Other Portex product(s)
Acapella Flutter Valve is a Respiratory and acapella device used for Breathing Therapy that combines the benefits of PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions. Manufactured by Portex, the Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve can be used sitting down, standing or reclined. Another benefit to PEP therapy and a vibratory flutter valve is that it is much easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT) and takes half the time of a conventional CPT session. Technically speaking, the flutter valve facilitates the opening of airways in patients with lung disease who have secretory problems such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, or Cystic Fibrosis. The vibratory flutter valve comes with instructions as well on how to operate the device and optimally use it to your benefit.
Two Options with the Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve
There are two color-coded options when using the Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve, blue and green. The blue model is low-flow, working less than 15 liters per minute (LPM) for three seconds, and the green model of this acapella device is high flow, working more than 15 LPM for three seconds. If you are unsure which model you are best suited for, we suggest consulting your doctor. Each flutter valve model is designed based on clinical needs. You can, however, adjust the Acapella PEP therapy device's frequency and flow resistance by adjusting a dial.
Portex also manufactures an Acapella Valve that disassembles for cleaning called Acapella Choice. The Acapella Flutter Valve can be easily cleaned by removing the mouth piece, rinsing with warm soapy water and letting it air dry.
Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve Features & Benefits
- Combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any spatial orientation.
- Can accommodate virtually any lung capacity and therefore any patient.
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece Nebulizer.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removal from mouth.
- Cough Assist aspiratory valve.
- Expiratory resistance dial.
- Incorporates PEP therapy and vibratory flutter valve
Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve Specifications
- Acapella Valve Product Numbers: 21-1015, 21-1530.
- Blue model: <15 LPM for three seconds.
- Green model: >15 LPM for three seconds.
- Patented rocker mechanism.
- 22 mm OD ambient end.
- 22 mm OD patient end.
- Manufacturer: Portex.
- HCPCS code: E0484.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Maria Burke on Mar 31, 2016 8:10:48 PMNo answers yet. Be the first to answer the question!Does one need a prescription from dr. Before purchasing Acapella device? I was told you do
- Great product