Other Flowtron product(s)
The Huntleigh Flowtron DVT Garment Sleeve effectively provides compression deep vein thrombosis (DVT) therapy to the limbs. It's clinically proven to prevent blood clots using the specific garment types based on the patient's needs. Huntleigh manufactures garments to specifically fit the thigh, calf and foot. It's also important to purchase the correct size which include medium (standard), large and x-large bariatric sizes to ensure correct sizing. There are also sterile options when needing to ensure there isn't any cross contamination onto the skin during therapy.
Setting up for compression therapy is simple and easy, especially applying the DVT garment. There is a single garment option when only one limb is receiving therapy. Simply fold out the garment for proper placement of the limb and place on top of the garment and wrap around using the built-in hook and loop closures. It's intended to be applied to bare skin and the use of anti-embolism stockings is not recommended.
The garments are compatible with the Flowtron Excel or the Flowtron Universal pump which offers customizable compression pressure. The pump creates air compression to increase blood velocity, stimulate fibrinolysis, and improve blood flow to prevent and break down blood clots. The pump works with automatic cycles to inflate the Flowtron DVT Garment Sleeve for 12-seconds and then deflates in a 48-second cycle allowing for venous refill. Patients may recieve DVT therapy pre and post-surgery or when they are susceptible to blood clots forming and have poor blood circulation. Using deep vein thrombosis therapy reduces swelling for healthier blood flow in the veins to prevent blood clots.
The sleeves and pump are portable to use wherever the patient goes to have convenient DVT therapy. You may also need additional Flowtron accessories such as a 5 or 10-foot tubing that connects from the garment sleeve to the pump or an extra battery pack to always keep you Flowtron powered when you're unable to use an AC power cord.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy Set Up
- Range of Foot, Calf and Thigh Length Garments
- Prevents Forming of Blood Clots
- Improves Limb Blood Flow
- Reduces Swelling
- Custom Sizes for Proper Fit
- Manufacturer: Huntleigh
- (Calf) Item Numbers: DVT10, DVT10S, DVT20
- (Thigh) Item Numbers: Thigh DVT30 DTV30S, DVT40
- (Foot) Item Numbers: FG100, FG100S, FG200, FG200S
- Quantity: Each, Set of 2
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X-Large
- Calf Garment Sizes: Medium (Up to 17 Inch Circumference, Large (Up to 23 Inch Circumference, X-Large (Up to 28 inch Circumference
- Thigh Garment Sizes: Medium (Up to 28 Inch Circumference, Large (Up to 33 Inch Circumference)
- Foot Garment Sizes: Medium (Women's Shoes Size 9/Men's Size 7), Large (Women's Shoe Size 9.5 and larger/Men's 7.5 and Larger)
- Sterile: Item Numbers Ending in Letter S
- Patients needing DVT therapy before and after surgery
DVT therapy should not be used if patient has the following:
- Pulmonary embolism
- Acute deep vein thrombosis or phlebitis
- Severe vascular conditions such as arteriosclerosis
- Skin conditions where the garments will be placed such as leg ulcers, skin grafts, dermatitis or gangrene
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Huntleigh Sub Brand Flowtron
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
SOME KIND OF CHEMICAL ON THEM. AFTER USING THEM THEY
TURN BROWN IN COLOR. I RETURNED ALL OF MY STERILE
GARMENT SLEEVES AND RE-ORDERED THE NON-STERILE