Customers Also Bought
3B Medical Lumin Bullet CPAP Hose Cleaner is a specialized germicidal ultraviolet (UV) radiation LED light that is high-powered and extremely effective. The Lumin Bullet protects your continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) tubing from fungi, mold, viruses, and bacteria. It also prevents harmful pathogens from getting in your tubing and keeps you from becoming sick. When using your Lumin Cleaner, you are compliant with your manufacturer's CPAP equipment cleaning requirements.
3B Lumin Bullet Profile
3M Lumin Bullet CPAP Hose Sanitizer keeps you healthy. You can eliminate chronic cold symptoms, running nose, coughing, and post-nasal drip that often accompany unclean continuous positive airway pressure equipment. CPAP hoses use warm-moist air to provide comfortable breathing during sleep, which results in improved sleeping habits and the feeling of rest in the morning. However, this warm-moist environment can be a breeding ground for harmful microorganisms. This device uses a LED UV light spectrum that kills biological threats like viruses and mold. This continuous positive airway pressure cleanser operates with a highly effective energy light, which is ideal for keeping your tubing clean and disinfected. This process will help reduce the risk of infections.
The device comes with a USB charging cord to recharge the battery and a sanitizing UV probe that does the "heavy-lifting" of cleansing your hose. The battery lasts up to 30-uses between charges.
The Lumin Bullet Sanitizer is universally compatible with nearly every brand and style of continuous positive airway pressure hose and heated tubing. The only incompatible hose currently known is the ResMed ClimateLineAir Heated Tube for the AirSense 10. To maintain physical-breathing health and habits, it is recommended to use your continuous positive airway pressure tubing cleaner at least twice a week and to replace your hose quarterly. Not only is your hose important to clean regularly, but your CPAP mask also needs to be cleaned. 3B Medical makes the Lumin CPAP Mask Sanitizer to clean masks, dentures, toothbrush, dental guards, and anything else that will fit into the cleaning chamber.
- Lumin Bullet
- Sanitizing Probe
- USB Charging Cord
- User Manual
Product Features and Benefits
- Universal Compatibility
- Comes with a Rechargeable Battery
- Does Not Have a Harmful Ozone
- Keeps Your Hose Bacteria Free
- Kills Germs and Mold
- Kill Fungus and Harmful Microorganisms
- Safe Disinfecting
- No Harmful Ozone
- Powerful Germicidial UVC Light
- 1-Minute Disinfecting
- Stops Biofilm Formation
- Battery Lasts Up To 30 Uses Before Recharging
- USB Charging
- Weighs Less Than One Pound
- Portable for Vacations or Business Trips
- Cleans Your Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Hose from the Inside, Out
- Fast 60-second Cleaning Cycle
- Slim Portable Design
- Built-in Safety Relays
- Product Number: LM4000
- Width: 2.5 Inch
- Height: 2.5 Inch
- Length: 8.5 Inch
- Weight: 10.5 oz.
- Max Altitude: Up to 6,651 feet
- Compliance: Part 18 of the FCC Rules
- Conforms to: UL STD 61010-1, 61010-2-040
- Certification: CSA STD C22.2 No.61010-1, 61010-2-040
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Hose Compatibility: Universal
- HCPCS Code: E1399
- Manufacturer: 3B Medical
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
This disinfecting device cleanses continuous positive airway pressure hoses to meet PAP equipment manufacturer's recommended cleaning instructions. The design of the Lumin Bullet is for home use. It sanitizes continuous positive airway pressure hoses and heated tubing.
- The cleansing device is not a toy and should not be used by children.
- The product includes a powerful UV light.
- Do not use near sinks, bath tubs, pools or any bodies of water to avoid electrical shock.
- This device uses powerful magnets. Use caution in the vicentity of anyone with an implated medical device affected by magnets, such as pacemeakers or internal defibrillators.
- Use this disinfecting machine only for its intended use. Any other use may impair the personal protection built into the device.
- Do not operate the device in the open position. The instrument shuts off automatically when open. Do not defeat or tamper with this safety feature. UVC light can damage exposed skin and eyesight.
This CPAP santizer fits nearly every brand of continuous positive airway pressure hose and heated tubing. Just place the probe inside the tubing and then the tubing into the chamber. It's that easy!
