Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing is a Hydrogel colloidal sheet dressing designed for first aid treatment and Wound Care Treatment. The Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing is used to treat burns. Approved by the FDA, Medihoney HCS is an advanced Wound and Burn Dressing with Leptospermum Honey (Manuka Honey). Developed by Derma Sciences, Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing does not require a prescription and can be purchased "over the counter". This Hydrogel Dressing is primarily used for the treatment of first and second degree burns and is also a first choice to help manage chronic and stalled wounds. Medihoney Hydrogel Dressings can also be used to treat acute wounds. Formulated with Manuka Honey and hydrogel, Medihoney Hydrogel HCL Dressings do not adhere to the wound bed and help provide a moist wound environment to promote healing and to help clean and debride necrotic tissue.
This Hydrogel Dressing is available in two options--with an adhesive border or without an adhesive border. Several dressing size options and configurations are available, including a square 2.4 x 2.4 Inch dressing, a 4.33 x 4.33 Inch square dressing, and an adhesive square dressing measuring 2.8 x 2.8 Inches with an additional 1-1/2 Inch border. There is also a 4.5 x 4.5 dressing with a 2.5 inch adhesive border. Medihoney HCS Dressing is cooling and soothing upon application. This hydrogel dressing works well with dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing Features & Benefits
- Shown to help wound heal that have stalled under first-line treatment.
- Provides high osmolarity in cleansing and debridement.
- Low pH helps to decrease protease activity.
- Continues effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing Specifications
- Medihoney Hydrogel HCS Dressing Product Numbers: 31622, 31644, 31722, 31744.
- Dressing Options
- 2.4 x 2.4 Inch Dressing
- 4.33 x 4.33 Inch Dressing
- 2.8 x 2.8 Inch Pad, 4.3 x 4.3 Inch with adhesive border.
- 4.5 x 4.5 Inch Pad, 6 x 6 Inch with adhesive border.
- Active Leptospermum Honey (Manuka Honey).
- Leptospermum Honey constitutes 63%.
- Application: Dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
- Manufacturer: Derma Sciences.
- Brand: Medihoney HCS.
Derma Sciences Medihoney Osmotic Activity and pH Modulation
Medihoney Wound Preparation Guide (0.28 minutes)
Medihoney Dressing Removal Guidelines (0:30 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Yatin on Jan 27, 2016 5:30:28 AMHello Yatin: According to DermaScience, the manufacturer, “change frequency depends on the condition of the patient as well as the level of wound exudates. MEDIHONEY® dressings should be reapplied when the secondary dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or as directed by a wound care professional.”Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 1, 2016 1:57:00 PM