Customers Also Bought
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) is designed for Wound Suction Therapy. The extriCARE 2400 uses a Vacuum Wound Pump along with a selection of specialized Suction Dressings to promote faster healing. This Wound Vacuum Pump provides negative pressure to remove wound exudates, infectious material, and tissue debris from the wound bed. The extriCARE 2400 also brings blood to the wound area to promote a healthier environment for the wound. Weighing less than 1 pound, the extriCARE 2400 Wound Vacuum Pump is much smaller than competing models which often weight 20 pounds or more. The extriCare 2400 Pump is slightly larger than a cell phone. The extriCARE 2400 small size combined with it lightweight makes it portable, allowing the wound patient to undergo Negative Pressure Wound Vacuum Therapy continuously. A carrying case provides Wound Vacuum Therapy patients with an easy and non-discrete wound therapy session. Equipped with a rechargeable battery, the extriCARE Wound Suction Pump can provide up to 30 hours of continuous wound suction between charges. A drainage tube connects to a canister attached to the extriCARE 2400 Wound Vacuum Pump that collects exudates and bodily fluid. An optional Y-Connector bridging kit allows the Wound Therapy Patient to treat multiple wounds at the same time.
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Components
- extriCARE 2400 Wound Vacuum Pump.
- 100 cc canister.
- Battery Charger AC Cord.
- Internal rechargeable lithium ion battery.
- Operators manual.
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Features & Benefits
- Easy to use digital interface.
- Quickly select pressure from a range of 60 to 140 mmHg.
- Select between continuous or intermittent suction modes.
- Built-in safety alarms.
- Lightweight and small size contribute to the Wound Pump’s high portability.
- Rechargeable battery last up to 30 hours.
- Anatomically fitted wound dressings.
- Treat multiple wounds simultaneously.
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Specifications
- extriCARE 2400 Wound Suction Therapy Product Number: 2400.
- Width: 1.46”
- Height: 5.67”
- Depth: 1.46”
- Weight: 8.6 oz.
- Pressure Range Options: 60 to 140 mmHg.
- Barometric Pressure Range: 800 to 1060 hPA.
- Vacuum Modes: Continuous or Intermittent.
- Protection Against Electrical Shock: Class II.
- Patient Protection: Type B
- Power Input: 100 to 240 V.3, 50/60 Hz, 0.4 Amp.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium.
- Battery Charge Life Between Charges: Up to 30 hours.
- Manufacturer: extriCARE USA
- HCPCS code: E0624.
- Estimated Product Life: 3 years.
- extriCARE 2400 Wound Vacuum Pump Warranty: 1 year.
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Precautions & Warnings
Extra care and precautions are necessary when using wound suction therapy for the following patient conditions:
- Enteric fistulas.
- Protection of periwound skin.
- Circumferential dressing application
- Intermittent versus continuous pressure
- Transmission of infectious agents
- Bleeding and hemorrhage.
- Hemostasis, anticoagulants, and platelet aggregation inhibitors.
- Friable vessels and infected blood vessels.
- Vascular anastomosis.
- Infected wounds.
- Exposed organs, vessels, nerves, tendons, and ligaments.
- Sharp edges (bone fragments).
- Dressing being retained in wound.
- Use in MRI environment.
- Use in hyperbaric chamber environment.
- Use with defibrillation.
- Patient size and weight.
- Use near vagus nerve (bradycardia).
- Patients with spinal cord injury.
extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Contraindications
- Exposed vasculature.
- Exposed bone or tendons.
- Exposed nerves.
- Exposed anastomotic site.
- Necrotic tissue with eschar present.
- Untreated osteomyelitis.
- Non-enteric and unexplored fistulas.
- Malignancy in the wound.
Dr. Martin Winkler Discusses extriCARE 2400 Video (3:43 minutes)
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy - extriCARE™ Pump Operation Video (5:15 minutes)
extriCARE™ Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing Application Video (3:47 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!