Customers Also Bought
The Unistik 3 Lancet, by Owen Mumford, is a disposable device used to painlessly pierce the skin to sample blood. These devices allow both patient and caregiver quick access to obtain a sample either from the finger or heel. The Unistik 3 is especially designed for speed, safety, and convenience. They are single-use tools that will be highly useful for diabetics and clinicians who need to take blood samples on a daily basis.
The Unistik 3 is touted by the company to deliver painless micro incisions. The device is equipped with what Owen Mumford calls Comfort Zone Technology, or CTZ. With CTZ, the tip of the lancing device has a raised beaded edge that is pressed on the skin. The patented design is to give a pressure point response to the brain that envokes comfort prior to delivering the fingerstick, helping eliminate pain to make the experience less traumatic.
The Unistik shaft has some comfort features that include a side release button and pre-set lancet speed. Using this lancet is a simple to perform -- one simply starts by twisting and turning the protective sterile cap. Turning the cap effectively 'unlocks' the lance mechanism. After unlocking, the user positions the lancet and activates the release button. The lancet will automatically retract into the body of the device to prevent accidental sticks, cuts, and cross-contamination.
Test sites are typically conducted either on the side of the patient's ring or middle finger tip, or sampled from either side of the heel (typically for babies and infants). There are five choices of Unistik 3 Lancet devices: low blood flow, medium blood flow, high blood flow, a dual purpose design for both high blood flow at the heel heel, or low blood flow for the finger, as well as a pediatric lancet design.
For a capillary sampling lancet option by Owen Mumford, see the Unistik 2 Capillary Blood Sampling Device.
Unistik 3 Lancet Features and Benefits
- The lancet delivers near painless sampling fingersticks.
- The lancet end has a pressure point stimulator to help diminish pain.
- There are a variety of lancets for blood flow types and pediatrics.
- It has a twist to activate lance that delivers and retracts for safety.
- The whole device is simply disposed of after single use.
Unistik 3 Lancet Specifications
- Manufacturer: Owen Mumford
- Lancet Depths:
- 1.5mm (Gentle)
- 1.8mm (Comfort, Dual, Normal)
- 2.0mm (Extra)
- Gentle: For Pediatric and Frequent Testing
- Comfort: For Low Flow Blood Glucose Testing, HbA1c
- Normal: For Medium Flow Blood Glucose Testing, Cholesterol, HbA1c
- Extra: For High Flow Blood Glucose, Cholesterol, HGB, PT/INR and Similar Tests
- Dual: For Low Flow Heelstick Tests and High Flow Fingersticks
- Product Numbers: AT1028, AT1027, AT1022, AT1024, AT1048, AT1047, AT1042, AT1044, AT1006, AT1008, AT1007, AT1002, AT1004, AT1016, AT1016, AT1018, AT1012, AT1014, AT1062, AT1064
- HCPCS: A4259
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Owen Mumford
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!