Customers Also Bought
Kinesio Tex Classic Tape
Kinesio Tape is designed as a muscle facilitator that helps support the natural healing process of your body. Kinesio Tape allows you to support your muscles while maintaining normal circulation and natural movement, something that traditional Sports Taping fails to do. Other than a general muscle support, Kinesio Tape has also been used to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, lymphedema, chronic swelling, back strains, back pain, ankle sprains, herniated discs, subluxations, knee conditions, shoulder conditions, hamstring or groin injuries, rotator cuff injuries, whiplash, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, patella tracking, pre- and post-surgical Edema, and more. Kinesio tape can even be used for common maladies like headaches and stiff muscles.
Kinesio TEX Classic Tape is the primary tape made by this manufacturer. It is well known and used throughout the world by Olympic athletes, professional athletes, licensed physical therapist and those who love sports. The "Classic" version is popular among consumers due to its lighter adhesiveness, hypoallergenic and latex-free properties. Because of these properties, it is often used to treat pediatric patients and geriatric skin. Other versions of this tape that are available include the TEX Gold and the TEX Performance+. Vitality Medical also carries Kinesio Tape Manuals that provide step by step procedures on how to prepare and apply this special sport tape.
Product Features & Benefits
- Elastic tape.
- Supports natural healing process.
- Maintains circulation and movement.
- Can even be worn for 3-5 days.
- Can we be worn during showering and sports.
- Specially designed tape scissors available.
- Water resistant.
- Original wave pattern.
- Product Numbers: GKT15014, GKT65024, GKT15034, CKT95024, CKT85125, CKT95125, CKT85024, CKT75125, CKT75024, CKT65125.
- Width Options: 1, 2 and 3 Inch.
- Length Options: 16.4 Feet, 103.3 Feet, 131 Feet.
- Color Options: Beige, Blue, Red, Black.
- Material: Cotton.
- Applications: Sports support tape for shoulders, neck, legs, back, chest, and arms.
- Latex free.
- Manufacturer: Kinesio.
How to Use Kinesio Tape
Instead of wrapping around a joint for support or other stability purposes, Kinesio taping is a unique elastic tape that is applied over muscles 24 hours a day for up to five days to support your muscles and their natural processes. We suggest purchasing one of the Kinesio tape accessories listed above to help you get started and at least a few rolls of varying widths. One great option for anyone just getting started is the Illustrated Taping Manual which covers the essentials of Kinesio taping in a step-by-step process. There is also the Kinesio Perfect Manual which covers common clinical conditions such as headaches, back pain, and muscle stiffness. Other support materials include a manual for lymphoedema patients, a manual for anyone using Kinesio tape in pediatrics, a detailed manual for use of Kinesio tape for clinical reasons, an instructional DVD with real-life taping demonstrations, and Kinesio scissors that are designed specifically for Kinesio tape.
It is also suggested that you wait one hour before participating in sports or immersing the tape in water (i.e. swimming or showering). Due to naturally accruing sweat and clamminess on hands and feet, Kinesio taping is especially useful due to its water resistance.
Product Presentations & Medical Studies
- Kinesio Taping Presentation by Jennifer Foley discusses the origin, use, and application guidelines.
- Elastic Therapeutic Taping by Gracie Forrester discusses history, modalities, usage, and resources for this therapy product.
- Yoshida, Ayako, and Leamor Kahanov. "The effect of kinesio taping on lower trunk range of motions." Research in sports medicine 15.2 (2007): 103-112.
- Kaya, Erkan, Murat Zinnuroglu, and Ilknur Tugcu. "Kinesio taping compared to physical therapy modalities for the treatment of shoulder impingement syndrome." Clinical rheumatology 30.2 (2011): 201-207.
- Marco Aurélio Nemitalla, et al. "Efficacy of adding the kinesio taping method to guideline-endorsed conventional physiotherapy in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: a randomised controlled trial." BMC musculoskeletal disorders 14.1 (2013): 301.
Tape Cutting Video (1:32 minutes)
Sports Applications Video (1:05 minutes)
Shoulder Support Video (1:32 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Kinesio Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!