Other Portex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Portex Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Device (Smiths Medical 27-7000 & 27-8000) from Portex is a respiratory breathing therapy device that vibrates to break up mucus and promotes respiratory secretions. The device can be used with the respiratory patient in any position relative to gravity, including sitting down, standing or reclined. The Acapella Choice Green Valve helps to open airways in patients with lung disease who have secretory problems such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis, or Asthma. This major advantage of this product over other Portex valves is that it disassembles for cleaning.
In addition, this Mucus Clearance Device has an adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings. Treatment times for patients can be performed in less than half the time of standard chest physiotherapy sessions, too. When patients use the Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Device, they do not have to remove the device from their mouth for inhalation. It features a one-way inspiratory valve that allows this to be possible.
Product Features & Benefits
- Adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings.
- Incorporates PEP therapy and vibratory valve that vibrates when in use.
- Combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to promote pulmonary secretions.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removal from mouth.
- Serves as a Mucus Clearance Device.
- Disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing.
- Equipped with a numbered expiratory resistance dial to adjust frequency.
- Accommodates nearly any lung capacity.
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece nebulizer.
- One-way inspiratory valve allows inhalation without removal of mouth.
- Functional in any position--standing, sitting or Trendelenburg.
- Product Numbers: 27-7000, 27-8000
- Colors: Green, Blue
- Distal: 22mm OD. Accommodates nebulizer connection via tee adaptor.
- Proximal: 22mm OD. Accommodates mouthpiece or mask.
- 10LPM expiratory flow requirement.
- Single patient use.
- Manufacturer: Portex.
- Brand: Portex.
- HCPCS code: E0484.
Usage Instructions for Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy Valve
- Thoroughly clean hands before use
- Set the dial at the back of the device at the physician recommended setting
- After placing the mouthpiece in your mouth, breathe in deeply
- With the device remaining in your mouth, hold breath for 2-3 seconds
- Breathe out for 6-9 seconds with the mouthpiece still place
- Repeat as recommended, usually around 10-20 times
- After this process has been repeated, remove the mouthpiece
- Do 2-3 huff coughs with an open mouth
- Clean daily
Device Cleaning Instructions
- Clean hands before disassembling the device
- It is recommended to clean every day by soaking in warm water with liquid dish soap
- Every week, disinfect the Acapella with one of the follow options:
- Boiling—Use sterile or distilled water heated to the boiling point (100 C or 212 F) for 5 minutes
- Dishwasher—Place the parts on the top rack of the dishwasher and run normally
- Alcohol—Parts can be soaked for 5 minutes and rinsed with sterile water. Be sure to use 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Hydrogen Peroxide— Soak parts for 30 minutes then rinse with sterile water
- Glutaraldehyde— able to be cleaned using cold sterilization
- Be sure all parts are completely dry before reassembling
Warnings and Precautions
- Not microwaveable
- Do not use bleach
How to Disassemble and Assemble
- Detach the mouthpiece with a simple pull.
- Locate the three ribs close to the mouthpiece. Using thumb and forefinger press gently and lift to a 90 degree angle. Detach by then pulling up.
- Find the grooved surface on the base. Place thumb and forefinger on either side and gently lift up the rocker from the base unit.
- It is important to make sure the rocker arm does not separate from the platform base. These pieces should remain intact.
- First attach rocker assembly and its platform base by gently pressing down.
- Align the hinges into the base unit and lower until you hear a click.
- Return cover to original placement.
- Press top and bottom of unit firmly while attaching the mouthpiece.
Product Information and Documents
Product Instructional Video (8:26 minutes)
- Additional Information