The WalkOn Trimable ankle foot orthosis, by Ottobock, provides walking support for individuals with dorsiflexion weakness. The carbon fiber spring connects from the Achilles tendon to the calf to lift and swing the foot lengthening the stride and increasing walking speed. This provides a dynamic gait with natural heel strike. The carbon fiber is made with lightweight impregnated carbon fiber to reduce energy expenditure when walking. A Velcro strap, with hook and loop closures, secures firmly to the leg and connects to the foot pad inserted directly into the shoe. The foot pad is trimable giving the user a custom and comfortable fit. The pad features a low profile allowing shoe insoles to be worn with it if desired.
WalkOn Trimable lower leg orthoses for foot drop do not require specialized shoes. It's compatible with any stable shoe with reinforced heel since more return is found when shoe is properly fitted. It's recommended to wear the orthosis with cotton socks to reduce friction and to be hygienic.
The Calf Band accessory is a protecting pad to make your usage of the WalkOn Trimable orthosis be as comfortable as possible.
Regular care and cleaning is also essential to maintain the WalkOn Trimable. Wipe down the composite component of the orthosis with a damp cloth with a mild cleaning agent or use Super Sani-Cloth Disinfectant Wipes. The textile foot pad is removable and should be washed bi-weekly by hand or machine washing it with mild detergent only. Do not add fabric softener as it wears down material and completely air dry pad before use.
Features and Benefits:
- Foot Pad Trims to Size
- Inserts Directly into Shoe
- Improves Gait
- Increases Walking Speed
- Durable and Lightweight
- Allows for Dynamic Movement
- Low Profile Clearance
- Promotes Natural Heel Strike
- Slim Design
- Easy Donning and Doffing
- Manufacturer: Ottobock
- Quantity: Each
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Material: Preimpregnated Carbon Composite
- Weight Capacity: No Max Range
- HCPCS Codes: L1951
- Extra Calf Band
- Application: Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Indications: Individuals with Drop Foot from Dosiflexion Weakness with Mild to Moderate Spasticity, MS, Neural Muscle Atrophy, Peroneal Palsy or Post-Stroke
- Contraindications: Not suitable for Individuals with Weak Ankle or Mild Impairment or No Motor Control of Knee, Leg Ulcers, Oedema or Foot Deformities.
- Item Number Series: 28U23, 623Z39
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!