Customers Also Bought
The Posey 8308 - 6 Month Single Resident Chair Sensor is an important protocol for fall management care to effectively detect when a patient exits a chair, geri-chair or wheelchair. The sensor pad will give an audible alarm to alert the caregiver of the impending danger. The chair sensor does not prevent falls but is part of a protocol to alarm caregivers.
The safety alarm sensor pad is to be used by a single resident only and should not be used after six months of use. Before patient sits down on the pad always make sure that it is in working order and that it's centered to go directly under the resident's buttocks when seated. To keep the pad in place, you may want to add non-slip grip matting across the width of the seat. For patients with incontinence, the pad is still effective when a incontinence pad is placed over the pad and gives protection to the sensor pad.
Posey also manufactures 8309 which is a 30-Day Chair Sensor Pad.
Features and Benefits
- Detects When Patient Exits Chair
- Alerts Caregiver to Prevent Falling
- Easy to Use
- Pad Designed for 30-Day and 6 Month Use
- Manufacturer: Posey
- Width: 13 Inches (33 cm)
- Length: 13 Inches (33 cm)
- Compatible with the Posey KeepSafe Deluxe, KeepSafe, Sitter II and Sitter Select Units
- Product Number: 8308, 8309
- Quantity: Each
- Warranty: 6 Months (8308), 30 Days (8309)
- Patients at risk for fall injuries.
- Only use sensor pad with Posey alarms.
- Pad is intended for single-resident use and not for multiple residents.
- Make sure pad is ON for monitoring mode.
- Check the plug on the sensor pad cable to ensure it's not damaged.
- Check the sensor pad cord and nurse call cable to make sure it's not a tripping hazard.
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsDo you have to buy any other equipment to add to the alarm pad to get it to operate?Question by: Robert D, Evans on Jul 11, 2017 9:26:29 AMNo other items are needed in order for this item to work properly. It is compatible with several Posey items; however, all of which we carry on our site.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 4, 2017 9:21:00 AM
Based on your history