Customers Also Bought
The Drive ShearCare1500 Pressure Redistribution Foam Mattress comes in two extra-wide mattress options to support a high weight capacity when caring for bariatric patients. It offers a pressure redistribution framework to prevent health issues such as pressure ulcers when patient is non-ambulatory. To support bariatric patients, the ShearCare line offers extra dense foam mattress using two distinct layers. The bottom layer is made of high density LX45 foam and ILD foam for superior support and stability. The top layer is a highly resilient, high-density die-cut foam that will both support and distribute pressure across the body as a way to prevent pressure sores and skin irritation from occurring.
At the foot section of the SheareCare 1500 there is Lura-Quilt foam which allows for air flow through the material and keep the heel and calves cool and dry -- elements that help ward against skin maceration and irritation.
The dual foam system is enveloped in a two-way stretch fabric that has two distinct top and bottom surfaces. The top fabric will reduce heat build-up and provide a low shear surface that is anti-microbial and waterproof. The bottom layer is completely vinyl. It is waterproof on the bottom and will prevent staining. The zipper on this mattress cover is concealed and has a flap that goes over the opening to prevent liquids from getting inside its core.
The mattress meets Federal Fire Code CFR 16 part 1633. The mattress holds a maximum of 650 lbs for the 42 inch width and 750 for the 48 inch width.
You may also want to check outthe Med-Aire PLUS Bariatric Alternating Pressure Low Air Loss Mattress which is also designed for the prevention of pressure ulcers.
Features and Benefits
- Extra Durable and Wide for Bariatric Patients
- Designed with Concealed Zipper and Flap to Prevent Liquids from Contaminating Mattress Core
- Specific Foot and Head Regions
- Meets Federal Fire Code CFR 16 part 1633
- Made of Multi-layered Pressure Redistribution Foam
- Bottom High-Density Layer Creates Support and Stability
- Lura-Quilt Foam at Heels Prevents Ulcers and Keeps Patient Cool and Dry
- Low-Shear Cover is Anti-microbial and Water-resistant
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Product Numbers: 1500SC-42-FB, 1500SC-48-FB
- Cover Material: Fluid-Resistant Nylon Top, Waterproof Vinyl Bottom
- Fire Rating: CFR 16 Part 1633 Federal Fire Code
- Layers of Foam: 3
- Weight Capacity:
- 42 Inch Width - 650 lbs
- 48 Inch Width - 750 lbs
- Length: 80 Inch
- Width Options: 42, 48 Inches
- Height: 6 Inches
- HCPCS: E0184
- Warranty: 7 Years on Foam; 1 Year on Cover
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!