When you are looking for a solution that is simple and easy, you may wish to try the Securi-T One-Piece Drainable Pouch - Transparent from Hollister (formerly made by Genairex). You can choose between a 9-inch or 12-inch standard wear bag that is cut-to-fit. You can cut the opening from 1/2-inch to 2-1/2 inches to accommodate stomas of any shape.
The larger 12-inch Hollister One-Piece Drainable Pouch offers more choices. In addition to the standard wear, you can select extended wear with pre-cut openings that range in size from 3/4-inch up to 1-1/4-inches. These pre-cut pouches also have a belt tab to help secure them.
Each Securi-T One-Piece Pouch Drainable comes with a curved tail closure that folds over to secure the contents between voids. Each pouch has odor-fighting properties that kill smells. Hollister uses an environmentally-friendly film to make these bags.
Advantages of a One-Piece Ostomy Bag
- Thinner profile, so it is more discrete.
- Easier to apply.
- Increased feeling of security because the bag cannot separate from the flange.
How to Use
Attach your Securi-T Cut-to-Fit One-Piece Drainable Pouch around your stoma using the built-in adhesive. Verify that the end is closed to prevent leakage. And then tuck the pouch under your clothes.
How to Apply a One-Piece Ostomy Bag
- Prepare your pouch -
- Cut the opening to the right size and shape (for cut-to-fit pouches).
- Close the tail end of the bag, securing it in place.
- Wash the skin around the stoma with soap and warm water.
- Press the opening of the pouching system over the stoma.
- Push the adhesive against your skin with your fingers, starting at the opening and working outwards.
- Place your hand over the area that has adhesive and hold against your body for 30 seconds to 1 minute to activate.
- Remove any paper backing and push the edges down.
How Often Do I Change My One-Piece Ostomy Bag?
- For standard wear - change every one to two days.
- For extended wear - change every two to three days.
How to Change a One-Piece Ostomy Bag
Place one hand against your skin next to the skin barrier. Next, locate the edge of the wafer that is closest to your hand. Gently pry up one corner. Work your way along, carefully pull up from one side to the other until the appliance is free.
Place the used ostomy bag into the collection bag and then wash the area with warm water. Apply your new pouch following the instructions above.
How to Clean
- Run a few squares of toilet paper around the inside of the drain.
- *You can use a flushable sanitary wipe instead if you wish.
- Do not flush the pouch with water, as this can ruin the odor-fighting properties.
- You can use the Adapt Lubrication Deodorant by Hollister if you wish. Doing so can make it easier to empty the contents of the pouch.
Complimentary Ostomy Accessories
Features and Benefits
- One Piece - No Need to Snap Together, Changing Out is Faster
- Slim Profile - More Discrete to Hide Your Pouch
- Environmentally Friendly Film Construction - Protects the Environment
- Disposal Bag - Easy to Dispose of in a Private Manner
- Built-in Drain - Reduces Pouching Changes
- Soft, Skin-Friendly Comfort Panel - Quiet, Light, and Sturdy
- No Flange Attachment - More Flexibility
- Transparent - Easily Check Contents
- Brand: Securi-T
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- SKU(s): 7600002, 7609002, 7612198, 7612228, 7612258, 7612298, 7612328
- Lengths: 9-Inches, 12-Inches
- Cut-to-Fit Opening Sizes: 1/2-Inch to 2-1/2 Inches
- Pre-Cut Opening Sizes: 3/4-Inch, 7/8-Inch, 1-Inch, 1-1/8 Inches, 1-1/4 Inches
- Latex-Free: Yes