Customers Also Bought
Mangar Archimedes Bath Lift is a convenient bath lift chair that is comfortable, easy to install, and easy to operate. The chair requires no electric cables and is entirely battery-powered. This unique bath lift chair fits far enough back in the tub to leave plenty of legroom for the individual to sit comfortably. The chair is stabilized at the bottom of the tub with four quick-release suckers. The flaps on the sides of the lift bend when they come in contact with any obstructions to avoid causing any damage while lowering into the tub. These flaps have an anti-pinch design that keeps the skin from being caught in the flaps while the lift is in motion. This bath lift chair is also designed not to lower a person into the tub if there's not enough battery power to pull them back up.
The hand control that is used to operate the lift is fully waterproof. This bath lift chair is capable of lowering within three inches of the bottom of the tub. It is easy to install and remove, making it a convenient option for a shared bathroom.
What Comes in the Box
- 1 Mangar Archimedes Bath Lift
- 1 Seat with side flaps
- 1 Base with four suction cups
- 1 Actuator
- 1 Controller
- 1 Battery Charger
- 1 User Instructions
How to Use Your Unit
- The Mangar LA3716 chair will not lower if there is not enough battery life left to raise the seat.
- Raise the chair using the 'Up' button.
- Once the chair is at the top of the tub, let go of the button.
- Lower the flaps and rest them on the edges of the tub.
- Sit on a flap and move over into the chair.
- Push the 'Down' button until you are in the position you desire.
- To exit the tub, push the 'Up' button.
Setting up the Mangar Archimedes Bath Lift
- Inspect all parts of the Mangar Archimedes.
- Plug the controller into the battery charger in a room without water and leave overnight.
- Remove the seat and the actuator from the base section.
- Dampen the suction cups.
- Put the base into the tub as far toward the back as you can.
- Make sure there is a good seal with the suction cups and that they hold well.
- Push the flaps onto the seat.
- Lower the chair onto the base poles.
- Put the top of the actuator into the latch slot on the back of the chair.
- Push until you hear a click.
- Make sure that the chair moves up and down without any resistance.
- Connect the controller with the actuator lead.
- Close the retaining clip.
- Add water to the tub.
- Use the Archimedes Bath Lift in the bathtub only.
- Make sure that the suction cups stick to the bottom of the tub before using the product.
- Verify that there are no obstacles in the way of the chair before each use.
- Make sure that the Archimedes is upright while in the water.
- Ensure that the transfer flaps have a clear path before raising the seat.
- Do not use any battery charger other than the one that came with your unit.
- Charge the battery in a dry environment in a room without any water.
- Avoid using where flammable gases or liquids are present.
- Never use the actuator unless connected to the base.
- Do not use the unit as an aid to lean over or into the tub.
- Always remove the actuator before moving the Archimedes.
- The suction cups and the hand control contain latex.
How to Disassemble
- Lower the chair all the way.
- Push the flaps onto the chair bottom.
- Locate the 'O' ring on the back of the chair just above the base.
- Pull up on the ring.
- Lift the ball from the slot in the actuator's collar.
- Push the lower latch and pull up on the chair.
- Once the actuator disengages from the slot and the bracket remove the actuator.
- Pull the seat up from the base.
- Put the Archimedes back together by reversing these steps.
Monitoring the Battery
- Push the 'Up' or 'Down' button.
- Green means you are good to go.
- Flashing greens indicate that you will need to recharge after this current use.
- Red shows that the battery needs recharging before using it again.
- You cannot replace the battery. Once it no longer works, you need to get a new hand control unit.
- Press the 'STOP' button.
- Letting go of the 'Up' and 'Down' buttons also stops the chair from moving.
How to Remove
- Lower chair all the way.
- Push the flaps onto the chair.
- Push the latch behind the chair.
- Lift the chair from the base.
- Pull up on the actuator.
- Pull the suction cup release bar and push up on the back of the base.
- Rock the base forward until the front suction cups release.
- Lift the base from the tub.
How to Charge the Battery
- Unplug the controller from the actuator.
- Plug the controller into the charger.
- Plug the charger into an outlet in a room without water.
- Charge overnight.
- Get a second or replacement charger, if you need one.
How to Clean
- Use the same detergents as you use on your bathtub.
- Remove the chair before cleaning.
- Disinfect with a sterilizing solution.
- Frequent cleaning helps extend the life of your product.
- *Clean after each bath that has an 'add-in' such as bubble bath or Epsom salts.
How to Store
- Make sure that the chair is down all the way.
- Unplug the controller.
- Recharge battery every three months.
- Remove all moisture and keep dry.
- Hook the transit tie to the chair for easy transport.
- The Archimedes by Mangar is maintenance-free (other than cleaning).
- Inspect at least once a year for damage.
- No user-serviceable parts.
- The chair does not rise - verify that the controller connects securely with the actuator lead.
- The chair does not lower - if the battery light shows red, recharge the battery. If the light is green, verify that the controller connects securely with the actuator lead.
- Lifts a person in and out of the bath
- Battery-powered hand control lowers and lifts the chair
- Easy to assemble and install
- Fits far enough back in the tub to leave plenty of leg room
- Four quick-release suckers keep the chair in place and are easy to attach and remove
- Lowers within three inches of the bottom of the tub
- Flaps that lower the tub bend on contact with obstruction to avoid causing damage
- Flaps have anti-pinch design that prevents skin from being caught when chair is in motion
- Won't lower person into tub if there's not enough battery power to get them back up
- No electric cables, battery-operated
- Hand control is fully waterproof
- Disassembles into three separate pieces for easy cleaning
- Can be easily removed from the tub, making it convenient to share a bathroom
- Product Number: LAA3702A
- Manufacturer: Mangar
- Warranty: Two-Year Limited
The parts on your unit will wear out over time. Save money by replacing those parts that are worn out rather than purchasing a whole new unit.
Product Features and Benefits
Archimedes Easy to Use Bath Lift Video (1:04 minutes)
How To Install And Use The Mangar Health Archimedes Bath Lift Video (8:37 minutes)
- 1 Mangar Archimedes Bath Lift
- Additional Information
- Seat Width15.5 Inches
- Seat Depth17 Inches
- Seat Height2.75 to 17 Inches
- Total Length24 Inches
- Weight (Seat Section)11.5 Pounds
- Weight (Base Section)6 Pounds
- Weight (Actuator)4.5 Pounds
- Total Weight22 Pounds
- Weight Capacity364 Pounds
- Unit2-Year, Limited
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Manuals & Documents