Customers Also Bought
What Comes in the Box?
What Comes In The Box?
- 2 Batteries
- Pull Handle and Wheels
- AC Power Supply
- DC Power Supply
- Accessory Bag
- Inlet Filter
- User Manual
- 5 Year Warranty
O2 Concepts Oxlife Portable Oxygen Concentrator Product # 800-0001-2
The Oxlife Independence provides 1-3 LPM of medical-grade O2 in continuous mode and up to 96 mL in pulse mode in just one unit. The portable concentrator features exclusive technology to simplify ownership and enhance oxygen purity. This sophistication comes in a package that O2 Concepts claims is the category's smallest, most agile and has the best battery life.
O2 Concept's exclusive Dynamic Network Analysis (DNA) technology simplifies ownership via over-the-air diagnostics to determine maintenance, update software and troubleshoot. For healthcare providers, DNA monitors usage and ambulation for the first 30 days. DNA Technology Communications Access services may be initiated with an activation fee (product item number 830-2000) and a year later an annual fee (product number 830-2001). The DNA Access Service may be order at the following link: OxLife Concentrator Accessories
The machine also employs patented Energy Smart Absorption technology that uses multiple reservoirs for higher oxygen purity and flow volumes while using less energy. Despite being a featherweight 16.7 pounds, the made-in-the-USA Oxygen Concentrator packs heavyweight technology. The Oxlife Independence employs intelligent Dynamic Network Analysis technology that uses 3G cellular technology to link it to a secure server via the Verizon network.
Features and Benefits
- Dynamic Network Analysis technology equipped with GPS system and transmits operational data as well as error codes.
- Concentrator can run pulse or continuous mode off of AC power (home), DC power (vehicles) or a lithium ion battery.
- Large, user-friendly control panel easily controls oxygen mode and flow rate.
- FAA approval for use on commercial airlines that originate in the United States; rail and sea travel are also possible, contact the cruise or rail line before booking travel.
- Integrated cart includes 6-inch wheels and handle; cart stows away in seconds and fits under airline seats.
- Durable light-weight magnesium case ready to withstand life on the open road.
- Long battery life offers worry-free extended outings.
- Easy and simple battery changes. Two battery ports let you change rechargeable batteries without turning the device off. No removing from cart or canvass bag to replace batteries.
- Oxlife Independence is FAA-approved for air travel.
Size and Weight
- Width: 10.9 inches.
- Height: 20.2 inches.
- Depth: 10.9 inches.
- Weight: 16.7 pounds.
- Battery Cartridge Weight: 1.35 pounds each (2.7 lbs. for both).
- Wheel Diameter: 6 inches.
- Max Oxygen Flow Rate: 96 mL pulse flow and 3 liters per minute (LPM) continuous flow.
- Pulse Dose: 0.5 - 6 in 0.5 increments (8 mL - 96 mL).
- Continuous Flow: 0.5 - 3 LPM in 0.5 increments.
- O2 Concentration: 95.6 to 87% at sea level -- all settings.
- Oxygen Outlet Pressure: 5 PSIG (+/- 1 PSIG).
- Noise: 40 dBA at setting 2 pulse oxygen dose.
- Operating Altitude: up to 13,123 feet above sea level.
- Average Power Consumption (at setting 2): 90 watts.
- AC Power Connection: 100 - 240 VAC (universal input); 50 - 60 Hz; 2 Amps.
- DC Power Connection: 12 - 15 VDC; 10 Amps.
- 2.0 LPM Continuous Flow: 2.5 hours.
- 2.0 LPM Pulse Flow at 20 BPM: 5.75 hours.
- Power Cartridge Recharge Time: 1.5 hours - 1 battery; 2.5 hours - 2 batteries.
- FAA Approval: Yes.
Manufacturing and Dependability
- Product Numbers: 800-0001-2.
- Case Material: durable magnesium and composite.
- Manufacturer: O2 Concepts.
- Brand: Oxlife.
- Made in USA.
- HCPCS codes: E1390 and E1392.
- Machine Warranty: 5-years.
- Accessories and Battery Warranty: 1 year.
Alarm System Notifications
- Low battery.
- Low purity.
- No external power.
- No flow.
- Over temperature.
- Service required.
- Unauthorized battery.
- No breath detected.
Vitality Medical - A Better Place to Buy
Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist - Questions about the O2 Concepts Oxlife Independence or any of the other portable oxygen concentrators can be answered by telephone with one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist. These trained specialist are re-evaluated every six months to ensure they are on top of the latest technology and the newest oxygen therapy delivery devices. These certified specialist can help you with questions about pulse flow oxygen, continuous flow oxygen, oxygen concentration levels, high altitude operation, oxygen therapy while traveling and more! Call toll free to 800-397-5899 to reach one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist.
