Customers Also Bought
When you've made your purchase of a True Metrix Pro, you'll also need to get yourself some bottles of True Metrix Control Solution. Testing your machine and test strips with a control solution is vital in making sure your blood glucose levels are accurate, allowing you to keep better track of blood-glucose needs. Control solution for True Metrix allows you to test your machine and True Metrix test strips by providing a known glucose level. Various stimuli can cause the levels measured by your meter to vary. As a result, your blood glucose levels can be inaccurate, leaving you in potential danger if your levels suddenly change. Control solution allows you to avoid this by helping you determine if something is wrong with either your test strips or your machine.
When to Perform a Control Solution Test
Control solution testing should be done periodically according to the directions indicated by your chosen meter. Ultimately, the purpose of testing is the same: verifying the accuracy of test results. Outside of regular testing, you may want to test your test strips or monitor if:
- You Get a New Meter
- Every Time You Get A New Batch of Strips
- The Cap On the Test Strip Bottle Has Been Left off For an Extended Period
- The Strips Have Been Stored in Temperatures Above or Below Recommended Range
- Strips Have Been Stored in a High Humidity Environment
- You've Dropped Your Meter
- You Suspect Your Levels Don't Reflect What is Normal or How You are Feeling
- You Suspect You Have Improperly Performed a Test
To perform a test with a control solution, simply follow the directions included with your meter for conducting a quality control test. Since this is a page for True Metrix Solution, we will be walking step by step on how to conduct one of these tests with a True Metrix Pro.
How to Perform a Control Solution Test with the True Metrix Pro
As you start, note that only True Metrix sollution should be used. Start by testing the True Metrix Control Solution level 1 (McKesson 06-5051-1).
- Allow Proper Time for Control Solution, Test Strips, and Meter to Adjust to Room Temperature
- Check Expiration Date Located on Control Solution Bottle. If Testing After This Date, Discard Solution as It May Provide Inaccurate Results. If New, Record Date Bottle Is Opened. 3 Months After Opening Bottle, Solution Will No Longer Provide Reliable Results.
- Check Expiration Date for Test Strips Located on Bottle. If Past this Date, Discard as They May Provide Inaccurate Results. If New, Record Date Bottle is Opened. 4 Months After Opening Bottle, Strips Will No Longer Provide Reliable Results.
- Gently Swirl or Invert Control Solution (Do Not Shake)
- Remove Test Strip from Bottle and Insert Into Meter Test Port
- Wait for Meter to Turn on and Wait for Drop Symbol to Display on Meter Screen
- Gently Squeeze Control Solution Bottle Until a Small Drop Forms on Tip
- Wipe off Drop from Tip With a Clean Tissue Product
- Gently Squeeze Solution Bottle and Form Another Drop
- Press Drop to Test Strip Window, Allowing It to Be Drawn Inside Strip
- Meter Will Proceed With the Test and Display Results
- Check Results with Result Range on Test Solution Bottle. If Results Are in Range, Everything Appears to Be Working Properly
- Repeat Test With True Metrix Solution Level 2 (McKesson 06-R5051-2) to Verify Results
- Repeat Test with Level 3 Solution
NoteTrue Metrix Control Solution Level 3 (McKesson 06-R5051-3) may be used during testing instead of level 2. However, you should always test at least 2 different level solutions to confirm results. Doing so 3 times will only better ensure everything is working as intended.
Product Features and Benefits
- Allows for Control Testing with True Metrix Blood Glucose Meters
- 3 Levels Included to Ensure Most Accurate Test Results
- Product Lasts Up to 3 Months After Opening
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Manufacturer: McKesson
- Item Numbers: 06-5051-1, 06-5051-2, 06-5051-3
- Volume: 3mL
- Country of Origin: United States
- Application: Control Solution
Manuals and Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions contain information regarding testing solutions.
- Product Specification Sheet contains information regarding product use.
- Product Safety Data Sheet contains safety information regarding product.
- Product Manual for True Metrix Pro contains instructions for proper control testing.
How to Use a Glucometer (4:54 minutes)
- Additional Information