Ostomy Belt — Coloplast Assura Ostomy Belt, Ostomy Belts
Ostomy belts are designed to support the weight of ostomy appliances attached to a stoma. Ostomy belts wrap around the abdomen and usually attach to loops on the ostomy bag.
- Ostomy Belts can also be used to help support the pouch or as an alternative to adhesives for ostomy patients with sensitive skin.
- An ostomy belt may be helpful in maintaining an adequate seal when using a convex skin barrier.
- Ostomy support belts can provide additional discreetness that can help you continue to live an active lifestyle without interference from your ostomy bag.
- An ostomy support belt completely protects your urostomy or colostomy bag by securely holding it up against your body.
- This prevents your pouch from detaching from your stoma, becoming snagged or experiencing similar situations.
There are many benefits involved with wearing an ostomy belt with your ostomy kit. Some ostomy support belts are constructed from a flexible, breathable material that easily moves with the contours of your body, allowing you to lead an active and engaging lifestyle without worry. Others are made with a lightweight stretchable material the is body hugging, and secures the ostomy pouch against your body.
A good ostomy belt will also expand with your ostomy pouch as it fills, resulting in a completely comfortable user experience. Whether you're running, jumping, walking, dancing or stretching, you can rest assured than an ostomy belt will keep your appliance safely in place.
Additional Ostomy Belt Features and Benefits
- Discreetly supports ostomy bags.
- Moves seamlessly with the contours of the body.
- Flexible materials expands with the ostomy bag as it fills, resulting in a more comfortable experience.