Customers Also Bought
Smart Nora Overview
The Smart Nora Snoring Solution's Unparalleled Design and Performance
The Smart Nora Snoring Solution is a comfortable and noninvasive anti-snoring device that helps snorers and their partners sleep through the night without snoring-caused interruption. Unlike other snore reduction aids, this item has no invasive parts, such as those that have to be put into the mouth or strapped around the head or face. In addition, this system's distinguished design allows its user to continue to sleep in the sleeping position they are used to and that is most comfortable for them. It also works with any pillow type, so the user can continue to use their favorite pillow.
This product comes complete with a snore-detecting pebble and pebble mount; a wall adapter and USB-compatible charging base (adapters included); and an inflatable and adjustable pillow insert with accompanying air tube and comfort sleeve. The Smart Nora pillow inflation settings can be adjusted for sound sensitivity, and users can choose between three pillow height options. This allows users to create a customized experience for ultimate comfort. LED indicator lights are also featured so users can easily see the sound sensitivity setting, whether the device is off or on, the status of its battery, and more. In addition, this Sleep Aid system can be used with an optional 30-minute delay so the user can fall asleep before the under-pillow snoring device is activated. Finally, this item is compact and easy to travel with, and it conveniently locks so no buttons are accidentally pressed and the battery isn't drained during transport.
Users interested in the Smart Nora may also be interested in the Rhinomed Mute, a snoring device that gently opens the nasal passages. It comes in three sizes -- small, medium, and large -- so users can find the perfect fit for their needs.
How Does It Work?
During sleep, the neck and throat muscles relax, which reduces the amount of space in the respiratory passages for air to move through. This can cause internal vibration and snore sounds. The Smart Nora effectively prevents this from happening.
First, the pebble that comes with this item detects snoring when it starts. Once snoring is detected, the unit immediately sends information via Bluetooth to the base and its internal pump. The base then quietly pumps air into the inflatable Smart Nora pillow insert. This gently repositions the user so their throat muscles relax and their airways open.
Because it moves the user's neck slightly in their sleep, it may take a short time for them to adjust to this system. For those who need this adjustment period, it typically does not take long (usually about a week) before both the user and their partner sleep soundly through the night without disturbance. Sensitivity can also be modified to the user's liking so the system detects snores and adjusts its positioning more or less often. This setting can easily be altered to fit the user's changing needs as necessary. The delayed sleep mode will also help users adjust as it delays the Nora snoring aid from starting up for 30 minutes.
Product Sleep Study
This product's efficacy has been verified through an independent study. In a study conducted by SleepScore Labs, 58 participants were tracked over 527 nights. This study found benefits for both users and their partners. The users had a 20% increase in their ability to sleep through the night, while their partners showed a 31% increased ability. Snorers and their partners woke up 38% and 30% less throughout the night, respectively. Snoring companions found they were 30% more rested and partners found there were 33% more rested than they were before use of the Smart Nora. Finally, the snoring party got out of bed 52% less than usual. All together, these statistics show that users of this under-pillow snoring device not only get more sleep but better quality sleep with fewer interruptions.
What Comes in the Box?
- Pebble Mount
- Pillow Insert
- Air Tube
- Base (With Pump and Rechargeable Battery)
- Comfort Sleeve
- Base Charger
- Pebble Charger (USB)
Features and Benefits
- Contactless Anti-Snore Device
- Allows Partner to Sleep Through the Night
- Comfortable to Use
- No Sleep Position Changes Required
- Bluetooth Pebble-Base Combo
- Embedded Smart Sensor
- Pillow Height Adjustability
- Sensitivity Setting Adjustment
- Thirty-Minute Delayed Start Option
- Virtually Silent Pump
- Locking Feature for Transport
- Pebble Mount
- USB Connectivity
- DC Wall Chargeable
- LED Indicator Lights
How to Use the Smart Nora Sleep Aid
Who Would Find This Product Useful?
