Other Portex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Portex Flex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes Overview
Smiths Medical Portex Flex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes are made from siliconized PVC, allowing them to be both soft and kink-resistant. This pliability reduces trauma to the trachea that may be caused by inserted tubes. Portex Flex D.I.C. Trach Tubes contain built-in 15 mm ISO Terminations for interfacing with a ventilator if the need arises. Color coding allows for quick and easy identification of the correct size. Don't forget to don a set of sterile exam gloves before inserting.
Cuffed and Uncuffed Options
The Portex Uncuffed Flex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tube is a "cufless" style trach tube. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, uncuffed/cuffless trach tubes are typically used for individuals who have tracheal problems and patients who are nearing decannulation.
Portex Cuffed Flex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes are trach tubes that feature a cuff, which creates a closed-circuit system for ventilated patients. These tubes reduce the potential for trauma to the area by creating a high-volume, low-pressure seal with Portex's Soft-Seal cuff.
Product Features and Benefits
- Disposable Inner Cannula
- Made from Soft, Siliconized PVC
- Pliability and Softenss Helps Prevent Tracheal Trauma
- Built-In 15 mm ISO Termination for Ventilator Interfacing
- Cuffed and Uncuffed Versions
- Color Coded for At-a-Glance Identification
Other products to consider include MedLine's EZ Lubricating Jelly, which is made for inserting diagnostic and therapeutic devices, and Portex Wide Tracheostomy Tube Straps that enhance comfort with soft foam padding.
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Brand: Portex
- Product Numbers: 504060; 504070; 504080; 504090; 504100; 505060; 505070; 505080; 505090; 505100
- Cuff Options: Cuffed and Uncuffed
- Tube Inner Diameter (ID): 6 mm; 7 mm; 8 mm; 9 mm; 10 mm
- Tube Outer Diameter (OD): 8.2 mm; 9.6 mm; 10.9 mm; 12.3 mm; 13.7 mm
- Lengths: 64 mm; 70 mm; 73 mm; 79 mm; 79 mm
- Color Codes: Orange; Green; White; Blue; Yellow
- Application: Tracheostomy Tubes
Manuals and Documents
- John Hopkins Medical's Types of Tracheostomy Tubes contains information regarding tracheostomy tube types.
- Portex Cuffed Brochure
- Portex Uncuffed Brochure
- Additional Information