Scotchcast Padded Splinting Material Roll is a splinting solution which allows for easy application and time savings. The splint consists of multiple layers of a knitted fiberglass fabric, impregnated with polyurethane resin. It is covered on one side by an air and moisture permeable non-woven fabric, and on the other side by fast drying air and moisture permeable open cell foam, which serves as padding. Exposure of the splint to moisture or water initiates a chemical reaction which causes the splint to become rigid. Once finished, the splint is lightweight, strong, and radiolucent meaning it will not interfere with x-rays. Available in a variety of sizes to accommodate a variety of patient sizes and reduces the need to cut and customize splints.
For an alternative splint option you may want to check out Posey Soft Splints. In order to keep the splint dry during bathing you may also want to look at Cast Protectors which come in a variety of styles depending on the effected limb.Scotchcast Padded Splinting Material Roll Features and Benefits
- All-in-one splint allows for easy application and time savings.
- Faster application increases patient turnaround.
- Conformable and moldable for better patient fit
- Provides strong, lightweight support to encourage early patient mobility.
- Item Numbers: 73004, 76312A, 76530
- Item # 73004
- Length: 14 Feet
- Width: 4 Inches
- Item # 76312A
- Length: 12 Inch
- Width: 3 Inch
- Item # 76530
- Length: 30 Inch
- Width: 5 Inch
- Application: Construction of common orthopedic splints.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!