Customers Also Bought
Health O Meter 500KL Scale Overview
The Health O Meter 500KL Eye Level Digital Scale is one of the most used and trusted scales in hospitals, doctor's offices, care facilities, and other professional medical settings. Featuring a built-in height rod, BMI calculation, and digital interfacing with electronic medical records (EMR) software, the 500KL scale offers exceptional value and convenience to any professional setting.
The scale that medical professionals have come to depend on has recently been upgraded to offer even more functionality. Among the upgrades are a higher weight capacity of 550 pounds as well as the patent-pending Everlock feature, which allows users to permanently lock the unit of measurement to pounds or kilograms. Other new features include recall, reweigh, and pre-tare functions.
This scale fits in seamlessly with the modern medical office. A USB port on the back of the display head allows it to communicate with computers and monitors, electronic devices, and EMR software to easily integrate with patient records. Because patients are not one-size-fits-all, the high weight capacity accommodates a wider range of body sizes and the low-height platform makes it easier for patients with limited mobility to step on and off the scale.
The Health O Meter digital scale is durable to withstand frequent use and can be powered two ways: with six AA batteries or an optional AC power adapter. The power adapter can be purchased separately (product number ADPT31) or with the scale (product number 500KLAD). The estimated battery life when the auto-off feature is activated is 7,000 readings.
Health O Meter Professional 500KL Functions
The Health O Meter Scale (500KL) offers the following functions:
- Body Mass Index
- Parent/child weighing
- Everlock to permanently lock unit of measurement
- Pound/kilogram conversion
- Pound/kilogram lockout
- Zero out
- Auto zero
- Auto off
- Pre-tare and tare
Why Buy This Scale?
Several features set the Health O Meter 500KL Eye Level Digital Scale apart as one of the most trusted scales for professional use.
Convenient BMI Calculation. The BMI function allows the patient's body mass index to be calculated with the scale.
Electronic Medical Records Connectivity. This digital scale features a USB port and will interface with computers and other devices as well as electronic medical record (EMR) software for easy integration into today's digitized medical offices.
Everlock. This option allows the scale to be permanently locked into either pound or kilogram measuring units.
Durable Low-Profile Platform. The scale platform is dent- and rust-proof to stand up to heavy use in professional medical settings. The low platform height makes it easy to safely step on and off even for patients who may have mobility issues.
Attached Height Rod. The built-in height rod is easy to use and ranges from 30 to 84 inches. When not in use, the height rod can be folded down so that it's out of the way.
Features and Benefits
- Weight Capacity of 550 Pounds to Accommodate Wide Range of Patients
- Durable Platform is Dent-Proof and Rust-Proof
- Digital Connectivity to Interface with EMR Software and Electronic Devices
- Convenient BMI Calculation Function
- Reads in Pounds or Kilograms and Can Be Locked into Preferred Unit of Measurement
- Powered with AC Adapter or AA Batteries – Battery Life up to 7,000 Readings
- Top Choice in Doctor's Offices and Medical Settings Across North America
- Important: Use extreme care while assembling this product. Do not pinch the load cell connector cable during assembly.
- Never leave a patient alone on the scale.
- Do not exceed the maximum weight capacity.
- Place the scale on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not modify the scale or use it for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Do not use near flammable or explosive materials.
- If the scale is damaged, avoid using it until it's properly serviced.
- Never transport the scale while a patient is standing on it.
- Do not pull or wheel the scale down the stairs -- it may cause internal damage to scale.
- Do not allow the scale to come into contact with liquid, high temperatures, or excess humidity.
The 500KL scale is meant for patients who can safely step on and off the platform and stand in a stable manner while being weighed and measured. A good option for pediatric patients who may not be able to stand yet is the Pediatric Beam Scale with a seat. Patients using wheelchairs can be weighed conveniently with the Wheelchair Folding Ramp Scale, which has an 800-pound capacity.
- Manufacturer: Pelstar LLC
- Brand: Health O Meter Professional
- Product Numbers: 500KL (Scale Only); 500KLAD (Scale with AC Power Adapter); ADPT31 (Power Adapter Only)
- Overall Height: 53.625 Inches
- Overall Width: 14.375 Inches
- Overall Depth: 21.125 Inches
- Platform Height: 2.375 Inches
- Platform Width: 13.75 Inches
- Platform Depth: 16.5 Inches
- Height Rod: 30 – 84.25 Inches (76 – 214 Centimeters); ⅛ Inch / 1 Millimeter Graduation
- Product Weight: 21 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 550 lbs/250 kg
- Resolution: 0.2 Pound
- Display: 1-Inch LCD
- Wheels: Two
- Power Source: 6 AA Batteries (Included with Purchase) or AC Adapter (Optional)
- Connectivity: USB; Pelstar Wireless Technology (Optional)
- Application: Professional Digital Scale
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
- Eligible for ScaleSurance Extended Warranty: Yes (See Warranty Information Below)
Manuals and Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions offers comprehensive answers to common questions about the scale
- User Manual contains product information and user instructions
- Specifications Sheet
- Especificaciones en Español
- Calibration Information
- Product Warranty Information
Health o Meter Professional Scales Company Video (3:05 minutes)
- Additional Information