Other Tegaderm product(s)
- 3M Tegaderm Frame Style Transparent Film Dressings
- 3M Tegaderm IV Transparent Film Dressings with Border - Rectangle, Oval, Octagon
- Tegaderm Film 1626W | 4 x 4-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm 1633 IV Border Dressing | 2-3/4 x 3-1/4 by 3M
- 3M Tegaderm CHG IV Securement Dressing
- Tegaderm Foam Adhesive Dressing by 3M Health Care
Customers Also Bought
Tegaderm Transparent Film Roll offers a waterproof barrier to bacteria and viruses. This clear tape can be cut to fit the desired treatment area. This roll dressing flexes with your body and contours against your skin for a comfortable fit. Its transparent natures allows caregivers and patients to observe the bandage or medical device that is being secured. Manufactured by 3M, these transparent dressings are designed with a thin film backing of non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive. The clear film is breathable, allowing oxygen and moisture vapor exchange.
Laboratory testing has shown Tegaderm as a barrier against HIV-1 and HBV while the dressings remain intact without leakage. 3M Tegaderm Dressings should not be used as a replacement for sutures and other primary wound closure methods. Other transparent film dressing products from 3M include HP Transparent Dressings and +Pad Dressings.
Tegaderm Dressings can be used for the following applications:
- Cover and protect catheter sites and wounds.
- Maintain a moist environment for wound healing.
- Facilitate autolytic debridement.
- Cover first and second degree burns.
- Secure devices to the skin.
- Protect superficial partial thickness burns.
- Treat stage I or II pressure ulcers.
- Keep clean, closed surgical incisions.
- Protect abrasions, skin tears, blisters.
- Secondary dressing.
- Protective cover over at-risk skin.
- Protective eye covering.
- Skin graft donor sites.
- Autolytic debridement facilitated by the moist wound healing environment.
- Protective eye covering.
- For post tattoo application and removal.
Features & Benefits
- Reduced application time.
- Gentle and comfortable.
- Waterproof and absorbent.
- Transparent medical tape allows maximum versatility as it can be cut to any shape and size with its "frame" delivery system.
- Dressings conform to the body and flex with skin for greater patient comfort.
- Clear dressings allow easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove the dressing.
- Reinforced notches reduce mechanical stress from heavy catheters.
- Sterile tape strips enhance securing of catheters or IV's.
- Polyurethane film is thin for better contour over high-profile devices.
- Waterproof, sterile dressing cannot become saturated during bathing or showering.
- Breathable and impermeable to liquids, viruses and bacteria.
- Product Number: 16002, 16004, 16006.
- Width Options: 2, 4 and 6 Inch.
- Length: 11 Yards.
- Shape: Roll.
- Materials: Silicone coated paper liner, polyethylene-cellulose silicone carrier liner, acylate polymer, urethane polymer, polyester backing, rayon backing, polyethylene film.
- Use: Secural and wound management.
- Application: Transparent Film Dressing Roll
- Solubility in water: Nil.
- Fire hazard: No.
- Latex free.
- Manufacturer: 3M.
- Brand: Tegaderm.
- UNSPSC Code: 42311505.
- HCPCS Code A6257.
- Step 1 - Cut to desired length and round corners or cut to shape for given application.
- Step 2 - Hold dressing by side tab and remove the backliner. Center dressing over area requiring fixation or protection and apply without stretching.
- Step 3 - Gently smooth down the dressing, helping to seal the film. Remove the top liner.
- 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Roll Application and Removal Guide covers features and benefits and the use of this transparent bandage roll.
- Tegaderm Clinical Studies provides citations to numerous studies of this transparent film dressing.
- Additional Information