Rental Program - If you would like to "kick the tires" by trying out a particular concentrator before actually purchasing it, try our rental program. Vitality Medical rents by the week with no limitation on the number of weeks. Try before you buy and take all the time you need to test, try and learn how to use one of the leading edge portable oxygen concentrators on the market. Often oxygen patients want to take a portable oxygen concentrator with them while traveling since home oxygen concentrators are too bulky and do not work with many foreign power grids. Vitality Medical has several lightweight portables approved by the FAA for airline travel that can be operated 24/7 while on your vacation. Call today for details at 800-397-5899.
Vitality Medical Buy Back Program - Not 100% satisfied with the concentrator you purchased? Let us make it right! Vitality Medical will buy your concentrator back and help you determine a better fit.
Oxygen Concentrator Loaner Program - Should your concentrator need to be repaired while under warranty, Vitality Medical provides a concentrator on-loan for you to use while your concentrator is in the shop.
Easy Warranty Processing - Should your oxygen concentrator require repair while it is under warranty, just give us a call on our toll free line to set up your warranty repair at 800-397-5899. Remember, Vitality Medical offers a free loaner while your concentrator is being repaired. Warranty processing is only for concentrators purchased from Vitality Medical.
Oxygen Concentrator Rankings and Comparison Charts - If you would like to see a list of the top ranking oxygen concentrator choices along with detailed reviews, concentrator rankings and side-by-side comparisons, visit the links to our oxygen comparison studies below for detailed information.
- Portable Oxygen Concentrator Side-By-Side Comparison Chart includes the top ranking brands on the market.
- Ranking the Best Pulse Flow Oxygen Concentrators review and comparison charts.
- Ranking the Best Continuous Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators offers a detailed review and comparison of each model currently on the market.
- Pulse Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators prices and detailed product specifications.
- Continuous Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators prices and specifications.
- What Is Pulse Dose Oxygen? offers a guide to these type of portable oxygen concentrators.
- What Is Continuous Flow Oxygen? provides a brief summary of continuous flow concentrators.
- FAA Approved Portable Oxygen Concentrators list with links to FAA documentation.
O2 Concepts Additional Resources
- Product Brochure offers info about flow settings, specifications, accessories and features.
- Oxlife Independence Brochure highlights the durability this concentrator and its standard 5 year warranty.
- Product Specifications charts the specs for this concentrator.
- User Manual includes safety guidelines, indications for use, contraindications, maintenance and user care.
- Handle Operation Instructions contains a graphical, how-to guide on operating the mobility pull handle for this portable oxygen concentrator.
- Battery Install and Removal Instructions illustrate the installation and removal of the two batteries.
- Alerts and Alarms indicate the possible alarm screens and alert screens.
- Replacement Batteries for the Oxlife Portable Oxygen Concentrator.
- Replacement Filters for the Oxlife Concentrator.
- Replacement Parts & Accessories for the Oxlife Independence Concentrator.
- Oxlife Independence Medicare Letter indicates authorized HCPCS code of E1392.
- Oxygen Concentrator Troubleshooting Guide provides a chart with alerts/alarms matched with solutions.
- Oxlife Maintenance contains instructions to keep your concentrator working at peak performance.
- O2 Concepts Warranty details the warranty coverage for the concentrator, accessories, batteries and exclusions.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer O2 Concepts Ships Free Yes Oxygen Flow Continuous Flow, Pulse Flow
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWe just received a portable concentrator for my elderly mother all is f ine with it but when the room is dark the light flashes on the concentrator. At first I thought something was wrong or going wrong but then I turned the light on and I didnt see it flashing any longer. The battery looked full of on the machine it is plugged in the green little light on the cord is lit does that mean al is working ok? Thank you.Question by: Connie on Jun 15, 2019 10:25:00 PMThe user manual mentions a light will flash if using pulse mode, but if that is not the case, you are also welcome to call and speak to one of our concentrator specialists who might be able to help more. Please call 877-418-9187 for further assistance if needed.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Jun 17, 2019 2:15:00 PMDo you also sell extra batteries? If so, how much?Question by: Cristina on Aug 20, 2019 11:56:00 PMWe do sell replacement batteries, they are available at the following link: https://www.vitalitymedical.com/oxlife-independence-portable-oxygen-concentrator-24-7-batteries.htmlAnswer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Aug 21, 2019 11:04:00 AM
Based on your history
