Other Securi-T product(s)
- Securi-T 1-Piece Drainable Pouch w/ Extended Wear Barrier - 12-Inch Opaque
- Securi-T Flat Wafers for Two-Piece Pouching Systems
- Securi-T Closed-End Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Opaque
- Securi-T Urostomy Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Transparent
- Securi-T Drainable Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Transparent with Belt Tabs
- Securi-T Extended Wear Wafer for Two-Piece Pouching Systems
Customers Also Bought
The Securi-T Convex Wafer with Flexible Collar by Hollister (formerly Genairex) is a quality-made skin barrier for ostomy care. This ostomy wafer comes in a wide variety of options so users can customize their skin barriers to their specific needs. Customers can have full control over the stoma opening size they want with the cut-to-fit version, or they can opt to choose a simple pre-cut version. The pre-cut skin barriers are sized to fit stoma openings sized anywhere between 3/4 of an inch to 1 3/4 of an inch wide. Securi-T convex skin barriers are a 5 x 5-inch size. Flange options range in size between 7/8 of an inch and 2-1/4 inches. Both standard and extended-wear versions are available. All Securi-T Convex Wafers come in boxes of five.
Securi-T has practically eliminated the problem of skin barriers that lose their seal and fall off the patient. This is because the Securi-T Convex Wafer with Flexible Collar has a convex curve design that helps create a strong seal on the skin. In addition, a flexible collar helps the barrier move with the skin so it doesn't come loose. This makes the Securi-T Convex Wafer a great choice for those with stomas that are inset or flush with the skin.
Vitality Medical also carries a number of ostomy pouches for two-piece ostomy systems, such as the Securi-T Two-Piece Drainable Pouch. Keep in mind that flange sizes must match between wafers and pouches for them to be connected.
Is a Convex Wafer is Right for My Needs?
Stomas can retract and this can cause issues. If a stoma is inset, flush, or protruding less than half an inch from the abdomen, a convex wafer is likely a good option for you. This is particularly true in cases where the stoma is leaking. A leaking stoma can interfere with skin adhesion and cause irritation. The more a stoma protrudes over a flange edge, the less chance there is that it will leak. The convex curve of this item creates more contact with the skin around the stoma and so prevents leakage and irritation.
Features and Benefits
- Customizable Ostomy Skin Barrier
- Flange Size Options Range Between 7/8 and 2-1/4 Inch
- Cut-to-Fit and Pre-Cut Versions Available
- Standard and Extended Wear Versions Available
- Convex Curve Design
- Better Adhesion to Retracted Stomas
- May Help Prevent Leakage and Skin Irritation
- Flexible Collar
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Brand: Securi-T
- Item Numbers: 7225134, 7238214, 7251234, 7819134, 7822134, 7825134, 7829214, 7832214, 7835214
- Function: Ostomy Wafer
- Type: Convex
- Cut Options: Cut-to-Fit, Pre-Cut
- Wear Options: Standard, Extended
- Size: 5 x 5 Inch
- Flange Sizes: 7/8, 1-3/4, 2-1/4 Inch
- Pre-Cut Stoma Opening Sizes: 3/4 Inch, 1 Inch, 1-3/4 Inch, 2-1/4 Inch
Manuals and Documents
- Product Catalog contains Securi-T product specifications.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A