Other Thera-Band product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Available in four progressive levels the TheraBand FlexBar Resistance Bar by Hygenic has been clinically proven to eliminate pain in the upper extremities. Athletes and martial artists also use the FlexBar as part of a exercise program to improve strength in the arms, hands and shoulders. The FlexBar's rigid surface and natural latex rubber material is pliable so that the patient or athlete can comfortably twist and bend the FlexBar. The 1.5 inch diameter creates an enhanced grip that's helpful also helpful while performing the exercise at the selected resistance level.
Hygenic's color code system increases in resistance and indicates progress as you move up in colors. You may want to begin with the TheraBand FlexBar Yellow since it offers the lightest resistance level at 6 pounds of force needed to manipulate the bar. TheraBand FlexBar Red increases the resistance level to 10 pounds of force with TheraBand FlexBar Green at 15 pounds. The highest resistance level is found with the TheraBand FlexBar Blue at 25 pounds of force used by elite athletes.
A non-surgical approach to relieving pain from Tennis Elbow and Golfer's Elbow is performing the "Tyler Twist" physical therapy exercise. Research has shown that performing three sets of 10-15 intervals of the "Tyler Twist" will reduce elbow pain by 81 percent and increase strength by 72 percent. Since the bar is lightweight and portable, it's easy to pack it with you to perform the exercise throughout the day. After performing the exercise, apply ice or cold therapy Biofreeze pain relieving gel to reduce soreness.
Instructions for the "Tyler Twist"
- (A) Hold the FlexBar vertically in front of you placing the injured hand on the bottom end and extend your wrist.
- (B) Then grasp the upper end of the bar with the other hand facing your palm away from you.
- (C) Twist the bar with the top hand while stabilizing the bottom hand.
- (D) Hold both wrists steady while you extend both elbows in from of you with the wrist of injured side extended and the other wrist flexed.
- (E) Release the bar slowly with your injured side and keep the tension on the uninjured side.
- Repeat this exercise 10-15 times three times a day.
- Move up in color when regimen becomes easy.
Features and Benefits:
- Progressive Resistance Levels
- Relieves Pain
- Increases Strength
- Lightweight and Portable
- Manufacturer: Hygenic
- Item Number: 26100 (Red), 26101 (Green), 26102 (Blue), 26107 (Yellow)
- Quantity: Each
- Length: 12 Inch
- Diameter: 1.5 Inch
- Colors: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
- Material: Natural Latex Rubber
- Pounds of Force: Yellow (6 lbs), Red (10 lbs), Green (15 lbs), Blue (25 lbs)
- Individuals needing to eliminate pain or build strength in the upper extremities.
"Tyler Twist" Instructions for Tennis Elbow Video (0:20 minutes)
"Reverse Tyler Twist"Instructions for Golfer's Elbow Video (1:22 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Hygenic Sub Brand Thera-Band
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!