Fleet Enema is used as a laxative to promote bowel movement or to relieve constipation. Patients who experience three or less bowel movements each week may benefit from the use of one of the Fleet Enema options. Patients with hard, dry stools may also benefit from using Fleet Enemas. All enemas are administered rectally, not orally. Fleet Enemas use monobasic sodium phoshate monohydrate, dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate, mineral oil, or bisacodyl as active ingredients. Available in three distinctive options, Fleet Enemas come in a saline laxative—Fleet Adult Enema & Fleet Child Enema Pediatric, a lubricant laxative—Fleet Mineral Oil Enema, and as a bisocodyl laxative or a stimulant laxative—Fleet Bisacodyl Enema. These Fleet enemas work by drawing water into the colon which helps to provide bowel movement or by stimulating the intestine to increase rhythmic action that promotes fecal elimination.
Starting at: $1.47
When to Use a Fleet Enema
- Treat constipation.
- Treat impacted bowels.
- Clean the bowel.
- Prep for surgery.
- Prep for xrays.
- Prep for endoscopy.
Fleet Enema Features & Benefits
- Provides soft stool mass and increased bowel action.
- Ideal or bowel cleansing before undergoing a rectal exam.
- Quick action in 1 to 20 minutes depending on the Fleet Enema choice. Most patients show results within 5 minutes.
Fleet Enema Contraindications
Fleet Enema should not be used by patients with the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Low levels of potassium, sodium phosphorus, or magnesium.
Fleet Enema Specifications
- Latex free.
- Active Ingredients: monobasic sodium phoshate monohydrate, dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate, mineral oil, or bisacodyl.
Fleet Enema Comparison
Fleet Enema Options
How to Use a Fleet Enema?
- Apply Fleet Enema solution rectally while lying down on your left side or in a knee-chest position.
- Applicator tips for Fleet Enema, Fleet Mineral Oil Enema and Fleet Bisacodyl are lubricated with petroleum jelly for ease of insertion into the rectum.
- Attempt to hold the enema solution until the urge to evacuate is strong, but no longer than 10 minutes.
Fleet Enema Use Instructions