This product is subject to a 3-5 day lead time before shipping.
Respironics CoughAssist T70 helps with the removal of bronchial secretions. The Cough-Assist T70 is safe, simple and effective Mechanical Insufflation-Exsufflation Device. The Cough Assist Mechanical Insufflator-Exsufflator, or Cofflator, safely and effectively clears retained bronco-pulmonary secretions, reducing the risk of Respiratory complications. It comes standard with an adjustable internal inhale-flow restrictor, a simpler breathing circuit, and an optional mobile stand.
The ability to cough is essential to a healthy airway. The airway linings produce mucus which trap dirt and bacteria. This mixture of mucus, dirt and bacteria can be harmful if allowed to accumulate. Coughing is the body's way of clearing mucus form the lungs and airways. Many respiratory diseases cripple the body's ability to cough by weakening the muscles in the rib cage, neck and abdomen. This weakened condition hampers the ability of your body to remove secretions, increasing the chance of respiratory infections. If coughing becomes to difficult for patients, doctors often prescribe the use of Mechanical Coughing Therapy. The Respironics Cough Assist T70 is a mechanical insufflation-exsufflation device that simulates natural coughing by gradually delivering a large volume of air to your lungs. The process of breathing in constitutes positive pressure, followed by a negative pressure of quickly breathing out or coughing helps remove the mucus secretions trapped in your airways. The Respironics CoughAssist T70 enhances your cough to produce a more effective clearing of your airways. The addition of the CoughAssist feature, called the Cough-Trak, allows you to synchronize treatment with your own breathing patterns.How does the Cough Assist work? Using a process called mechanical insufflation-exsufflation, the CoughAssist gradually applies a positive pressure to the airway followed by a rapid shift to negative pressure. This rapid shift produces a high expiratory flow from the lungs, simulating a cough. The technique avoids airway damage and offers an alternative to an invasive procedure while still offering patients greater comfort and quality of life.
What conditions does the Cough Assist treat?The Cough-Assist has been proven effective for patients with an insufficient ability to cough due to:
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Or any other neurological disorder with some paralysis of the respiratory muscles, such as a spinal cord injury
- Any patient unable to cough or clear secretions effectively due to reduced peak cough expiratory flow (less than 3 liters per second), resulting from high spinal cord injuries, neuromuscular deficits or severe fatigue associated with intrinsic lung disease is a candidate for the CoughAssist.
- Any patient with a history of bullous emphysema, known susceptibility to pneumothorax, or pneumo-mediastinum, or known to have had any recent barotrauma, should consult seriously with a physician before using.
How is the CoughAssist T70 used?
The Cough Assist is versatile enough to be used with a facemask or mouthpiece Additionally, the Cough Assist can work with an adapter to a patient's endotracheal or tracheostomy tube. It is also safe enough to be used on both adult and pediatric patients at home or in a hospital/institutional environment. Cough Assist is a noninvasive respiratory therapy that safely removes secretions from patients suffering with an ineffective ability to cough. The Cough Assist Device clears secretions by gradually applying a positive pressure to the airway, then rapidly shifting to negative pressure. The rapid shift in pressure produces a high expiratory flow, simulating a natural cough.
Respironics Cough-Assist T70 Components
- CoughAssist T70.
- SD Card.
- Hose Clip.
- Air Filter.
- 6 Foot Patient Circuit.
- Adult Large Mask.
- AC Power Cord.
- Carry Case.
CoughAssist T70 Mechanical In-Exsufflation Device Features & Benefits
- Removes secretions from the lungs.
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections.
- Safe, noninvasive alternative to suctioning.
- Easy for patients and caregivers to operate.
- Safe use with tracheostomy tubes for patients with ALS.
- Expels 29% more mucus than deep suctioning.
- Improves SpO2 in ALS patients receiving mechanical ventilation via Tracheostomy tube.
- Clears airways for longer periods of time than tracheal suctioning and with fewer complications.
- Less irritating, less painful, less tiring, and less uncomfortable than tracheal suctioning.
- Minimizes the risk of pneumonia and infections.
Respironics CoughAssist T70 Specifications
- Width: 11.5'
- Height: 9.1'
- Depth: 7.5'
- Weight: 8.4 lbs.
