and safety. Give this list to a family member in case an emergency arises.
- Be sure to consider delivery time when ordering ostomy products
- Stoma sizes can change as it heals and with weight gain or loss. Re-measure the stoma size with each pouch system purchase, particularly within the first six months.
- When calculating supply cost, take wear time into account. Some ostomy products that seem more expensive may actually be less costly in the long run if the product doesn't need to be changed out as often.
How to Clean Around the Stoma
- Step 1: Wash your hands.
- Step 2: Gather a wash cloth and warm water. Soap is not encouraged as it may interfere with ostomy supply adhesion. If you do use soap, make sure to use a mild soap that does not contain any oils or perfumes.
- Step 3: Gently clean the stoma area with the wash cloth and warm water.
- Step 4: Dry the skin well before applying ostomy supplies.
Note: Never use creams, powders, alcohol or other harsh chemicals, or wet wipes (unless the wipes are made specifically for cleaning stomas in this area as these products will interfere with adhesion.
Features and Benefits
- Disposable Ostomy Pouch
- Closed-End Design
- Designed for a Two-Piece Ostomy System
- Three Flange Size Options
- Discreet Opaque Design
- Purchasable with or without Filters
- Quick and Easy Changing Process
- Fewer Changes Necessary
- Soft Panel
- Gentle on Skin
- Pouch Size Easily Exchangable
- Great for Active Users
- For Colostomy Use
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Brand: Securi-T
- Item Numbers: 7400134, 7400214, 7400234, 7408134, 7408214, 7408234
- Function: Ostomy Pouch
- Type: Two-Piece
- Filter: Optional
- Bag Sizes: 8 Inch
- Flange Sizes: 1.75, 2.25, 2.75
- System: Closed
- Drainable: No
- Reusable: Yes
- Color: Opaque
Manuals and Documents
- Product Catalog contains Securi-T product specifications.
- Product Care Guide contains an ostomy care instructions.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A