Customers Also Bought
Calcium Alginate Dressings by McKesson are rectangle, sheet dressings that are used as a primary dressing that is designed to be cut to fit wounds with moderate to heavy exudate. The dressings absorb wound fluid while helping to maintain a moist wound environment. The seaweed-derived alginate turns to a moist gel mass material when saturated, helping to regenerate skin and expedite the healing process. Requires a secondary dressing.
Indications: Wounds with moderate to heavy exudate. May help absorb minor bleeding.
Contraindications: Patients with a known hypersensitivity to the product itself or to its components.
Change Frequency: Change dressing as directed by a healthcare professional.
Recommended Secondary Dressings: Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing depending on the amount of exudate and frequency of dressing change.
Calcium Alginate Dressing Features and Benefits:
- Helps Absorb Moderate to Heavy Amounts of Wound Exudate and May Help Control Minor Bleeding.
- Can Be Used to Fill Amounts of Wound Exudate and May Help Control Minor Bleeding.
- A Secondary Dressing Is Needed to Hold Alginates In Place and to Protect the Wound From Outside Contaminants.
- Optimal Gelling Profile Allows Dressing to Avoid Sticking to the Wound Bed and Helps Maintain Physical Integrity to Allow Removal From the Wound In One Place.
- Highly Absorptive, Non-Occlusive.
- May Be Trimmed to Fit Wound Dimensions.
- Do Not Reuse.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
Calcium Alginate Dressing Specifications:
- Manufacturer: McKesson
- Application: Calcium Alginate Dressing
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 4" x 8"
- Material: Calcium Alginate
- Shape: Rectangle
- Sterility: Sterile
- Latex Free: Yes
- HCPCS Code: A6197
- UNSPSC Code: 42311540
- Product Number: 3563
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Shipping & Returns