USB Rechargable Battery
This portable hose sanitizer comes with a rechargeable battery. The battery lasts for up to 30 uses between changes. Take it with you on business trips and vacations.
Sanitize and Disinfect CPAP Hose
Powerful germicidal UVC light kills germs, mold, fungi, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms. It only takes 60-seconds to decontaminate your continuous positive airway pressure hose.
- Charge system by plugging in USB cord.
- The device will glow RED while charging, and then GREEN when fully charged.
- Remove the sanitizing probe and place inside continuous positive airway pressure tubing so that there is enough tubing hanging over both sides to pull the tubing.
- Place the tubing and sanitizing probe into the shell, you will feel the magnets grab the probe.
- Close the shell and slide the clasp until the shell locks. The device activates when the shell closes and locks.
- Pull the tubing through the shell all the way to the right, then back to the left, ensuring you cover the entire length of tubing twice.
- The process should take 30-60 seconds for optimal disinfection.
- Unlock the shell, open the lid and remove the hose. Remove the probe from the tube.
- You continuous positive airway pressure hose is now ready to use.
How to Use the Lumin Bullet CPAP Hose Sanitizing Cleaner
- Plug your Bullet in a charge using the USB cord to the bottom of the device
- It has a charging light the glows red during charging and will switch to green when the bullet is fully charged
- Remove Bullet, place your tubing inside with enough hanging out to adjust the tubing
- Place your device in the shell, you will feel a connection by magnets
- Lock the shell (the Bullet is now activated)
- Pull your tubing back and forth for 30-60 seconds for maximum disinfection
- Remove from the device, you're bullet is now ready for use
How Does it Work?
This device uses a UVC-LED, high-powered germicidal UV light that produces 90 percent energy that is generated close to 254nm. It provides the most lethal wave to harmful micro-organisms. It provides a dose of UV-C within a one minute cycle that sufficiently kills mold and bacteria from the surface of the hose.
UV Light Effects Chart
How Do You Clean this Device?
This device is easily cleaned by using a moist cloth, simply wipe it down. Do not submerge the Bullet in water or use harsh cleaning supplies. Do not drop your device to prevent damage.
Is UV Light an Effective Disinfectant?
Medical studies find that UV light is an effective method of destroying harmful microorganisms. While the use of ozone to sanitize CPAP equipment produces negative respiratory side effects, the FDA has not found any adverse effects of UV light.1 "Ultraviolet light (UV) light holds considerable promise in food processing as an alternative to traditional thermal processing. Its applications include pasteurization of juices, post lethality treatment for meats, treatment of food contact surfaces and to extend the shelf-life of fresh produce."2 Fresh food products processed with UV light as a germicidal is less expensive and safer than other procedures. Water treated with UV light to produce drinking water and liquids disinfected with UV light is an alternative to pasteurization.3 "The advantages of u.v. include easy installation, low expense, and no adverse effects on water or plumbing."4
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure contains features and benefits for this cleansing device.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Manufacturer White Paper presents results of product testing.
Product Introduction Video (0:42 minutes)
How to Use the CPAP Cleaner Video (0:30 minutes)
- 1 Voelker, Rebecca. "Warning About Cleaning CPAP Devices With Ozone Gas, UV Light." Jama 323.13 (2020): 1236-1236. (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- 2 Koutchma, Tatiana. "UV light for processing foods." Ozone: Science and Engineering 30.1 (2008): 93-98. (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- 3 Guerrero-Beltr· n, J. A., and G. V. Barbosa-C· novas. "Advantages and limitations on processing foods by UV light." Food science and technology international 10.3 (2004): 137-147. (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- 4 Liu, Zeming, et al. "Efficacy of ultraviolet light in preventing Legionella colonization of a hospital water distribution system." Water Research 29.10 (1995): 2275-2280. (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- Lopez-Malo, Aurelio, and Enrique Palou. "Ultraviolet light and food preservation." Novel food processing technologies (2005): 405-422.
- Keklik, N. M., K. Krishnamurthy, and Ali Demirci. "Microbial decontamination of food by ultraviolet (UV) and pulsed UV light." Microbial decontamination in the food industry. Woodhead Publishing, 2012. 344-369. (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- Jones, Kristi L. "3B Lumin and Disinfection of CPAP Accessories." (Last Accessed June-18-2020)
- Additional Information