Customers Also Bought
XtraSorb® is a Super Absorbent Dressing from Derma Sciences for Wound Care. The core for the XtraSorb super-absorbent dressing uses polymer technologies to dramatically improve the capabilities of the dressings versus conventional moist wound dressings. Whereas other absorbent dressings (including foam dressings, ABD pads, and other cellulose-based dressings) rely on spaces within the dressings to fill with fluid, XtraSorb’s super-absorbent polymers bind fluid and convert it to a gel. The XtraSorb advantage over traditional first-line dressings include holding more fluid, reducing the risk of maceration by locking fluid inside the dressing, and keeping harmful wound exudate away from the wound and periwound skin. XtraSorb Dressings provide excellent moisture management as well as balance for wound healing.
XtraSorb HCS is a Hydrogel Dressing that employs a super absorbent polymer-based hybrid of a hydrogel and Hydrocolloid Dressing. The combination of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose and Derma Science’s SAP gel formulation offers wound patients hydration to non-exuding wounds.
XtraSorb HCS Super Absorbent Hydrogel Dressings Features & Benefits
- Combination Hydrogel Dressing and Hydrocolloid Dressing.
- Two to four times more absorption than standard Foam Dressings.
- Locks wound fluid away from the wound and surrounding skin.
- SAP layer provides additional cushioning and pressure redistribution.
- Requires fewer dressing changes.
- 50% water content provides cooling and soothing comfort for wound patients.
- Extremely conformable dressing for difficult to dress body areas.
- 100% atraumatic adhesion across the wound contact surface of the dressing.
- Provides adherence to the wound without disrupting the wound bed upon removal.
- Completely clear for easy wound inspection.
- Gelatin-free dressing that reduces odor common with other hydrocolloid dressings.
XtraSorb HCS Super Absorbent Hydrogel Dressings Specifications
- Width Size Options: 2.3, 3, 4.3, 6, and 8 Inch.
- Length Options: 2.3, 3, 4.3, 6, and 8 Inch.
- Shape: Square.
- Adhesion Options: Non-Adhesive Pads and Pads with Adhesive Border.
- Manufacturer: Derma Sciences.
- Brand: XtraSorb.
- HCPCS Codes: A6234, A6235, A6236, A6237, A6238.
- XtraSorb HCS Super Absorbent Hydrogel Dressings Product Codes: 86322, 86344, 86388, 86433, 86466.
- Additional Information