How To Choose the Best Wheelchair
In order to select the right wheelchair that will best meet your specific needs, it is important to understand the different types of wheelchairs and their purpose. The graphic above display four key consideration when buying a wheelchair. Below is a graphic that depicts the different types of Medline wheelchairs and their purpose and key elements or criteria for selection.
- low cost
- operation and comfort
- low maintenance
- strong materials
- lightweight materials
- strong materials
- larger size
- high weight capacity
- ease of use
Getting the Best Wheelchair Fit
Excel User-Friendly Wheelchairs by Medline weigh only 33 pounds and offer a durable yet lightweight wheelchair. It is also lighter to push and has smooth-rolling, flat-free tires which are particularly helpful for the caregiver. It is made with a durable tig-welded frame with a gray powder coat finish to stand up to rigorous use. They are folding wheelchairs that make life easier for traveling. These wheelchairs fold to place in your car trunk. Folding wheelchairs also make it easier to carry up and down stairs or for temporary storage.
Excel Wheelchairs offer comfortable and tough nylon upholstery. The adjustable swing back desk length arm style is helpful when the user sits up to a desk or table. Choose between three different seat width sizes 16, 18 or 20 inch and between detachable footrest and detachable elevating legrest.
Medline manufactures a number of wheelchair accessories for this user-friendly, lightweight wheelchair, including the Anti-Fold and Anti Theft Device, the Anti-Tip Device, the IV Pole Attachment, and Oxygen Tank Holders. Medline also makes the Premium Ultra-Lightweight, Heavy Duty Wheelchairs, Pediatric Wheelchairs, Comfort Driven, the Extra-Wide Wheelchair, and the Excel 2000.
You may also be interested in Extra-Wide Wheelchair with a higher weight capacity.
Excel User-Friendly Features
Lightweight and User-Friendly
Portable wheelchair that is easy to carry when necessary. Simple to take up stairs or lift to place inside a car trunk.
Easily folds for storage or transport.
Adjustable Seat and Arms
The seat and arms are adjustable in height to meet individual mobility patient needs.
Breathable and Comfortable Uphostery
Seat and back fabric is made with reinforced nylon to provide greater durability, breathability and comfort.
Features and Benefits
- Fits into Trunk
- Stores Well
- Easy to Transport
- Durable Tig-Welded Frame
- Desk Length Arms
- Tool-Free Adjustable Footrests
- Flat-Free, Smooth Rolling Wheels
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Item Numbers: MDS806500E, MDS806550E, MDS806550NE, MDS806565E
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Total Weight: 33 lbs
- Arm Style: Swing Back Desk Arms
- Leg Style: Detachable Footrest or Detachable Elevating Legrest
- Latex Free: No
- Seat Options: 16" x 16", 18" x 16", 20" x 18"
- Upholstory: Nylon
- Frame: Tig-Welded w/ Gray Powder Coat Finish
- Manufacturer: Medline
- HCPCS Codes: K004, K0195, K003, E2201.
Excel Wheelchair Comparison Chart
When Do You Need Replacement Parts?
When you need replacement parts for your Medline Excel Wheelchairs, call Vitality Medical at 800-397-5899.
How to Choose a Wheelchair (14:43 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents
- Flyer contains features and benefits.
- Wheelchair Parts Information contains schematics and part numbers.
- Excel Parts Catalog offers detailed parts information for Medline wheelchairs.
- Excel Brochure provides features and benefits for this entire line of products.
- Comparing Medline Wheelchairs with Competitors contains comparison chart of features.
- Medline Durable Products Catalog offers a section on mobility aids.
- How To Select a Wheelchair presents tips and criteria for selecting the best wheelchair for your specific needs.
- Excel Owner's Manual contains instructions for operating a Medline Excel Wheelchair.
- Medline Wheelchair Quick Reference Guide provides a comparison chart of Medline wheelchairs.
- Safety Checklist contains a item-by-item list to ensure your wheelchair is in safe operating condition.
- Warranty Information offers a short summary of the Medline warranty policy for this manufacturer's wheelchairs.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!