- Weight with Detachable Battery: 9.4 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 5 CÂ° to 35Â° C.
- Relative Humidity: 15 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric pressure: 101 kPa to 77 kPa.
- Preset Capability: 3.
- Operation Modes: Manual and Auto.
- CoughAssist Maximum Positive Pressure: 70 cm H2O
- CoughAssist Maximum Negative Pressure: -70 cm H2O
- Triggering: Cough-Trak on/off. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Inhale Flow: Low, Medium, High.
- Inspiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Expiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Pause Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode or if Cough-Trak is enabled)
- Respironics CoughAssist T70 Product Number: 1098160 (This model replaces the CA-3000 CoughAssist Automatic and the CM-3000 CoughAssist Manual)
- Manufacturer: Respironics.
- Respironics CoughAssist T70 Warranty: 1 year limited on T70, 90 days mask.
Vitality Medical is only authorized to sell and ship Respironics products to end-users residing in the United States.
Manufacturers Note: Philips Respironics recommends that new patients purchase their devices, masks and initial accessories from a homecare company that can provide an individualized patient equipment set-up, clinical and after-sales support, and a program to assist patients with therapy success.
Additional Note: MSRP for Respironics CoughAssist with Full Local Support is $7,300, with Limited Support $6,999, or with Vitality Medical's Special Online Support $4,600.
NOTICE: U.S. Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on order of a physician.
CoughAssist T70 Mechanical In-Exsufflation Device (9:25 minutes)
Cough Assist T70 Video (7:05 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Respironics Sub Brand No Ships Free Yes Size Chart No Latex Free Contains Latex Ply No Sterility No Scent No Size No Compression No Thickness No Woven / Non-Woven No Material No Gender No Absorption No
Top Rated Customer Reviews - See All Reviews
- A lifesaver
I have ALS and difficulty getting the mucus from my chest and lungs. Since I began using the cough assist my lungs are totally clear, my blood oxygen has risen to an average of 96 without oxygen where before it was around 90. This product was first used in a hospital and most of the doctors and nurses were very skeptical when we took it out of the box. Once it was set up we turned it on and on the very first try I was able to easily cough up mucus. Within one day I was totally clear. The respiratory doctor ordered one for his clinic. An outstanding new product. Thank you so much.
- The famous Cough Assist- A review
The Cough Assist is a reliable, best and safe therapy. It removes the patient’s secretions slowly who are not able to cough on their own. The cough assist will gradually apply positive pressure to the airway and then it shifts quickly to negative pressure. This fast shift in the change of the pressure gives high expiratory flow resulting in natural cough. Thanks to Vitality Medical for high quality product at great price!!
- Cough Assist Review
It was great help for me while I was having lung inflammation. I had to cough like crazy and it was always painful before getting this. With this, though it doesn't stop coughing itself, you can do it more easily. I would highly recommend to buy it those who have bronchial disease quite often like me.
- This cough aid gadget gave me relief.
I've been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. The illness turned my life upside down. Before I was a very active person but because of this, my movements have been limited. One painful thing for me is when I have dry cough or I have colds. In which cases I cannot really cough out normally because I can feel pain and there are times that I cannot move.With this device, I am now able to get all the phlegm out without me getting the painful feeling associated with my coughing. Thanks for this technology.
- Can't live without it
My husband is a C-3 spinal cord injury and this has been a life changer. He was lucky enough to be admitted right after the injury to a major spinal cord injury hospital who used the cough assist soon after the accident. Neither hospital in the town where we live has ever heard of this device so I had to bring in ours from home. After training the staff, they have purchased some to be used on the hospitalized patients. The old cough assist didn't have a battery and kept us home most of the time, suctioning alone does not do the job, nor does abdominal thrusts that used to be essential. We now have this new version with a battery. We are able to get out of the house a lot more now without the fear of him choking on a mucus plug or me breaking his ribs with a quad cough. I always use the cough assist when suctioning. 2.5 sec in, pause 2.5 sec, repeat 2 more times, then exhalation 2 sec, then suction. This has been a miracle sequence.
- very satisfied with product
extreme ease of use, excellent functionality, compact and unobtrusive for in home use
Product QuestionsDear Sirs,
I purchased some Respironics Cough Assisst T70 by 3900$ each. Can I order one another with the same price?