Other Portex product(s)
Acapella Choice Flutter Valve from Portex is a Respiratory Breathing Therapy device that promotes respiratory secretions. The Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve can be used with the respiratory patient in any position relative to gravity, including sitting down, standing or reclined. The flutter valve helps to open airways in patients with lung disease who have secretory problems such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis, or Asthma. This major advantage of this Acapella Valve over other Portex Acapella Valves is that it disassembles for cleaning.
In addition, the Acapella Choice Flutter Valve has an adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings. Treatment times for patients can be performed in less than half the time of standard chest physiotherapy sessions, too. When patients use the Choice, they do not have to remove the device from their mouth for inhalation. Choice Flutter Valve features a one-way inspiratory valve that allows this to be possible.
Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve Features & Benefits
- Adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings.
- Incorporates PEP therapy and vibratory flutter valve
- Combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to promote pulmonary secretions.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removal from mouth.
- Serves as a Cough Assist aspiratory valve.
- Disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing.
- Equipped with a numbered expiratory resistance dial to adjust frequency.
- Accommodates nearly any lung capacity.
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece nebulizer.
- One-way inspiratory valve allows inhalation without removal of mouth.
- Functional in any position--standing, sitting or Trendelenburg.
Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy Flutter Valve Specifications
- Acapella Choice Flutter Valve Product Numbers: 27-7000.
- Distal: 22mm OD. Accommodates nebulizer connection via tee adaptor.
- Proximal: 22mm OD. Accommodates mouthpiece or mask.
- 10LPM expiratory flow requirement.
- Single patient use.
- Manufacturer: Portex.
- Brand: Acapella Choice.
- HCPCS code: E0484.
Acapella Choice Flutter Valve Video (8:26 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI receive one in the hospital and it is a bit beat-up. Is a prescription required for a new one?Question by: Greg on Apr 9, 2015 12:48:00 PMMy pulmonary specialist recommended it to me, and I ordered one from Vitality Medical with no prescription needed.Answer by: Joanne on Apr 9, 2015 2:46:32 PMThis specific flutter valve does not require a prescription.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 18, 2016 4:17:00 PMI have been diagnosed with moderate bronchiectasis. Do not have a strong productive cough. Would the Acapella Choice be effective for me. I am a small frame, light weight 81 year old female. Would washing it once daily be sufficient for a twice daily use?Question by: Rosemary Schmidt on Jun 28, 2017 3:40:00 PMWe do not employ any medical professionals and therefore cannot answer any specific questions regarding this item. We recommend speaking with your physician for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 29, 2017 12:31:00 PM
the previous unit i bought here was even worse. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I disassemble unit and wash in hot soapy water. Any thoughts?