They are designed to support the weight of appliances attached to a stoma. They wrap around the abdomen and usually attach to loops on the bag.
- Can also be used to help support the pouch or as an alternative to adhesives for patients with sensitive skin.
- An ostomy belt may be helpful in maintaining an adequate seal when using a convex skin barrier.
- Support belts can provide additional discreetness that can help you continue to live an active lifestyle without interference from your bag.
- An ostomy support belt completely protects your urostomy or colostomy bag by securely holding it up against your body.
- This prevents your pouch from detaching from your stoma, becoming snagged or experiencing similar situations.
There are many benefits involved with wearing a support belt with your kit. Some ostomy support belts are constructed from a flexible, breathable material that easily moves with the contours of your body, allowing you to lead an active and engaging lifestyle without worry. Others are made with a lightweight stretchable material the is body hugging, and secures the pouch against your body.
A good pouch belt will also expand with your pouch as it fills, resulting in a completely comfortable user experience. Whether you're running, jumping, walking, dancing or stretching, you can rest assured that a belt will keep your appliance safely in place.
Product Features and Benefits
- Discreetly supports bags.
- Moves seamlessly with the contours of the body.
- Flexible materials expands with the bag as it fills, resulting in a more comfortable experience.