Customers Also Bought
The Stander BedCane is a one-of-a-kind bedside safety handle that allows its users to transfer in and out of bed safely. The ergonomic, non-slip handle provides a low profile, comfortable grip and is adjustable in height for maximum comfort. The wooden platform provides a strong and steady hold for safety and peace of mind. The BedCane comes with a bonus organizer pouch to help keep valuables close by during the night. The BedCane also comes with a safety strap that attaches to the bed frame for additional stability. It’s perfect for most traditional home beds; not intended for use on adjustable beds.Medical studies find that bed rails "have a range of functions including safety in transit, comfort and security, a physical barrier and reminder of the bed perimeters, and supporting mobility for turning and repositioning and transferring in/out of the bed.... Some rail designs resolve the conflict between preventing falls and limiting mobility by providing ½ length (or shorter) rails which can be used to assist lying-sitting-standing and transferring in/out of the bed."1
- Assist Handle
- Pocket Organizer
- Base Board with Bracket
- Safety Strap with Buckle
- Product Instructions
This mobility support device includes a safety strap to secure the base to the bed frame and a canvas organizer that hangs over part of the grip. It offers users easier turning and repositioning in bed. Although it is not a restraint device or a traditional bed rail, it serves as a bed cane for adjustable beds and helps to provide a physical barrier to prevent accidental falls out of bed. The height of the Bed Cane is adjustable for varying mattress thickness.
Other Mobility Assist Products from Stander are below:
- Security Pole with Curved Grab Bar
- Assist-A-Tray Couch Handle
- Stander Bedside EconoRail
- EZ Stand N Go
Bed Cane Rail Features
Key Product Features
- Mobility Support for Getting In and Out of Bed
- Repositioning Support
- Turn Assist
- Physical Barrier to Falling Out of Bed
- 4-Pocket Organizer
Product Features and Benefits
- PREVENT FALLS: Support handles allows for easy transfers in and out of bed
- ORGANIZER POUCH: Provides storage for small items without needing to reach to a nightstand
- BED TYPES: Works with most traditional home beds; not intended for use on adjustable beds
- MATTRESS HEIGHTS: Adjusts in height from 16"-21" to fit mattresses 12"-16" thick
- BASE BOARD: Wooden base board slips between the mattress and box spring
- SAFETY STRAP: Bed rail secures to bed frame with included strap to prevent gapping and sliding
Bed Assist Rail for Mobility Support
Warning: Suffocation Hazard/Strangulation Hazard/Fall Hazard/ Entrapment Hazard
If product is installed incorrectly or moves from its initial position gaps can occur which can entrap and kill. People with Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or other neurological conditions, or those who are sedated, confused, or frail, are at increased risk of falling, entrapment, suffocation and strangulation.
- NEVER use unless product is tight against mattress, without gaps, and at least 12.5 in. from headboard and footboard.
- NEVER use with children.
- NEVER use on toddler, bunk, water, or inflatable beds, or on beds with mattress toppers or soft compressible pads.
- If you are suffering from an injury, illness, or are taking medications that affect your balance or ability to stand or sit down, you should first consult your physician before using this product.
- If the product is not used properly, the user may incur serious injury or harm could result.
- The product will not support the full weight of the user.
- The design of this product provides balance and support while transitioning to sitting or standing positions.
- Read the product instructions carefully and follow them exactly to ensure proper product assembly, positioning and use.
- Children should not hang from or play with the product.
- The weight of the mattress must be adequate to support the product. This mobility assist device should not be used with light-weight foam or other light-weight mattresses.
- DISCLAIMER: Neither Standers, Inc. nor the manufacture is liable for any harm or injury that may result from the improper use or assembly of the product.
- Product Number: 2041
- Fits 12 to 16-Inch Mattress Heights
- Rail Width: 15 Inches
- Rail Height: Adjustable 16 to 22 Inches
- Base Dimensions: 23 x 19 Inch
- Weight: 12 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 350 Pounds
- Shipping Dimensions: 25 x 19 x 2 Inches
- Manufacturer: Stander.
- Bed Compatibility: Attaches to most traditional or platform beds with included safety strap.
- Assembly: Installs in minutes with 3 bolts and safety pin.
- Remove all components from the box and verify all parts are present.
- Select which side of the bed the user will need the assist device.
- Place the base between the mattress and box spring of the bed.
- Position the open side of the handle toward the foot of the bed.
- Position the top of the handle 4-inches above the top of the mattress. Positioning the handle any higher or lower than 4-inches produces a risk of entrapment for the user that can result in injury.
- Do not remove the fabric organizer from the Bedcane. The organizer also aids to prevent entrapment.
- Insert the handle into the base bracket. Tighten the short bolt with an Allen wrench.
- Tighten the two long bolts, removing any wobble between the handle and the base bracket.
- Loop the strap around the opposite bed frame and buckle to secure the device to the bed.
- Slide the bedrail against the side of the mattress, ensuring that no space exists between the handle and the side of the mattress.
- Tighten the strap to secure the assist device against the side of the mattress.
- Relace the mattress on top of the assist device support and the box springs.
Manufacturer Warranty Summary
The manufacturer of this product warrants to the original purchaser that this product will be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase. During the warranty period, the manufacturer will correct any defects in material or workmanship, at no charge. The shipping cost must be prepaid by the original purchaser. Any replacement parts will be new and are warranted for the remainder of the original warranty or thirty (30) days from the date of shipment, whichever is longer. The original purchaser must notify Standers, Inc. during the warranty period in writing of the defect in workmanship or material. This warranty is not transferable and covers only normal use. Shipping charges are not refundable.
The warranty does NOT cover the following four items:
- Damage during shipment other than original shipment to retailer.
- Damage caused by unauthorized attachments, alterations, or modifications.
- Damage caused by the use of the product for purposes other than those for which the product was designed or intended.
- Damage caused by any other abuse, misuse, mishandling or misapplication.
BedCane Support Rail Video (1:27 minutes)
Senior Mobility (0:40 minutes)
Testimonial for Assist Device Video (0:33 minutes)
Testimonial for Stander Products Video (2:27 minutes)
- 1 Hignett, Sue, et al. "Which bed designs and patient characteristics increase bed rail use?." Age and ageing 42.4 (2013): 531-535. (Last Accessed June-15-2020)
Additional Medical Studies
- Wiggermann, Neal. "Biomechanical evaluation of a bed feature to assist in turning and laterally repositioning patients." Human factors 58.5 (2016): 748-757. (Last Accessed June-15-2020)
- Alexander, Neil B., et al. "Bed mobility task performance in older adults." Journal of rehabilitation research and development 37.5 (2000): 633-638. (Last Accessed June-15-2020)
- Ching-Hua, Wei, et al. "Hospital bed with auxiliary functions of lateral positioning and transferring for immobilized patients." IECON 2007-33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. IEEE, 2007. (Last Accessed June-15-2020)
Manuals and Documents
- Brochure contains product features and benefits.
- Flyer contains product warnings and assembly instructions.
- Additional Information