9 Item(s)Rex Allen 12/347/2018Loud, battery lifeI bought this machine without too much research. The 3LPM setting is loud, loud, loud. The pulse settings are tolerable but still loud. The battery life is short, especially when on continuous settings. However, the battery life for the pulse setting is shorter with increase. The advertising does explain that in simple terms. Since you can't get what you really won't from what's available, this machine does make it possible to do some things that you couldn't do without it. Next time I'll buy a light continuous concentrator and combine it with my Oxygo that has the double battery.Very disappointed! 08/235/2018Very loudMy husband received this unit yesterday and we are both very disappointed in the LOUDNESS of this machine. He is on 3LMP, which is the highest level for this unit. If kept in the same room while watching TV, we had to turn to volume way up on the TV just to hear it. I'm sure if we went to a restaurant others near us would be bothered by the noise it makes. This machine is so LOUD that we had to put it in another room and close the door, but you could still hear it.JG1873 10/288/2017Great for young, on the go adults!I recently was hospitalized with p eumonka and complications from that I need supplemental oxygen at home mainly when I am sleeping. This is portable enough for me to still do the things i want with my children (I am only 30 years old) I can still hang with my friends and dine out, it is working great I just wish I had a really tiny unit that I could wear like a crossbody bag to have in case I needed when I go to a mall or the park or places like that. But overall I really do like this machine!!!! First time and hopefully last I will ever need supplemental oxygen!!!Daisy 12/338/2015Try it BEFORE you Buy itWe went on a three hour trip in the car with my parents. It is not the machine for you if you require more than 2L continuous oxygen. Terrible for traveling in a car if you require 3L continuous. It is loud! The DC outlets will not accomodate running this machine at 3L. The AC outlet in our Toyota 4 Runner would not accomodate running this machine at 3L. The higher the L required the more power is needed to run the machine. Thank goodness this was just a loner for us and my Dad had his oxygen tank with him since the machine would not work in our vehicles AC or DC power and the batteries ran out in 1.5 hours.Ray 11/332/2014Good, but not GREAT!The OxLife Independence is one of several continuous-flow 3 l/m portable concentrators. All that I have considered are comparable in size and weight. The folding handle is very helpful in providing rigid control when moving around, but is prone to sticking in the down or up position. The integrated wheels are convenient, but can be a bother when flying and space under the "seat in front of you" is marginal. Being able to remove the carrying cart would be helpful at this time. I really like the solid case and easy to read control panel. Having two batteries instead of one makes it possible to change batteries without shutting the machine down. The OxLife accessory case leaves a lot to be desired. There is no way to attach it to the machine, and there is no shoulder strap. It is hard to manage it and the machine at the same time when moving around. All-in-all, I greatly prefer it to carrying O2 bottles, and the removal of the "brick" from the D/C power cord is FANTASTIC. A good machine, but hope they are planning better.OFS Lady 03/79/2014Works great, too heavy, short battery spanI ordered this concentrator because I'd been using a pulse feed concentrator, and apparently I'm one of the people who doesn't do well on a pulse feed. I couldn't walk more than a couple of hundred feet without literally nearly collapsing for lack of breath. The continuous feed concentrator works great -- I can do just about anything I want with only short pauses to catch my breath.
There are just a couple of problems with it. It's much heavier than my pulse feed -- I can hardly lift it in and out of the car. It also doesn't run nearly as long as the pulse feed. I can switch over to pulse feed mode on this concentrator when I'm at rest, which extends the running time of the battery a bit, but I have to plan my life around whether there's electricity available when I reach my destination -- which isn't always the case.
Would I switch back to my pulse feed concentrator -- not a chance. Am I happy with this concentrator -- yes, with the two exceptions noted.
Would I recommend it to others? Yes, if you're having trouble with pulse feed delivery, absolutely.
James 12/353/2013Very loud motor.While the oxlife preforms well in providing oxygen and is easy to use it is very loud to the level. One has to speak loud to overcome the noise and it is impossible to sleep using the machine.Ginny 10/284/2013I like it but wish it had a longer battery lifeIt's heavy to lift if you are elderly and a bit hard to get handle to come up after it's folded away. Wish battery lasted longer we just bearly get 2 hours at 1.5 settingBen 07/195/2012Outstanding Product for Active 5-LPM UsersI refuse to let my requirements for supplemental oxygen stop me from enjoying life. When out and about, I need 5-6LPM. Thank goodness Oxlife saw the deficit in products to meet that need. My wife and I recently took a week-long trip and for the first time in 5 years, the only oxygen concentrator I took was my new Oxlife Independence. I hauled it up and down Kentucky hills during the daytime on battery, re-charged the batteries while driving between destinations, and hooked my C-PAP up to it and used it plugged into the wall-plug at night. I have owned 2 other portable concentrators and they made me feel that travel was moving into an activity I needed to give up...thank goodness my Oxlife Independence changed that. If I could give it 10 stars I would.