Customers Also Bought
What Is PolyMem Non-Adhesive Cavity Filler Used For?
The PolyMem WIC Wound Filler dressing line is here to give patients relief from deep, difficult-to-manage tunneling and cavity wounds (use PolyMem WIC Silver Rope for tunneling wounds and WIC and WIC Silver for cavity wounds). These perfect-fit dressings take all aspects of the wound care process into account by cleansing, moisturizing, and debriding wounds while simultaneously providing pain and inflammation relief.
Continuously Cleanses and Moisturizes Wounds
They not only help heal, but are also formulated with an embedded moisturizer to help relieve pain, swelling, and inflammation for increased comfort throughout the wound healing process. This moisturizer, along with the fact that these items are non-adherent, helps prevent pain and difficulty during the removal process. This also allows dressings to be removed single piece for a painless removal process.
In addition to these benefits, these items contain a non-toxic cleanser to help prevent the need for extra steps between dressing changes. This both protects the wound from harsh cleansers for better healing and saves the patient time and resources. An odor-controlling agent is also present so patients don't have to deal with discomforting scents. These dressings also come in both standard and extra-protective silver versions. Silver has antimicrobial properties, so it helps keep the wound bed free of bacteria and fungi. It was shown to kill 99.9% of these unwholesome agents in clinical tests.
Provides Superior Fluid Management
Crucially, these dressings do a superb job of debriding wounds, which means they pull fluid, toxins, and debris up and out of the wound bed. Amazingly, the rope version holds up to six times its weight in the fluid while the cavity filler holds up to 10 times its weight. In addition, these dressings expand to fill in open wound space as they absorb fluid. Due to their high absorption ability, these items often reduce the needed number of changes and extend the amount of time between changes. These dressings can be left on the wound for up to an entire week (the amount of time between changes ultimately depends on the amount of fluid absorbed over time and a doctor's recommendations). Healthcare professionals can douse both of these items in sterile water or saline solution if additional moisture is needed.
Designed for a Perfect Fit
PolyMem non-adhesive cavity fillers and rope dressings are designed for a perfect fit. PolyMem Cavity Fillers come as a 3 x 3-inch perforated sheet that allows users to tear along the dotted lines to create three smaller strips when necessary. The rope version comes in 0.4 x 14-inch strips that can be coiled before insertion into the wound for a snug and filled-out fit. Both of these items can be cut to fit.
How Does It Work?
This product contains unique ingredients to ensure a more comfortable and effective wound healing process. It is made out of a special polyurethane material that makes it highly absorbent, allows it to expand to fill the wound, and enables it to be removed in one piece. The polymeric membrane matrix along with an embedded starch help pull fluid, microbes, and debris up and out of the wound bed and then turn it into an easy-to-manage gel. It also contains valuable glycerin, which simultaneously moisturizes the wound bed, supports debridement, controls odor, and prevents the dressing from adhering to the wound bed during removal. This also protects the patient from pain and discomfort.
The silver versions of these products also contain silver ions. When moisture is absorbed into the dressing, these silver ions are released into the wound bed to kill microbes as they enter the dressing. They achieve this by binding to microbial DNA and preventing cell division. This makes the cell membrane burst and destroys the microbe. This process protects the dressing from bacterial and fungal contamination to keep the wound clean and infection-free.
PolyMem WIC Wound Filler Features and Benefits
- Primary Wound Dressing
- Absorbent Polyurethane Material
- Fills Wound Cavities
- Designed Especially for Tunneling and Cavity Wounds
- Includes Embedded Non-Toxic Wound Cleanser and Moisturizer
- Less Cleansing Needed Between Changes
- Eases Swelling and Pain
- Dressing Changes Are Painless and Easy
- Removes as a Single Piece
- Contains Odor and Controlling Agent
- Maintains a Moist Wound Environment
- Standard and Antimicrobial Silver Versions Available
- Silver Killed 99.9% of Bacteria and Fungi in Tests
- Debrides Wounds (Pulls out Bacteria, Fluid, and Debris)
- Sheets Have a Double Perforation Design for a Perfect Fit
- Can Be Cut to Fit
- Rope Can Be Coiled to Fill Wound Space
- Expands to Fill Open Wound Space
- Cavity Fillers Absorb up to 10 Times Their Weight in Fluid
- Wic Silver Rope Absorbs Up to 6 Times Its Weight
- Saline or Sterile Water Can Be Added to Dressing
- Often Reduces Needed Number of Dressing Changes
PolyMem Non-Adhesive Cavity Filler and Rope Guide
WIC Wound Filler Use and Safety Information
If the user has an allergic reaction or displays a sensitivity to it, discontinue use immediately.
This product is indicated for the following wound types:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers (stages III - IV)
- Vascular ulcers
- Acute wounds
- Wounds with moderate or high exudation
How Long Does PolyMem Last?
This product can be left on the wound for up to a week. If the dressing becomes saturated with exudate, it should be changed immediately. Always follow a doctor's direction when it comes to wound dressing changes.
This dressing often increases the amount of fluid pulled from the wound. A secondary layer of dressing may be needed to contain the excess fluid. Please refer to the secondary dressings list below for recommendations.
Recommended Secondary Dressings
- PolyMem Shapes: Adhesive dressings that come either with or without silver. These items come in a variety of sizes and come in oval, sacral, or square tube dressing shapes.
- PolyMem Silver: A non-adhesive silver dressing that can be used as either a primary or a secondary bandage on most parts of the body. The silver in products such as these have antibacterial properties.
- PolyMem Variety Dressings: A variety of adhesive bandages (including Dot, MAX, Finger and Toe, and more) that can be used for secondary dressing purposes can be found on this page.
Other Complementary Products
- DermaKlenz: A spray bottle type wound cleanser that comes in both 4- and 8-ounce bottle sizes. Because this cleanser is in spray bottle form it simultaneously disinfects and debrides the wound bed.
- Dynarex Povidone Iodine: A topical antiseptic wound cleaner that can be purchased in bottle or prep-pad forms.
- McKesson Cotton-Tipped Applicators: Cotton swabs that can be used in tandem with wound cleansers and antiseptics to clean wound beds.
- Manufacturer: Ferris Mfg. Corp.
- Brand: PolyMem
- Product Numbers: 1333, 1814, 5733
- Material: Hydrophilic Polyurethane
- Color: Peach or Silver
- 1333 Size: 3 x 3-Inch Sheet
- 1814 Size: 0.4 x 14-Inch Rope
- 5733 Size: 3 x 3-Inch Sheet
- Product Type: Cavity Filler
- Product Style: Tear-Away Strips or Rope
- Application: Wound Care
- HCPCS Code: A6515
Manuals and Documents
- Silver Brochure contains silver products information.
- Brochure contains product information.
- Case Study contains study data.
- Flyer contains product details.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Benskin. PolyMem Wic Silver Rope: A Multifunctional Dressing for Decreasing Pain, Swelling, and Inflammation.
- Wound Source. PolyMem WIC Cavity Filler.
- Wound Source. PolyMem WIC Silver Cavity Filler.
What is PolyMem? (0:22 minutes)
Introducing PolyMem dressings (3:24 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Ferris Brand PolyMem Size 3 x 3 Inch Sterility Sterile Woven / Non-Woven Woven Material Poly Blend
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.