Reclining wheelchairs are ideal for those who need mobility assistance and added back support and ease in transport. The Viper Plus GT Full Reclining Wheelchair, by Drive Medical, is a quality reclining wheelchair that has a plethora of features not often found on similar chairs.
The Viper Plus GT, starting from the top, has a padded headrest that extends past the backrest and it detachable. The seatback extends to cover the full back and comes in optional widths - from 16-18 inches. This reclining wheelchair also has a spreader bar that acts as a back stabilizer and a push handle for an attendant.
This Drive Medical wheelchair has offset rear wheels to add additional stability so as to equally distribute the patient's weight, even while in various reclining positions. The rear wheels are supported by composite mag-style wheels to shave off added weight, while in front are two 8 inch diameter wheels. The rear wheels include locks conveniently located next to the chair. There are also hand brakes that can help an attendant brake while transporting the patient.
This chair is also equipped with a hydraulic reclining mechanism to allow for adjustments up to 180 degrees. The seat is upholstered with flame-retardant nylon that will also resist mildew and bacteria. The frame is of carbon steel and has double-coated chrome and a chip-proof finish. The arm rests are padded with durable stitched nylon to provide an additional level of comfort and will flip back to aid in transferring in and out of the chair. It comes with composite foot plates that are durable and lightweight.
The Viper Plus GT Full Reclining Wheelchair comes in six different variations that come in 16, 18 and 20 inch seat widths and have either desk-type or full length arm rests. The chair will carry a maximum of 300 pounds and are warrantied by Drive Medical.
Viper Plus GT Full Reclining Wheelchair Features and Benefits
- The carbon steel frame has double-coated chrome for an attractive, chip-proof, maintainable finish.
- The chair comes standard with swing-away elevating legrests.
- It features 8 inch front casters.
- The attendant wheel locks in a convenient and easily accessible location.
- The seat can be quickly set at 16 or 18 inch depths, without any extra components.
- The composite footplates are durable and lightweight.
- The composite mag-style wheels are lightweight and maintenance free.
- The durable flame retardant nylon upholstery resists mildew and bacteria.
- The front caster forks are adjustable in 3 positions.
- The hydraulic reclining mechanism allows for adjustments up to 180 degrees.
- The nylon, padded armrests provide added patient comfort and feature a flip-back mechanism for easy transfers.
- The offset rear wheel position adds additional stability and equally distributes the patients weight while in the various reclining positions.
- The precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long lasting performance and reliability.
- A spreader bar acts as a back stabilizer and a convenient push handle for the attendant.
- It comes with a standard dual axle for easy adjustment of seat to floor height from adult to hemi-level.
- The urethane rear tires and casters offer superior performance, smoother ride and are lightweight
Viper Plus GT Full Reclining Wheelchair Specifications
- Product Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Weight in Pounds: 47 (16 Inch Seat), 49 (18 Inch Seat), 51 (20 Inch Seat)
- Back Height: 23 Inch; With Headrest: 33 Inch
- Length: 42 Inch
- Width: 24 Inch
- Height: 50 Inch
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Manufacturer Numbers: PLA416RBDDA, PLA416RBDFA, PLA418RBDDA, PLA418RBDFA, PLA420RBDDA, and PLA420RBDFA
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsDoes this chair have reclining foot and leg rests?Question by: Karla Ross on Jan 12, 2018 11:35:00 AMThe leg rests can be adjusted to raise/lower.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on May 18, 2018 8:31:00 AM