Many factors and conditions may cause snoring. These factors increase the likelihood of the occurrence of snoring:
- Anatomy (such as narrow airways, a deviated septum, and other structural defects)
- Alcohol consumption
- Gender (nen are nore likely to snore than women)
- Genetics and family history
- Sleep apnea
Note: This product is not designed to treat or diagnose medical conditions.
Do not use this device under the following circumstances:
- The device does not help reduce the snoring issue after two weeks of use.
- The device causes pain or discomfort.
- The intended user is a child or an infant.
- Connect the inflatable pillow insert to the base via the air tubing.
- Connect the base to power via the DC wall charger.
- Press the power button on the base to turn the device on.
- Use the USB cable to connect the pebble to the base to charge it.
- Locate the switch at the bottom of the pebble. Flip it up to unlock the pebble, if necessary.
- Locate the long bar-shaped button on the bottom of the pebble. Press it once to turn the device on.
- The pump may activate automatically. If it does not, press the Bluetooth button.
- Lie down on the pillow and press the Bluetooth button to test the pillow and determine and select a suitable inflation setting.
- Use the Velcro strips included with the wall mount to attach the mount to the headboard or wall. It should sit about 10 inches above the head. To do this, press and hold the Velcro strip for at least 30 seconds to attach it to the headboard; then attach the mount to the Velcro strip. It will click into place.
- Put the pebble inside of the wall mount.
- On/Off (press once) and Delay Start (hold for one second)
- Microphone Sensitivity Adjustment
- Battery LED Indicator Light (flashes while the pebble is charging)
- Travel Lock (switch down to lock for travel and up to unlock)
- Bluetooth Button (starts up Smart Nora, which is indicated by blinking white light)
- Helps Stop Snoring Throat Spray: Fifty doses of essential oil throat spray for snoring.
- Hermell Softeze Pillow: A polyurethane foam pillow shaped to help reduce snoring before it starts.
- Marpac Dohm Classic Natural Sound Machine: A white noise machine with adjustable volume and tone. Originally named the Sleep-Mate, this product has been helping people get improved sleep since 1962.
- Natural Balance Herbal Slumber: An herbal blend with melatonin and valerian root for better sleep. Each bottle contains 60 capsules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Smart Nora sleep aid work for sleep apnea?
This item is designed to diminish snoring. It is not a medical device and does not diagnose or treat sleep apnea.
Can the user sleep in any position? Does it work for side sleepers?
Yes, this item can be used while the sleeper sleeps on their side, back, or front.
How does this product differ from other anti-snoring devices?
This item is a non-invasive and drug-free snoring remedy. It does not have to touch the user's mouth, nose, or face. No prescription is required.
How do I turn on Smart Nora?
Simply press the long, thin ON/OFF button (located at the bottom of the pebble) once to turn the item on for immediate use. To turn on with a 30-minute start delay, press the bar and hold it for one second. A white LED light will flash if the initiation process was successful.
Why do snorers not hear themselves?
Scientists don't yet have a clear answer to this question. However, Ronald Chervin, the University of Michigan’s Sleep Disorders Center director, has a theory. He states that the brain filters incoming sensory information differently when we sleep. Sensory information that is novel or that is directed at the sleeper, such as hearing one's name or a loud sound, is more likely to alert the sleeper, while sounds that are neither essential nor novel (such as white noise from a fan) are less commonly detected during asleep. Similarly, organic, internal sound may be less likely to be detected as we sleep.
Smart Nora Set-Up Video (2:06 minutes)
Smart Nora Snoring Device Video (1:26 minutes)
Smart Nora Review Video (7:54 minutes)
Smart Nora on Good Morning America Video (1:41 minutes)
Smart Nora on CBS Try it Before you Buy it Video (2:31 minutes)
- Manufacturer: Smart Nora
- Type: Anti-Snoring Device
- Style: Contact-Free
- Color: White
- Power Source: DC
- Application: Snore Prevention
This product includes a one-year manufacturer's warranty.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents
- User Manual for the Smart Nora contains installation and user instructions.